Who' s got the new PSP?

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 81
Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 02:10
Ds has no games lol
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 02:38
I look out for mostly japanese imports. Here' s my list below Some are average but most are cracking games IMO which offer variety all over.. There about 20 DS titles on the horizon which im looking forward.

42 All-Time Classics
Advance Wars 3 Battle for Omega Land
Age of Empires II The Age of Kings
Animal Crossing
Another Code
Armored Core series
Baten Kaitos DS
Blades of Thunder 2
Bleach
Boktai
Bomberman DS
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
BoukenOu Beet
Bubble Bobble Revolution
Bust-a-Move series
Caduceus Surgical Operation
Castlevania
Children of Mana
Choro Q DS
Dobutsu Shima no Chibi Gurumi 3
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Booster
Dragon Quest Monsters series
Dragon Quest Slime Morimori series
Dust & Shadows
Egg Monster Hero
Elite Beat Agents
Europa Universalis II
Eye Shield 21
Far East of Eden series
Final Fantasy III
Guruguru Nagetto
Gyakuten Saiban
Harvest Moon Korobokkle Station
Hotel Dusk
Intelligent License
Jam with the Band
Jissen Pachislot Hisshopou Fist of the North Star DS
Jump Super Stars
Kaido Racing Battle
Katamari Damacy
Kawaii Koinu DS
Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta
Lost in Blue
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Magical Vacation II
Mahou Touch
Mario Kart DS
Meikyuu
Megaman Battle Network series
Meteos
Metroid Pinball
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Monster Summoner
Monster Rancher Jamboree
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
New Super Mario Bros
Nanostray (Majesco)
Naruto: Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 3
Pac ' n' Roll
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Powerful Pro Baseball series
Project Rub
Puyo Pop Fever
Rakugaki Kingdom series
Rekishi Simulation
SD Gundam G Generation DS
Secret of Mana
Sentouin Yamada Hajime 2
Sonic Rush
Shin Megami Tensei DS
Shogun Warriors
Spectral Force
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Robot Taisen DS
Tantei Adventure
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords DS
The Sims 2
Touch Kirby
Urusei Yatsura
Yakuman DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubador
Vandal Hearts
Viewtiful Joe DS
Wario Ware Touched
World Soccer Winning Eleven series
Worms Forts Under Seige
Xenosaga DS
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 05:14
You speak Japanese?

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 05:29
i´ve been playing Jeanne d' Arc and i absolutely love it, you guys should give it a try.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 06:50

And your " friend" doesn' t exist because the star wars bundle isn' t even out yet for him to have to choose from

He wasn' t standing in the store aisle thinking " Hmmmm... Shitty star Wars bundle or shitty Dak and Jaxter bundle??? Hmmmmm...." He was thinking that a week or so before the Rak and Claxter bundle finally came out. My friend can beat up your friend!

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 07:56

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

And your " friend" doesn' t exist because the star wars bundle isn' t even out yet for him to have to choose from

He wasn' t standing in the store aisle thinking " Hmmmm... Shitty star Wars bundle or shitty Dak and Jaxter bundle??? Hmmmmm...." He was thinking that a week or so before the Rak and Claxter bundle finally came out. My friend can beat up your friend!

Imaginary friends don' t count Joe. Get a life.

Next.

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 08:59
OK I' ll try.

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 15:11
OK I played the new PSP Slim and I like it a lot better than the old PSP Fat. The disc insertion method is extremely weak and the system is trying to be more of a media device than a game machine, but overall it' s... decent. Ghosts n' Goblins looked like ass since the graphics are polygons. But the upcoming Dracula X remake looks even worse. Polygons in 2D games? No thank you. Can' t anyone actually draw anymore? The Salamander game was pretty cool, but the default screen mode was set to " stretched like a bitch" . I had to undo it for my fake imaginary friend. The ANALog nub is still kind of lame. It really has no reason to exist. There are buttons all over this thing which don' t need to be there which gives it less of a game machine feel and more of a " electronic fad device of the week" feel.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 16:12

In my opinion, the best games on DS are:

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Sonic Rush
Super Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware Touched!
Yoshi Touch & Go
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

Hated Resi Evil DS. Gawd, the most horrifying part of the game was the controls >__<

But...no Elite Beat Agents/Osu Tatake Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk Room 215?!

Though I admit, the DS' library has been lagging. The only things I' m playing regularly on it now are Rune Factory, Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007, Picross DS, Tetris DS, and...Freshly Picked, Tingle' s Rupeeland -.-;;

I' ll have to go back and finish Lunar Knights (which everyone says is like Metal Gear but I' m not seeing it).

The forecast of DS games looks good, but damn if it isn' t taking a long time:

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Dementium; the Ward

Shin Megami Tensei DS ... Xenosaga DS

I wasn' t aware of those games, definitely looking forward to them.

Btw, Virtuafighter, your list is confusing. Most of the games you listed aren' t imports and have been out in Europe and US for over 2 years I mean, at least separate the imports/upcoming games...

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 17:10

OK I played the new PSP Slim and I like it a lot better than the old PSP Fat. The disc insertion method is extremely weak and the system is trying to be more of a media device than a game machine, but overall it' s... decent. Ghosts n' Goblins looked like ass since the graphics are polygons. But the upcoming Dracula X remake looks even worse. Polygons in 2D games? No thank you. Can' t anyone actually draw anymore? The Salamander game was pretty cool, but the default screen mode was set to " stretched like a bitch" . I had to undo it for my fake imaginary friend. The ANALog nub is still kind of lame. It really has no reason to exist. There are buttons all over this thing which don' t need to be there which gives it less of a game machine feel and more of a " electronic fad device of the week" feel.

Stop making shit up.

There is no stretching in games, there' s 6 large gaming buttons, the rest are tiny and neatly tucked away at the bottom, they don' t get in the way of anything so stfu about it. And the disc insertion system is weak? Are you have difficulty grabbing a disc, putting it in the tray, and closing it, is it too much for you to handle? lol

And Dracula X looks fine, it isn' t a 2D game it' s a sidescroller, moron, " 2D" does not define the genre.
< Message edited by emofag -- 16 Sep 07 9:19:25 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 17:25
LOL! You' ve never played Salamander Portable. It' s stretched unless you tell it not to be. The original games were 4:3. Are u sum kind of n00b not having played salamander? r u even alive?

Yeah, the disc insertion is weak. You just lay the disc on the tray, there aren' t even any guides to keep it in place since it was designed in Chernobyl by illegal Mexicans. Then you slam the tray shut. It' s not awesome like MiniDiscs which totally pwn j00. Then it just sits there like a paralyzed dog that needs to be shot. You have to go and tell it to boot up the game because the PSP is too stupid since it was programmed in Ethiopia by Vietnamese children.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 20:28
If you go to the options you can change " UMD Auto-Start" to ON. I think that' ll make the UMD start without having to tell the PSP to do so.

The stretching is a good thing since you have the option of playing games in stretched widescreen or original 4:3 ratio.

You better end your friendship with your imaginary friend because he' s making you look stupid.

Next.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Sep 07 12:36:26 >
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 16, 2007 22:22

Yeah, the disc insertion is weak. You just lay the disc on the tray, there aren' t even any guides to keep it in place since it was designed in Chernobyl by illegal Mexicans. Then you slam the tray shut. It' s not awesome like MiniDiscs which totally pwn j00. Then it just sits there like a paralyzed dog that needs to be shot. You have to go and tell it to boot up the game because the PSP is too stupid since it was programmed in Ethiopia by Vietnamese children.

Hehehehe.

On the subject of handhelds, this one more so directed at VF5. Has anybody played the (relatively) new JP only Goemon game? I' m passable in conversational Japanese, but I can' t read or write, so I' m wondering if you need massive amounts of Japanese to play and enjoy the game.

ys
  • Total Posts : 532
  • Reward points : 7470
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 01:22

It seems like Sony has gone for the whole modern multicultural approach then.

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 12:20

LOL! You' ve never played Salamander Portable. It' s stretched unless you tell it not to be. The original games were 4:3. Are u sum kind of n00b not having played salamander? r u even alive?

Then it sounds like a pretty ***ing gay game to me if it' s stretched, why do you even play it? EH?

You don' t have to tell it to boot on the game, just turn the auto umd thing on and it loads it as soon as you put the disc in, I personally keep it off because I don' t like stuff doing shit for me automatically, I like control.

There' s no guides for sitting the umd in because it' s pretty ***ing simple, you put the damn UMD in, and you close it, it' s not rocket science. Why the *** do you need a GUIDE for that wtf ?
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Sep 07 4:22:26 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 17, 2007 13:40

There' s no guides for sitting the umd in because it' s pretty ***ing simple, you put the damn UMD in, and you close it, it' s not rocket science. Why the *** do you need a GUIDE for that wtf ?

Well it' s all fine and dandy if you' re simply sitting still because your life has no action, but what if I want to play PSP while riding in my friend' s Ford Mustang with poor suspension? Damn disc would fall out before the tray could be closed and then I' d have to talk to my friend instead of playing Salamander. That would suck! Or what if I was on an airplane which hit some turbulence right as I sat the disc on the tray? It' d go flying to the aisle and slide to the back of the plane, and then I' d be arrested because the UMD format is so unknown that they would think it was a bomb or some terrorist device to be used for some nefarious purpose. Sony is always tryin' to keep a brutha down with their cheap-ass designs.

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 07:34

Well it' s all fine and dandy if you' re simply sitting still because your life has no action, but what if I want to play PSP while riding in my friend' s Ford Mustang with poor suspension? Damn disc would fall out before the tray could be closed and then I' d have to talk to my friend instead of playing Salamander. That would suck! Or what if I was on an airplane which hit some turbulence right as I sat the disc on the tray? It' d go flying to the aisle and slide to the back of the plane, and then I' d be arrested because the UMD format is so unknown that they would think it was a bomb or some terrorist device to be used for some nefarious purpose. Sony is always tryin' to keep a brutha down with their cheap-ass designs.

Well it just shows you' re not man enough, I could be consumed in a class 5 hurricane with my PSP and still wouldn' t drop the UMD, I' m not weak & frail like you.

And tell your friend to get a better car.
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Sep 07 23:36:09 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 07:42
I has a heartbeat!

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 18, 2007 08:02
The PSP may be able to handle a class 5 hurricane, but what about a 12.4 earthquake? I' d have to wait until the stupid earthquake is over before I got my Salamander action on since the tray has no guide rails to keep my disc in place. Piece of crap.

And tell your friend to get a better car.

He loves that thing. Then again he also loves Warcraft. Maybe he just loves shit?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 18 Sep 07 0:03:38 >

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 07:09

He loves that thing. Then again he also loves Warcraft. Maybe he just loves shit?

That explains why he loves you.

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 09:11
He also loves the PSP.

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 10:40
No you just said he hasn' t played it much since he got it.

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 10:47
I did? He hasn' t been playing Naxter & Crap or whatever it' s called that was included, but he has been playing Salamander and especially Ghosts N Goblins which is too easy for players with real skillz.

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 20, 2007 10:51
YOU LIE!

gamer4eva
  • Total Posts : 104
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 01:39

42 All-Time Classics
Advance Wars 3 Battle for Omega Land
Age of Empires II The Age of Kings
Animal Crossing
Another Code
Armored Core series
Baten Kaitos DS
Blades of Thunder 2
Bleach
Boktai
Bomberman DS
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
BoukenOu Beet
Bubble Bobble Revolution
Bust-a-Move series
Caduceus Surgical Operation
Castlevania
Children of Mana
Choro Q DS
Dobutsu Shima no Chibi Gurumi 3
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Booster
Dragon Quest Monsters series
Dragon Quest Slime Morimori series
Dust & Shadows
Egg Monster Hero
Elite Beat Agents
Europa Universalis II
Eye Shield 21
Far East of Eden series
Final Fantasy III
Guruguru Nagetto
Gyakuten Saiban
Harvest Moon Korobokkle Station
Hotel Dusk
Intelligent License
Jam with the Band
Jissen Pachislot Hisshopou Fist of the North Star DS
Jump Super Stars
Kaido Racing Battle
Katamari Damacy
Kawaii Koinu DS
Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta
Lost in Blue
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Magical Vacation II
Mahou Touch
Mario Kart DS
Meikyuu
Megaman Battle Network series
Meteos
Metroid Pinball
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Monster Summoner
Monster Rancher Jamboree
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
New Super Mario Bros
Nanostray (Majesco)
Naruto: Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 3
Pac ' n' Roll
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Powerful Pro Baseball series
Project Rub
Puyo Pop Fever
Rakugaki Kingdom series
Rekishi Simulation
SD Gundam G Generation DS
Secret of Mana
Sentouin Yamada Hajime 2
Sonic Rush
Shin Megami Tensei DS
Shogun Warriors
Spectral Force
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Robot Taisen DS
Tantei Adventure
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords DS
The Sims 2
Touch Kirby
Urusei Yatsura
Yakuman DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubador
Vandal Hearts
Viewtiful Joe DS
Wario Ware Touched
World Soccer Winning Eleven series
Worms Forts Under Seige
Xenosaga DS

That' s an impressive list I have alot but not that much.

There are buttons all over this thing which don' t need to be there which gives it less of a game machine feel and more of a " electronic fad device of the week" feel.

This is where you can really define the type of gamer. Any true, non fashion following gamer would see that the machine is poorly designed. Both the Game gear and old Gameboy had much better handling on there main controller. PSP is a joke.

The games collection so far is Generic and very old fashioned. Your better off getting a GP2x, it does most things properly.
< Message edited by gamer4eva -- 20 Sep 07 17:44:34 >

ginjirou
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 01:44
The PSP is better than all Nintendo handhelds combined. Go take your gimmick DS and its f***ed up non-games and play with your mom, because that' s what you' re supposed to do with it.
I will personally play real good games on the PSP thank you. Sony knows how to make consoles for GAMERS. Not your mom.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

gamer4eva
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 01:49
You see ^ a fake gamer right there. Fashion has more control over you, than you have over the PSP.

PSP has real games.

Real SHIT games yes.

ginjirou
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 01:52
The DS is all about marketing. People who buy the DS are non gamers who don' t know shit about true gaming. The DS is designed to appeal to fashion people and that kind of people.
The PSP is designed for people who want optimal gaming and media experiences.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

gamer4eva
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:20
No.

Sony PS2 was a huge Commercial Success. Sony followed it with a handheld version. END.

Sony Spent millions More on marketing compared to Nintendo and their side DS project.

Sony PSP Got owned by DS due to being stale and out done in gameplay.

Sony PSP is now a failed Super star wanna be trailing behind the greatest thing to hit gaming in recent times.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:35

No.

Sony PS2 was a huge Commercial Success. Sony followed it with a handheld version. END.

Sony Spent millions More on marketing compared to Nintendo and their side DS project.

Sony PSP is now a failed Super star wanna be trailing behind the greatest thing to hit gaming in recent times.

Only the PSP has greater games.

DS is a gimmick and its fun at times, but PSP can deliver expiriences that the DS simply cant, im not talking about little cutesy casual games..

Id trade in my DS for a PSP anyday, too bad its not a direct swap!

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:39
I' m glad the Piano black version is coming out Oct.2nd and not Oct. 10th like I thought. It' s the Star Wars version that' s being released on the 10th.

gamer4eva
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:44
No.

No.

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:48
How can you say PSP failed when it clearly managed to take a big bite out of the handheld market that before was solely dominated by Nintendo? Maybe they just got 33% market share but that' s 33% more any other competitor ever had.

gamer4eva
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 02:57
Now heres a good poster

That is good on paper but when you take into account that PSP is essentially a handheld version of the biggest selling console on the planet VS a risky project like DS. 33% is bad. IF it was VS an already established Name like Gameboy it would have been better, but it was a new plattform it was facing and lost.

ginjirou
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 03:00
Nintendo made the DS because they knew that if they made a GBA2 VS PSP they would lose big time. Sony would' ve taken more than 50% marketshare in such a scenario.

With the DS Nintendo managed to hype things and the machine is selling to non gamers and moms and dads. I' m not saying Brian training or Nintendogs are bad things but they sure as hell aren' t the kind of games true gamers demand.

Sony>All
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

ginjirou
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 03:01
LOL Brian Training, that' s a funny mistake
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

emofag
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 08:49
Gamer4eva is the definition of a clueless casual gamer.

In his little mind, if the console/handheld isn' t dominant, it' s a failure.

LOL, go play brain age dumb *** and wish you could play real games like Tekken & Metal Gear Solid on your little shit system, rofl.

ORIGINAL: gamer4eva

Now heres a good poster

That is good on paper but when you take into account that PSP is essentially a handheld version of the biggest selling console on the planet VS a risky project like DS. 33% is bad. IF it was VS an already established Name like Gameboy it would have been better, but it was a new plattform it was facing and lost.

Uh, it did have an established name seeing as how it was the direct successor to the game boy advance. You are such a retard you don' t know what you are talking about, kill yourself.

There was nothing risky about the DS, the minute it came out it broke sales records, it' s a nintendo handheld and people will buy it no matter what, the PSP was the brand new product with no pedigree in the handheld market that needed to prove itself, not the DS.

Ask any real gamer what he would like to play:

This trash:

Or this:

This feces:

Or this:

This garbage:

Or this:

This sad excuse for an FF game

Or this

Like I said, just kill yourself. There is no argument, DS is trash for casual gamers and grandparents.

< Message edited by emofag -- 21 Sep 07 1:29:25 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 09:14
But when I' m playing with Nintendo, I' m playing with power.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 09:44
" its soo bad"
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
RE: Who' s got the new PSP? - Sep 21, 2007 09:51
Ok wow this thread has spiraled down into hell and I deem it unworthy of further posts, let it die in peace people.
< Message edited by Torr -- 21 Sep 07 1:51:59 >

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 81