Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution??
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 01, 2005 14:37
Both Microsoft and Nintendo are going to have to fight an uphill battle against Sony (who I excluded from this thread; enough recognition already..), so I want to see which one of these underdogs are you rooting for. I' m rooting for both, but I' m getting the Revolution first (bring on SSB online, baby!!), then I' ll save up for the Xbox 360.

So? Are you getting a 360 when it launches this Christmas, or are you waiting for Nintendo' s virtual console? Do tell, do tell!!
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 1 Aug 05 22:38:43 >
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 01, 2005 15:42
I am also getting both (dislike sony) but if the Revolution came out first id get it first.
Nintendo and Microsoft, yeh there both good but I like Nintendo more.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 01, 2005 16:39
I will most likely get all 3. I won' t be buying the PS3 right away at launch, though. I' ll let them work the bugs out of the hardware so that the unit I buy has only a 75% chance of failure.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 01, 2005 17:35
Aren' t there 101 threads like this already?
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 01, 2005 17:40
Yes, but this is the most recent.

And it' s made by me, now that makes a difference
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 03:48
I' m getting an Xbox360, but I' m not too sure about the revolution. I' m rather worried about the controller being too daft for my liking, but I do have faith in Nintendo after their involvement in the creation of so many features in controllers over the years.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 09:29
I hope to be able to buy 2 systems eventually from the upcoming launch, but I' ll have to wait and see. I will get a revolution for sure, and although I' d really like a PS3 way too much money so the 360 is looking like it. I' m going to try and win one first with that rediculous mountain dew 10 000 360 give away though. As it stands though, I won' t be getting any new system till next summer for sure.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 09:43
I' ll buy XBox 360 & Revolution. PS3 is gonna lick b*llz.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 11:30
Yeah I trust Nintendo and their controllers, so no worry here. What I do worry about, though, is Nintendo claiming that they know consumers. And it wasn' t even April 1st that day. Mmm, interesting....
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 12:26
i will wait for the revolution
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 13:27
Well I already pre-ordered the 360 so thats a given. My older bro is putting down for a Revolution and since we bunking up in the same apt, thats pretty much covered. And if the PS3 truly is a machines sent from the Gods...then maybe I can convince Chickapoo who' ll be moving in to go 50/50 on that. But, if PS3 isnt that much better then 360 then I' ll pass on it.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 02, 2005 21:32
The PS3 isn' t better than the 360! No way, ever!!

I want everybody to keep this in mind: Jason Zeidan does NOT like the Playstation 3. Jason Zeidan wants Microsoft' s system to outsell Sony' s system. And Jason wants Nintendo to become market leader, but that would be asking too much.
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 15:22
360 or revolution? well take a look at their current gen consoles first...Nintendo promised online play and we never really got it...unless u like phantasy star...Xbox' s online roster has much more of a selection...Nintendos Gamecube definintly looks better physically than the friggn boxy-x-box...I would have 2 say the xbox wins vs. gamecube this time around...as for the next gen. systemz,The revolutions backwards compatability is sick - its gonna B sweet to be able 2 play all the old nintendo games(very nice).Xbox 360 has backwards compatability,but,really,who cares??I mean, who wants to play games they' ve played last year ya know? But I think right now itz just 2 early 2 tell which system will come out on top.But as long as Nintendo has Shigeru Miyamoto on their side they have nothing to worry about. Personally tho, After seeing the PS3 E3 video demo, I think the PS3 is going to take the cake. But hey, we shall see.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 16:13

ORIGINAL: L.Kennedy

Personally tho, After seeing the PS3 E3 video demo, I think the PS3 is going to take the cake. But hey, we shall see.

What the prerendered CG crap? Yeah, they' ll take the gaming world by storm with the CG videos that are shown between real gameplay.
daytonadav

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 18:35
I will take the Xbox 360 definetely because the revolution is just supposed to be only old nintendo games.
That sucks.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 21:27
Not only old N games, but it' ll play gamecube (shudder..) and of course Revolution games. You can watch movies on it, and... um... it' s... it' s a damn sexy machine..
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 22:05
Yes it' s not only for old games it' s a whole new system just backwards capable and downloadable for the older games.

PS. Nintendo is the best then Xbox and I dislike sony also.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 03, 2005 23:12
I think backward compatibility is overrated. When you went from NES to Super Nintendo to N64 to Gamecube, there was no backward compatibility. I think it was a very shrewd move on Sony' s part to make it happen, but I don' t think it' s necessary. I mean, if you have Xbox games, then you probably have an Xbox (with the only exception being MikeK! )

I know a lot of people here play older games on their old systems, but that' s just my point. Casual gamers don' t care about old games, and " hardcore" gamers usually keep their old systems.

Does anyone here actually play PS games on their PS2s? I NEVER have. Once I go next gen, I won' t be going back. Since Halo 2 has come out, I haven' t put in Halo! Not once!

As far as the ability to play ALL of Nintendo' s old games, I can already do that with emulators on the PC or on the PSP for god' s sake.

Sorry, I' m ranting. I just don' t see it.
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 01:13

What the prerendered CG crap? Yeah, they' ll take the gaming world by storm with the CG videos that are shown between real gameplay.

pre-rendered or not, those vids were amazing...But it wasn' t just those demos that got me all warm n fuzzy on the ol' inside...Listen to the speaker at the conference - " its going to be twice as fast as the 360" And by any chance did you see the fight night round 3 demo...goodness gracious....and that WAS 4 sure Real time. as were the insane Unreal demo(s) for the console,but not just all that goodness(thats right I can go on and on)Im exicted to see this new " Blue ray" technology they have. I can' t wait.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 04:36

pre-rendered or not, those vids were amazing...But it wasn' t just those demos that got me all warm n fuzzy on the ol' inside...Listen to the speaker at the conference - " its going to be twice as fast as the 360" And by any chance did you see the fight night round 3 demo...goodness gracious....and that WAS 4 sure Real time. as were the insane Unreal demo(s) for the console,but not just all that goodness(thats right I can go on and on)Im exicted to see this new " Blue ray" technology they have. I can' t wait.

Do some research.

- The PS3 won' t even be close to being twice as fast as the 360
- Every tech website out there basically agree the power of the PS3 and 360 are about equal
- Blu Ray is a new storage medium. However, it does nothing to enhance games.
- Company propaganda is the dumbest place to get your " info" .
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message