Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And so it begins...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 60 of 60
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 01:35

Then there' s stuff like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed etc. Do the other consoles have many more games that are really impressive storywise right now?

Probably not really impressive, except for a select few, but overall ther eare more story driven games on the other two than on the Wii
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 02:19
SMG is to Nintendo the same as Halo has become to MS.

With Halo, it doesn' t even matter anymore how good or how bad the story will be in the game, or how good or bad the gameplay will be(strictly speaking single player here, as there is not much bad to say about multiplayer yet) it will still score high reviews and millions upon millions of people will buy it strictly on the hype of the name.

The same has happened to Mario. While SMG is an enjoyable game (my wife really loves it!!), there is nothing in the gameplay that makes you step back and go whoa!!!! This is possibly the best Mario game or the best platformer that I have ever played. IMHO, SMG would have been better off not utilizing the Wiimote at all and just letting you use the SNES style controller.

I guess we just have to accept the fact that this time around Nintendo have gone in a different direction away from the hardcore gaming market. They have seen the mainstream popularity of the DS, and so have changed the way they approach consoles and you have to applaud them for that even if as a hardcore gamer you know full well that they are ripping consumers off with the pricetag of the Wii. At the end of this console life cycle, the mainstream media and non-traditional gamers will praise the Wii for its " Innovation" , while the gaming media and the hardcore gamer will be pissed off at that fact that Nintendo in some ways abandoned them this time around.
< Message edited by canadagamer -- 17 Jan 08 18:20:38 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 03:49
I' ve been playing through it a little bit more and it doesn' t seem like such a rehash once you get through part of the game, but I still don' t see where it should deserve GOTY by so many sites.
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 03:53

but I still don' t see where it should deserve GOTY by so many sites.

Its because its named Mario
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:17

Its because its named Mario

If thats the case then Nintendo were robbed the past few years, all the Mario Parties didn' t win.......................
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:26

If thats the case then Nintendo were robbed the past few years, all the Mario Parties didn' t win.......................

those are different, bbut they stilll rake in lots of cash
Duffman

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:30

those are different, bbut they stilll rake in lots of cash

Yeah they are different, but come on saying it got game of the year just because its Mario.........

The thing is if the game doesnt have intresting puzzles an intresting story, fleshed out characters, expansive world why would i want to play it?

You are a hard man to please dude! LOL
< Message edited by Duffman -- 17 Jan 08 21:34:23 >
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:39

Yeah they are different, but come on saying it got game of the year just because its Mario.........

Im pretty sure it wouldnt have been GoY if it had been called " düsselman and the 10 big pigs"

You are a hard man to please dude! LOL

No no. I just need more than great gameplay, great gameplay is the method of delivering a story of some sort!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 17 Jan 08 21:41:01 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:44
Jesus christ VX give up on the Hate.

Funny thing is, Nintendo have seamlessly molded such complex control design, gravity system and auto camera, to work with the compatible level designs in such a seamless, intuitive, manner, people like yourself don' t even notice them to appreciate them in the first place..

Then talking about the game could be better on other consoles. have you played the game? You would know that it works the wiimote and Nunchuck together perfectly, in a manner that is IMPOSSIBLE recreate on a standard controller, yes you can do the basics but the depths of the game includes alot of multitasking that takes up half the games new fresh designs and gameplay. IF translated on any other console, it just wont be the same game.. SMG was made around the Wiimote and it shows. Intuitive.

Edit,

Can i add, this dosent mean i wouldnt love Nintendo to Produce their Hardcore games on more powerful consoles, i would give my left arm to see an Nintendo produced Wave race 2, F-zero or Mario Kart for 360/PS3, that would be dreamy for me .
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 17 Jan 08 21:52:11 >
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 05:50

You would know that it works the wiimote and Nunchuck together perfectly, in a manner that is IMPOSSIBLE recreate on a standard controller, yes you can do the basics but the depths of the game includes alot of multitasking that takes up half the games new fresh designs and gameplay. IF translated on any other console, it just wont be the same game.. SMG was made around the Wiimote and it shows. Intuitive.

Gimmicky controls! I dont see how the Wii mote controls are essential to the gameplay, to collect stars and shoot them? wow!

Give up on the love dude, your way more blinded than me. If something truly amazed me on the Wii, id go ahead and say so, but its hasnt happened yet.

I was looking forward to the wii, to SMG. But i wont lie when im let down. I dont hate the Wii, its just a major dissapointment, Im glad it gets you, your friends, and all your ladies' s rocks off. It takes a bit more, or should i say something else to get mine off.

Its all about opinion, you preach yours, i enligthen people with mine!

Duffman

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 06:24
You don' t seem like a big fan of platfomers Vx?

I agree that Galaxy would work with a standard controller. Not EVERY Wii game needs to use the full capabilities of the Wii remote and nunchuck, Galaxy doesn' t. The controls are perfect but as I said could be done on standard controller. Anyway this is not the point, the fact of the matter is Galaxy is a great game with fantastic level design and fun gameplay. Thats what I enjoyed most about it (the music was also great). It is a superbly well designed game.

I was looking forward to the wii, to SMG. But i wont lie when im let down. I dont hate the Wii, its just a major dissapointment

I' m not a Wii fanboy its just that I loved Galaxy. I agree that the Wii is a disappointment, but Galaxy is definitely not.

I think we should just agree to disagree dude.
Vx Chemical

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 06:51

I think we should just agree to disagree dude

What? You suck! If i cant convince you ill convince you with the SWORD!

ohhh no okay, i can agree to that!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 07:57
VX, your ' Story-Driven' game love has put a tune in my head. So i write it for ya,

Here you go:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/66185717383940/
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 08:17

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

The Famitsu Review was very good and know Just read the Edge Review 9/10 , this game sounds absoltuley Awesome. Exactly how i wanted it to be.. Well Done Suda.

Im glad i actually support the great 3rd party games by actually buying them and not standing on the sideline being a sad ***er trying to put them down because i hate Nintendo and their success.. (VX)

Actually if anyone should be laffin, its me.. I brought 2 and half grand worth of shares in Nintendo just before to DS was released..

And you think 2.5G is alot?

Get a job.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 18, 2008 08:26

SMG is a good game ,played it at a friends place . I don' t know , this might be because i am not a big Mario fan , but i didn' t find anything spectacular in it ..

Same here.I played on his save so i got to try different places/moves in the game.It was kinda fun but nothing earth shattering that made me go " OMG THIS ROCKS" .I didnt play mario 64 but i did play the original NES mario bros and some sequels on SNES.
mastachefbkw

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 19, 2008 09:35

You would know that it works the wiimote and Nunchuck together perfectly, in a manner that is IMPOSSIBLE recreate on a standard controller, yes you can do the basics but the depths of the game includes alot of multitasking that takes up half the games new fresh designs and gameplay. IF translated on any other console, it just wont be the same game.. SMG was made around the Wiimote and it shows. Intuitive.

Really? Last I checked all you need is a jump button, a spin button, camera button(s), and an extra joystick to throw gay star bits.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 19, 2008 09:57

. IF translated on any other console, it just wont be the same game.. SMG was made around the Wiimote and it shows. Intuitive.

I thought the controls were quite simple really, especially compared to the relatively complex FLUDD scheme in Sunshine.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: And so it begins... - Jan 20, 2008 00:51
I' ve said it before and I' ll say it again; third-party developers just don' t seem to take the Wii seriously. All we ever see on the Wii are spin-offs of popular franchises and forced use of the Wiimote.

Not even the DS gets as much ' innovative' abbuse as the Wii. There are plenty of DS games that can be enjoyed without even touching the bottom screen; such as Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros and Sonic Rush. But then there are also loads of games that use the features of the DS very effectively.
Duffman

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 20, 2008 03:56

to throw gay star bits.

Surely you wouldn' t play a game that has ' gay' star bits!!!

mastachefbkw

RE: And so it begins... - Jan 20, 2008 06:57

Surely you wouldn' t play a game that has ' gay' star bits!!!
Or would I
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 60 of 60

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread