Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So I sold my Xbox today
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 20:10
Not long after selling my PS2, the XB has officially joined that big Game Crazy in the sky. I wish there was something coming out for the XB so it would be worth keeping, but there isn' t. The only game I' m even remotely interested in picking up from this remaining gen is Sonic Riders, and with the 360' s backward compatibility I' d rather just play Sonic Riders on that.

To add flames to the fire, I cancelled my subscription to World of Warcraft yesterday. That makes the second time I' ve cancelled my WoW account. WoW just got real boring real fast. I tried to get into it again but no luck. Now between having no PS2, XB, or GC, the only two PC games I still own (Half Life 2/WoW) aren' t getting any playtime either.

So what will I play until the 360 finally hits.......? MY GOOD OL' DREAMCAST BABY!!! I brought Skies of Arcadia again today, so yay! Gonna run through Sonic Adventures 1-2 a couple more times. Might even do another Shenmue run. Of course I have some 20+ Dreamcast games (more than both my PS2/XB collection combined) so I don' t think I' ll run out of games to play any time soon. Heck, I have Bust-A-Move! What more do I need!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 20:50

Might even do another Shenmue run.

You damn well had better.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 22:19
i just found my dreamcast with Shenmue in it in my garage.this game is so fun
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 22:34
Ima sell my Xbox off shortly before the release of 360 (still got some Live games I cant let go of). Ive already started killing off my Xbox collection went form 70 or so down to a decent 20 or 30 maybe less...its actually a little depressing for some reason...not becase of the games I got rid of but because of how little I got for them from EBGames...dicks I should just sodl them online AHHHG!!!!

Anyways so ya maybe I should go look at the dusty old bastards.

A WARNING TO THE PEOPLE: 1. Do not sell yer games at EBGames or Gamestop try yer luck online 2. F--- Gamefly unless yer on the west coast
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11 Sep 05 6:35:10 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 23:09
70 games holy cow! Haven' t you guys heard of Blockbuster? you can rent games instead of blowing thousands on games you only play for a few dozen hours anyways. I usually only buy a few games for each console i buy and rent a game just about every week. If I really like a game I can rent it several times and still spend less then buying it, if I really like a game then I will buy it. This way I end up playing all the games that interest me without spending too much money. But that' s just me. For 360 I only plan on buying Oblivion until Halo 3 or Huxley comes out (whichever comes first).

Once I get my 360 I plan on selling my xbox to my younger brother for 100 bucks.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 11 Sep 05 7:11:13 >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 10, 2005 23:14
I' ve been thinking of getting Skies of Arcadia out again. After my sis deleted my 40+ hours on the game when I first bought it, I haven' t wanted to play. Now though...I think I can suffer through the 1,000 random battles again, lol.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 11, 2005 01:50

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie If I really like a game I can rent it several times and still spend less then buying it..... without spending too much money.....

if ur renting it so many times cos you like it, then buying it, aren' t you spending more money?

plus if you buy it, it' s yours, and you can trade it...

renting games is like renting a house, it' s throwing money away (my opinion obv lol)

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 11, 2005 08:56
At most places you can rent a game for 5 bucks for 5 days...so let' s say you rent it for 20 days. That' s only 20 bucks, and most games can be beaten in 20 days, the exception being games like Morrowind. What' s so hard to understand about renting games?
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 11, 2005 13:15
I won' t rent a game anyway... I play too much on one game to rent it.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 11, 2005 15:41
I kind of agree on the whole rental thing lately. With money getting tighter for me, renting just makes more sense. For instance I' d love to buy " We love Katamari" on the 20th, but considering I can probably beat the game on 3 days and get a lot out of it in that time, I' ll just rent for 4 bucks for those 3 days. RPG' s are a little different, but anything that can happen under 15 hours, I think I' m going to have to rent. That being said, I' d really like to buy Burnout:revenge, Shadow of Colossus, and the next SSX game, but I think I' ll only have funds for one. Damn I hate money.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 12, 2005 11:34
In Saint Louis, the price of renting 5 days has gone up to $9, so renting is becoming almost as expensive as buying. Unless you are renting any game that sells for $20...then you most likely are getting ripped off if you rent it!

They' re getting us coming and going...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12 Sep 05 19:36:01 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: So I sold my Xbox today - Sep 12, 2005 16:22
I' m going to pass my Xbox on to my kids to have in their playroom and that way I don' t have to fight over whose turn it will be on my Xbox 360

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll