Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And so it begins...
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 60
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 02:57

Speaking about the sales of No More Heroes in Japan, he told us, " Whilst the sales weren' t as high as I hoped, other titles for Wii aren' t selling so well either. Only Nintendo titles are doing well. This isn' t just because of the current situation in Japan, as this is happening outside Japan."

He also expressed surprise over the casual audience that has been the primary adopters of the Wii. " Actually I was very surprised about the reality about Wii, because before I was making this game, I wasn' t expecting that Wii would be a console targeted only for non-gamers. I expected more games for hardcore gamers. The reality is different to what I expected" .

No More Heroes was released in Japan last year to impressive reviews, but failed to set the retail world alight. It' s been reported that on its launch day, it took twenty minutes for someone to buy a copy at a signing, and even then it was a journalist from Famitsu.

LINK

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 03:18
When they announced the Revolution I got so excited at the prospect of the console changing gaming. I still think changing the way we interact with games is the next step in its evolution.

But somewhere between then and now, I' ve found the Wii just makes me depressed about the prospects. Its just another mass-market accessory now. A christmas present that is hardly ever used. A fun toy that VF can use to amuse his granny.

I wanna use the Wiimote to stab Mario and then shave his tache off. That' ll teach him.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 03:23
Don' t know why your getting so angry, I got one for the wife, bought her Mario Galaxy for Christmas and she tells me she doesn' t like Mario!!!!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 03:38
Ok, maybe its not all Mario' s fault then. He can keep his tache.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 06:37

Don' t know why your getting so angry, I got one for the wife,

A mustache? Huh... and what does the missus think about that?

This isn' t really that suprising. The last time I was in a Gamestop (granted, this was the week after New-Years), two people traded in their Nintendo Wii' s in the time I was in line. One of the ex-Wii owners put it towards credit on a PS3, and the two people behind me bought PS3' s as well.

I never thought I' d see the day.... (at least I didn' t when they first launched).
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 07:39
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 08:57

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 15:56

It' s been reported that on its launch day, it took twenty minutes for someone to buy a copy at a signing, and even then it was a journalist from Famitsu.

Lets all point and laugh at Nintendo.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 16:06

Lets all point and laugh at Virtua Fighter 5.

Fixed!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 16:30

Lets all point and laugh at Virtua Fighter 5 (the user, not to be confused with the finest fighting game ever created).

Clarified.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 16:46
Hasn' t it been the case for every Nintendo console that 1st party games sell well, and third party don' t - that seems the companies fault rather than the console itself. Do Nintendo care, probably not, they are raking it in.

Would 3rd party sales be any different say if hypothetically Sony had produced the wii?

and what ever happened to 2nd party games???
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 17:09

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

and what ever happened to 2nd party games???

Nintendo decided that they didn' t like Rare' s brand of toilet humour and so sold their 49% stake in the company to Microsoft.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 19:01
If Sony had produced something like the Wii after all their hype I think Sony Execs would have committed hari kari live onstage.

I think lack of ' proper' games will be the consoles sticking point, a friend of mine is seriously thinking about getting rid of his Wii.
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 19:51

If Sony had produced something like the Wii after all their hype I think Sony Execs would have committed hari kari live onstage.

I think lack of ' proper' games will be the consoles sticking point, a friend of mine is seriously thinking about getting rid of his Wii.

Ill qoute myself from the light saber thread

Wii sucks!

Iv recently been contemplating on chipping my Wii, since there are no Wii games i want to pay to play, Nintendo already got my cash when i bought the crappy little thing! But then after careful thought, i couldnt even justify paying to get it chipped.

What a dusty little box!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 21:36
The Famitsu Review was very good and know Just read the Edge Review 9/10 , this game sounds absoltuley Awesome. Exactly how i wanted it to be.. Well Done Suda.

Im glad i actually support the great 3rd party games by actually buying them and not standing on the sideline being a sad ***er trying to put them down because i hate Nintendo and their success.. (VX)

Actually if anyone should be laffin, its me.. I brought 2 and half grand worth of shares in Nintendo just before to DS was released..

Edit:

Not that i wasnt happy otherwise,,

Mario Galaxy = Fucking Priceless.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 17 Jan 08 13:43:11 >
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 22:34

Im glad i actually support the great 3rd party games by actually buying them and not standing on the sideline being a sad ***er trying to put them down because i hate Nintendo and their success.. (VX)

The point of the thread is that nintendo isnt that successful in all areas, and why do you buy crappy games?

SMG is a mediocre platformer!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 22:35
Atleast they made more money than they did with Gamecube . Didnt they ? This was bound to happen . Gimmicks last for only so long . But i wouldnt count out the Wii yet . Smash bros got a perfect score from famitsu . That will surely move some units .
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 22:40

Smash bros

is a hardcore game, these guys already have the wii.

It will sell alot of games probably!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 22:53

The point of the thread is that nintendo isnt that successful in all areas

And what company is successfull in all areas? WTF r u talking about? Go and play your predicted GOTY 2007 ' Assassin creed' ROFL. expecting me to argue agasint u about SMG.. you dont know a thing about what makes a quality title lol
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 17 Jan 08 14:56:20 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 17, 2008 22:56
SMG is a good game ,played it at a friends place . I don' t know , this might be because i am not a big Mario fan , but i didn' t find anything spectacular in it ..
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 60

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message