Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who' s got the new PSP?
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 81
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 08:45
The new PSP is so light and sexy, feels like a feather in your hands, I got the Daxter bundle silver PSP, best designed handheld ever.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 08:48
lol.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 09:14
I thought you despised handhelds?
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 09:41
That is because up to the slim PSP handhelds have sucked ass.

Old PSP = too big and heavy, load times suck ass.
Nintendo DS = Snes/N64 graphics suck ass, too out dated, small screen.
Slim PSP = Big screen, good graphics (for a handheld), light, smaller body, minimal load times.

The new PSP is the perfect handheld.

And daxter is the best platformer I have played since Mario 64 & Banjo, I would' ve never thought of buying it (didn' t like jak & daxter on ps2 much) but since I bought the silver bundle it came with it, glad I did.

< Message edited by emofag -- 11 Sep 07 1:45:02 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 10:44
Is this the PSP with the new TV output option?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 12:22
I' m waiting for the Piano Black. I bought Monster Hunter 2 and I' m waiting for FF Tactics.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 14:56

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Is this the PSP with the new TV output option?

Yeah.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 15:02

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I' m waiting for the Piano Black. I bought Monster Hunter 2 and I' m waiting for FF Tactics.

Hell yeah I can' t wait for that, with a proper translation no less, I' ll finally be able to understand what the fuck is going on, SCEA' s translation of the PS1 version was shit.

And I usually like black but I don' t like the shinyness of the black psp, it' s like an ipod, gets full of fingerprints and scratched too easily, the silver one has a more rugged texture.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 18:16
Funny cos the most important change i would' ve have mentioned first (although ill still never buy one of these things as i have a proper handheld that plays proper handheld games).. it has a better D-pad . But a negative is its battery life, which is much shorter, as PSP-slim has a much smaller battery.. (anyone with sense would' ve thought it would of been improved not shortened)

I suppose these two issues are not at the top of the Sony Crowd' s Priority list.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 18:32
I' ve been using the PSP for quite a while now. Battery time has never bothered me. The d-pad works just as fine as any other d-pad now. Much better than the 360 d-pad even.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 18:51
the 360 d-pad is the worst cheap motherfucking d-pad i have ever seen for a major console.... congratulation MS.

as for psp d-pad i think it' s all right and the battery never bothered me as well.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 19:12
The PSP D-pad sucks ass for fighting games (and they' re the only ones that matter right?) but is perfectly serviceable for most other games.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 19:58

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Funny cos the most important change i would' ve have mentioned first (although ill still never buy one of these things as i have a proper handheld that plays proper handheld games).. it has a better D-pad . But a negative is its battery life, which is much shorter, as PSP-slim has a much smaller battery.. (anyone with sense would' ve thought it would of been improved not shortened)

I suppose these two issues are not at the top of the Sony Crowd' s Priority list.

The D-pad is fine, and the battery life is the same, it has a smaller battery because the systems consumes less energy, hours of playtime are still the same. As far as what handheld you like, who cares, you' re a moron with no taste, let' s be relevant here.
ginjirou

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 20:03

ORIGINAL: Nitro

The PSP D-pad sucks ass for fighting games (and they' re the only ones that matter right?) but is perfectly serviceable for most other games.

After playing Tekken and Street Fighter with it a lot I can safely say that it works.
It' s not the best d-pad ever, but it works.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 20:15

The D-pad is fine, and the battery life is the same, it has a smaller battery because the systems consumes less energy, hours of playtime are still the same. As far as what handheld you like, who cares, you' re a moron with no taste, let' s be relevant here.

Thats more like it, Let the Evilman come out..

And lets be relevant here:

Few months ago:

Handhelds are for retards

Now:

The new PSP is so light and sexy, feels like...

Lol, your a fool.
ginjirou

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 21:03
A few months ago there was no PSP Slim. As such, only us fools played handhelds until now.
because now when the glorious new Sony handheld is here, handhelds are for everyone
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 11, 2007 21:13
I' m glad I waited for the psp lite, now I can cherry pick the best games for the system at cheap prices.

Can you get homebrew on the psp lite without messing with firmware? , [snes emulators mostly]
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 12, 2007 00:44

I' d say it sucks ass for 2D fighting games AND shoot ' em ups ... Thankfully, some developers have the good sense to let us use the analog nub for maneuvering in shooters. Personally, Sony' s d-pad design I' ve always found to work well with slower-paced, non-reflex intensive games, which automatically eliminates 2D fighters and shooters.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 11 Sep 07 16:45:07 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 12, 2007 01:37

Like Evil Man said the battery life is the same but if you use the old battery it will increase to 10-12 hours.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 12, 2007 06:30
The D-Pad is also improved on the new PSP.

I do find it funny though that you guys should mention the D-pad and fighting games.

The DS doesn' t even *have* a good fighting game. If you' re suggesting the D-pad in the DS is better for fighting games you do realize the DS has *NO* good fighting games, as in Zero, NONE, etc.

With there not being a good fighting game on DS, you don' t know if the dpad is better, you' ve never played a fighting game on DS to know if it' s better or not, assholes.
< Message edited by emofag -- 11 Sep 07 22:31:35 >
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread