Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who' s got the new PSP?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 81
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 02:10
Ds has no games lol
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 02:38
I look out for mostly japanese imports. Here' s my list below Some are average but most are cracking games IMO which offer variety all over.. There about 20 DS titles on the horizon which im looking forward.

42 All-Time Classics
Advance Wars 3 Battle for Omega Land
Age of Empires II The Age of Kings
Animal Crossing
Another Code
Armored Core series
Baten Kaitos DS
Blades of Thunder 2
Bleach
Boktai
Bomberman DS
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
BoukenOu Beet
Bubble Bobble Revolution
Bust-a-Move series
Caduceus Surgical Operation
Castlevania
Children of Mana
Choro Q DS
Dobutsu Shima no Chibi Gurumi 3
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Booster
Dragon Quest Monsters series
Dragon Quest Slime Morimori series
Dust & Shadows
Egg Monster Hero
Elite Beat Agents
Europa Universalis II
Eye Shield 21
Far East of Eden series
Final Fantasy III
Guruguru Nagetto
Gyakuten Saiban
Harvest Moon Korobokkle Station
Hotel Dusk
Intelligent License
Jam with the Band
Jissen Pachislot Hisshopou Fist of the North Star DS
Jump Super Stars
Kaido Racing Battle
Katamari Damacy
Kawaii Koinu DS
Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta
Lost in Blue
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Magical Vacation II
Mahou Touch
Mario Kart DS
Meikyuu
Megaman Battle Network series
Meteos
Metroid Pinball
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Monster Summoner
Monster Rancher Jamboree
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
New Super Mario Bros
Nanostray (Majesco)
Naruto: Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 3
Pac ' n' Roll
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Powerful Pro Baseball series
Project Rub
Puyo Pop Fever
Rakugaki Kingdom series
Rekishi Simulation
SD Gundam G Generation DS
Secret of Mana
Sentouin Yamada Hajime 2
Sonic Rush
Shin Megami Tensei DS
Shogun Warriors
Spectral Force
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Robot Taisen DS
Tantei Adventure
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords DS
The Sims 2
Touch Kirby
Urusei Yatsura
Yakuman DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubador
Vandal Hearts
Viewtiful Joe DS
Wario Ware Touched
World Soccer Winning Eleven series
Worms Forts Under Seige
Xenosaga DS
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 05:14
You speak Japanese?
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 05:29
i´ve been playing Jeanne d' Arc and i absolutely love it, you guys should give it a try.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 06:50

And your " friend" doesn' t exist because the star wars bundle isn' t even out yet for him to have to choose from

He wasn' t standing in the store aisle thinking " Hmmmm... Shitty star Wars bundle or shitty Dak and Jaxter bundle??? Hmmmmm...." He was thinking that a week or so before the Rak and Claxter bundle finally came out. My friend can beat up your friend!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 07:56

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

And your " friend" doesn' t exist because the star wars bundle isn' t even out yet for him to have to choose from

He wasn' t standing in the store aisle thinking " Hmmmm... Shitty star Wars bundle or shitty Dak and Jaxter bundle??? Hmmmmm...." He was thinking that a week or so before the Rak and Claxter bundle finally came out. My friend can beat up your friend!

Imaginary friends don' t count Joe. Get a life.

Next.
Joe Redifer

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 08:59
OK I' ll try.
Joe Redifer

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 15:11
OK I played the new PSP Slim and I like it a lot better than the old PSP Fat. The disc insertion method is extremely weak and the system is trying to be more of a media device than a game machine, but overall it' s... decent. Ghosts n' Goblins looked like ass since the graphics are polygons. But the upcoming Dracula X remake looks even worse. Polygons in 2D games? No thank you. Can' t anyone actually draw anymore? The Salamander game was pretty cool, but the default screen mode was set to " stretched like a bitch" . I had to undo it for my fake imaginary friend. The ANALog nub is still kind of lame. It really has no reason to exist. There are buttons all over this thing which don' t need to be there which gives it less of a game machine feel and more of a " electronic fad device of the week" feel.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 16:12

In my opinion, the best games on DS are:

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Super Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware Touched!
Yoshi Touch & Go
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

Hated Resi Evil DS. Gawd, the most horrifying part of the game was the controls >__<

But...no Elite Beat Agents/Osu Tatake Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk Room 215?!

Though I admit, the DS' library has been lagging. The only things I' m playing regularly on it now are Rune Factory, Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007, Picross DS, Tetris DS, and...Freshly Picked, Tingle' s Rupeeland -.-;;

I' ll have to go back and finish Lunar Knights (which everyone says is like Metal Gear but I' m not seeing it).

The forecast of DS games looks good, but damn if it isn' t taking a long time:

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Dementium; the Ward

Shin Megami Tensei DS ... Xenosaga DS

I wasn' t aware of those games, definitely looking forward to them.

Btw, Virtuafighter, your list is confusing. Most of the games you listed aren' t imports and have been out in Europe and US for over 2 years I mean, at least separate the imports/upcoming games...
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 17:10

OK I played the new PSP Slim and I like it a lot better than the old PSP Fat. The disc insertion method is extremely weak and the system is trying to be more of a media device than a game machine, but overall it' s... decent. Ghosts n' Goblins looked like ass since the graphics are polygons. But the upcoming Dracula X remake looks even worse. Polygons in 2D games? No thank you. Can' t anyone actually draw anymore? The Salamander game was pretty cool, but the default screen mode was set to " stretched like a bitch" . I had to undo it for my fake imaginary friend. The ANALog nub is still kind of lame. It really has no reason to exist. There are buttons all over this thing which don' t need to be there which gives it less of a game machine feel and more of a " electronic fad device of the week" feel.

Stop making shit up.

There is no stretching in games, there' s 6 large gaming buttons, the rest are tiny and neatly tucked away at the bottom, they don' t get in the way of anything so stfu about it. And the disc insertion system is weak? Are you have difficulty grabbing a disc, putting it in the tray, and closing it, is it too much for you to handle? lol

And Dracula X looks fine, it isn' t a 2D game it' s a sidescroller, moron, " 2D" does not define the genre.
< Message edited by emofag -- 16 Sep 07 9:19:25 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 17:25
LOL! You' ve never played Salamander Portable. It' s stretched unless you tell it not to be. The original games were 4:3. Are u sum kind of n00b not having played salamander? r u even alive?

Yeah, the disc insertion is weak. You just lay the disc on the tray, there aren' t even any guides to keep it in place since it was designed in Chernobyl by illegal Mexicans. Then you slam the tray shut. It' s not awesome like MiniDiscs which totally pwn j00. Then it just sits there like a paralyzed dog that needs to be shot. You have to go and tell it to boot up the game because the PSP is too stupid since it was programmed in Ethiopia by Vietnamese children.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 20:28
If you go to the options you can change " UMD Auto-Start" to ON. I think that' ll make the UMD start without having to tell the PSP to do so.

The stretching is a good thing since you have the option of playing games in stretched widescreen or original 4:3 ratio.

You better end your friendship with your imaginary friend because he' s making you look stupid.

Next.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Sep 07 12:36:26 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 22:22

Yeah, the disc insertion is weak. You just lay the disc on the tray, there aren' t even any guides to keep it in place since it was designed in Chernobyl by illegal Mexicans. Then you slam the tray shut. It' s not awesome like MiniDiscs which totally pwn j00. Then it just sits there like a paralyzed dog that needs to be shot. You have to go and tell it to boot up the game because the PSP is too stupid since it was programmed in Ethiopia by Vietnamese children.

Hehehehe.

On the subject of handhelds, this one more so directed at VF5. Has anybody played the (relatively) new JP only Goemon game? I' m passable in conversational Japanese, but I can' t read or write, so I' m wondering if you need massive amounts of Japanese to play and enjoy the game.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 01:22

It seems like Sony has gone for the whole modern multicultural approach then.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 12:20

LOL! You' ve never played Salamander Portable. It' s stretched unless you tell it not to be. The original games were 4:3. Are u sum kind of n00b not having played salamander? r u even alive?

Then it sounds like a pretty ***ing gay game to me if it' s stretched, why do you even play it? EH?

You don' t have to tell it to boot on the game, just turn the auto umd thing on and it loads it as soon as you put the disc in, I personally keep it off because I don' t like stuff doing shit for me automatically, I like control.

There' s no guides for sitting the umd in because it' s pretty ***ing simple, you put the damn UMD in, and you close it, it' s not rocket science. Why the *** do you need a GUIDE for that wtf ?
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Sep 07 4:22:26 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 13:40

There' s no guides for sitting the umd in because it' s pretty ***ing simple, you put the damn UMD in, and you close it, it' s not rocket science. Why the *** do you need a GUIDE for that wtf ?

Well it' s all fine and dandy if you' re simply sitting still because your life has no action, but what if I want to play PSP while riding in my friend' s Ford Mustang with poor suspension? Damn disc would fall out before the tray could be closed and then I' d have to talk to my friend instead of playing Salamander. That would suck! Or what if I was on an airplane which hit some turbulence right as I sat the disc on the tray? It' d go flying to the aisle and slide to the back of the plane, and then I' d be arrested because the UMD format is so unknown that they would think it was a bomb or some terrorist device to be used for some nefarious purpose. Sony is always tryin' to keep a brutha down with their cheap-ass designs.
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 07:34

Well it' s all fine and dandy if you' re simply sitting still because your life has no action, but what if I want to play PSP while riding in my friend' s Ford Mustang with poor suspension? Damn disc would fall out before the tray could be closed and then I' d have to talk to my friend instead of playing Salamander. That would suck! Or what if I was on an airplane which hit some turbulence right as I sat the disc on the tray? It' d go flying to the aisle and slide to the back of the plane, and then I' d be arrested because the UMD format is so unknown that they would think it was a bomb or some terrorist device to be used for some nefarious purpose. Sony is always tryin' to keep a brutha down with their cheap-ass designs.

Well it just shows you' re not man enough, I could be consumed in a class 5 hurricane with my PSP and still wouldn' t drop the UMD, I' m not weak & frail like you.

And tell your friend to get a better car.
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Sep 07 23:36:09 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 07:42
I has a heartbeat!
Joe Redifer

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 08:02
The PSP may be able to handle a class 5 hurricane, but what about a 12.4 earthquake? I' d have to wait until the stupid earthquake is over before I got my Salamander action on since the tray has no guide rails to keep my disc in place. Piece of crap.

And tell your friend to get a better car.

He loves that thing. Then again he also loves Warcraft. Maybe he just loves shit?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 18 Sep 07 0:03:38 >
emofag

RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 07:09

He loves that thing. Then again he also loves Warcraft. Maybe he just loves shit?

That explains why he loves you.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread