Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How do you see the future of gaming
Gunslinger

• Total Posts : 13
How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 19, 2005 07:07
I think that in the future all games would be VR
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 19, 2005 07:28
Expensive.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 19, 2005 07:51

ORIGINAL: Gunslinger

I think that in the future all games would be VR

Maybe in the distant future. Most developers don' t see VR playing a rol in games for a long time to come. One reason is it' s extremely expensive technology. Another reason is developing a game that allows the gamer to actually be in it and be affected by player movement would be a pain to program for. Also numerous genres would be disposed of. Everything would go into first person which would basically cut out platformers, 2d games(Terry would end his life), most RPGs, and so on. Also, think about trying to play a figthing game. You' d actually for the first time be limited to what you yourself can actually pull off physically. I' m in very good shape but I don' t think my drunken boxing skills are all that sharp to take a Dead or Alive character on
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 19, 2005 16:33

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m in very good shape but I don' t think my drunken boxing skills are all that sharp to take a Dead or Alive character on

At least it would be fun getting the " drunken" part down.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 19, 2005 17:19
I see a gaming schism between Microsoft/Sony and li' l old Nintendo. One side graphics and sophistication, one side innovation and affordability.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 27, 2005 15:39
It' s quite simple:

Like movies and music before them , games will get unified.

There will be one system in many variations (from low- to high-end) - like todays DVD players , VHS players , Audio Players.

All our beloved developers and publishers will make games (maybe even peripherials like controllers) for one unified system.

Like all new industries this one will also (sooner or later) be like this and with great profit for every gamer out there.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 29, 2005 16:12
It will be even more Mainstream-oriented and more popular so that you will see on almost every News show on TV reports about games, like celebrity reports. In the same time titles for hardcore gamers will disappear slowly because they dont appeal to the mainstream which is several times bigger than the few million hardcore gamers..
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 30, 2005 01:46
yeah ...we may have adopted it but it seems like a smooth mainstream take over.
Still among all the mainstream movies u see there are some awesome made as well.
We won' t see the glory days again but we might just survive :)
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 30, 2005 21:26
In the future everything will have to be licensed....... kinda like now.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Aug 30, 2005 21:41

ORIGINAL: lotusson

In the future everything will have to be licensed....... kinda like now.

...by EA!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: How do you see the future of gaming - Sep 05, 2005 03:33
My prediction for gaming is that graphics will more or less peak within 30-50 years much like sound cards. And this will spawn new innovations and new way to play games (maybe VR). I think gaming consoles will be much more portable (with new longer lasting battery polymers comes built in battery for consoles) as well and have internet access via satelite and one of those flip screens add ons and you have a totally wireless consoles (everything is wireless, no power cords,wireless controllers,add on screen and satelite internet) that you can play anywhere online. You want to play online on the bus, go ahead. The future in video games will change once battery technology advances (and breakthoughs are being made as we speak) to the point where on charge will power you console plus screens for 100s of hours.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 5 Sep 05 11:38:10 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message