Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 22, 2004 11:18
UNLEASH THE POWER OF HALO 2 LIVE

Special Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit announced, but minus the tasty Halo 2-branded headset

10:00 On November 11 Microsoft is to release a limited edition Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit alongside the vanilla version of Bungie' s hotly anticipated FPS sequel, it' s been announced this morning.
Retailing for £59.99, the Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit will contain a copy of Halo 2 - handy - the Xbox Live communicator headset and a 12-month subscription to the Live service.

Unfortunately, while we were hoping that the limited edition Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit would come with Plantronic' s officially sanctioned Halo 2 headset - pictured right and rather nifty - Microsoft has informed us that it' ll be your regular Starter Kit content.

Maybe we' re just too darn greedy.

Stuart Bishop
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 22, 2004 16:28
Okay, I am officially sick of hearing about this game.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 22, 2004 23:18
Now thats a really good deal.

+ Y are u sick of hearing obout this game fathoms???
< Message edited by RUSSIAN MOBSTER -- 10/22/2004 11:19:17 PM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 23, 2004 03:14
that sounds like a very reasonable price for the game, a mic, and 12 months of live. I just payed 40 freakin bucks for the 3 month kit

And I' m sick of hearing about the game too. I' m buying it, but there is just too much attention around it
< Message edited by PS2Poodoo -- 10/23/2004 3:15:13 AM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 23, 2004 04:38
Why? Why?!

Look, I' ve seen hype for games since, like, forever. I' ve seen things go out of control over games like Super Mario 3, the launch of the Genesis and Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT, Final Fantasy VII, etc. But this has gotten too ridiculous. Yes, the game will be great. Yes, I' ll probably play it. NO, it will NOT be the " greatest game ever made" (or it' s highly unlikely, at least). NO, it' s not the be-all and end-all of gaming. And NO, it' s not life or death whether or not I get it the day it comes out.

The next person that calls SONY the " hype machine," I' m gonna bitch-slap. Microsoft are the pre-eminent KINGS of hype. Halo 2 has the single biggest PR campaign in terms of scope and overall financial commitment that a game has EVER had, and I can' t go TWO DAMN FEET without hearing about it. This is overkill. This is ANNOYING.

Perhaps the worst part is that MS is preying on the casual gamers, who basically began playing games with this generation, and honestly do think that Halo is the greatest creation known to mankind (which would mean that Halo 2 will be the new greatest creation). So now, all I get is these annoying little teenagers blathering about how Halo is now " the greatest franchise ever" (true story; heard it at the local EB). I wanted to throttle them both.

So there' s your answer as to " why."
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 23, 2004 04:56
well, I' m kinda sick of hearing it too....to tell you the truth, I' ve never gotten my hands on Halo. Ok, that was my biggest secret, I gues all of you are like " Oh my goodness! Who is this guy?!!!" . And plus, I' m gonna play Starcraft: Ghost before I lay hands on Halo (2), hehe, unless I win this game courtesy of Kikizo...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 24, 2004 04:34
I kind of like it myself. It' s really getting me stoked for the game. I can almost feel the energy in the air at the local game stores, lol.
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: For all those folks that MUST have anything Halo 2... - Oct 25, 2004 15:34
halo, halo, halo, two. yeah of course this will be the geatest first person view shooting game.yeah of course im gonna get me a copy. and i like the attention that halo2,s getting from the world. now the peaple of the world are linked and we are all brothers..........HA ha aha haaa yeah.. Vila da liva halo

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll