Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA4
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 87
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 00:20
Since the trailer is coming out in 7 hours [at time of writing]. What do you think they will do? will there be many changes or will it just be gta with better graphics?

I sure hope not, becuase if it is, then I will not get it!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 00:46
My prediction is that they will take everything that made GTA III a hit and make it better. It won' t be a Saints Row clone the way that Saits Row is a clone of GTA III. They won' t change the basic formula, they' re just going to try to make improvements. Obvioulsy graphics and physics but also the controls and animations will improve dramatically I hope. I' m sure they had a lot of ideas and things they wanted to do with GTAIII but couldn' t due to limitations with the PS2.

There are four things they have to keep in GTA4 from the previous games to make it a hit.

-Things to do. There is so much shit you can do in GTA you just can' t get sick of the game if you have an imagination.

-Difficulty, GTA is notoriously difficult (later levels). Some missions feel like mission impossible except you' re a fucking gangtster. In some cases the only solution is to provoke the army so you can steal a fucking tank. It' s crazy and I fucking love it. So keep the difficulty up in the later missions.

-Humour, the satire in GTA is nearly unmatched in any other videogame. The dialogue and radio stations are fucking hilarious in some cases. How many games can you beat a cop with a dildo? Fun for the whole family!

-Cheats, some gamers are really suck up about this and refuse to cheat in any games, even if it' s a single player game. But in GTA, the cheats are awsome. They add a whole new layer to the game and multiply the possibilities. So they need to have cheats in GTA4. Not to beat the missions, just to be able to do some crazy stunts.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 01:21
No Hot Coffee. I still haven' t forgiven them for that.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 02:37
It will be violent and you' ll be able to steal cars. But seriously, they HAVE to do something different with this one, not just stealing cars in different time periods and bigger maps.

The ' IV' makes me think it will be something different. I expect we' ll be able to steal a space shuttle in this one!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 02:43
Yeah but the third game was III and not 3 anyway.

They still haven' t done anything proper with Carcer City as far as the GTA games go. We;ve only seen it in Manhunt, and only heard about it in the GTA games.

A game set in the 70' s would be cool, as would it being set in a New York-esque city, ...but to be honest i' m getting a seriously bored with the same old shit. GTA2 was set in the future and there' s enough scope there. It just depends whether they' ve got the balls to make such a drastic change.

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 02:44
GTA is one of the few series I' ve actually been interested in from the very start. I remember being 12 and trying to buy the first game for PC and being turned away. So I got my dad to go in and buy it for me 30 seconds later, bwahaha. We both spent ages laughing at the madness.

Anyway, GTA IV should be fantastic and I can' t wait to see this trailer. Roughly 3 and a half hours left...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 03:22
They need to set it in a South American or Asian locale. Or better yet, make it possible to travel from country to country instead of just different parts of a single city.

As for the whole Hot Coffee debacle, I think the programmers were trying to leave something in there that the PC modding community could find and have fun with... but they completely underestimated the uproar that ensued. Leaving it in the console version was a huge mistake.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 03:56

-Cheats, some gamers are really suck up about this and refuse to cheat in any games, even if it' s a single player game. But in GTA, the cheats are awsome. They add a whole new layer to the game and multiply the possibilities. So they need to have cheats in GTA4. Not to beat the missions, just to be able to do some crazy stunts.

True, cheats are what make that game fun, but i wonder if they' ll still have them because of the achievements would be easier to get
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 06:45
Cheats are ok now and again to use. Saints row was irritating in its use of cheats -use them and you couldn' t get achievements anymore on that game even if you could turn them off.

Also I never had a problem with hot coffee as a concept, GTASA was an adult game so adding in a sexual content did not clash with the violence, even if was implemented in an immature way. I don' t think it was intended to be found, it was programmed by the UK based developers where this sort of thing is less of an issue, but as soon as it got to US testers they tried to block it out in the best way they could, but probablt couldn' t remove it all without messing up the rest of the code.

Anyway GTAIV will be up soon!!!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 07:24
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many people flooding rockstar right now, can' t view the page!!!!!!!! I' m in Canada and the trailer came available about 11 minutes ago!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 07:38

Also I never had a problem with hot coffee as a concept,

Me either, but the mess they made was unforgivable.

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many people flooding rockstar right now, can' t view the page!!!!!!!! I' m in Canada and the trailer came available about 11 minutes ago!!!!!

You use official sources? For shame...

whatabout_paul

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 07:51
Nitro

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 07:52
Were going back to Liberty City ladies and gentlemen. Modern day setting, looks nice for a sandbox game but it' s nothing special. It does look vast though which is good, but i' m seriously unimpressed at how limited Rockstar' s game design has become.

The main character also appears to be some sort of Eastern European or Russian immigrant.

Screens stolen from GAF who in turn got them from somewhere else...

Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 07:57
^ Agree. Though I liked the New York setting and thought the enviorment looked good, I thought the trailer showed too little to be impressed.
whatabout_paul

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 08:03
Hmmm, I' m intrigued. I’d take a huge focused city over an empty state any day and I’m sure there 1000’s of tricks up Rockstars sleeves. It looks sexy though, can’t wait to see more. A Russian dude though I wasn’t expecting.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 08:20
of course it isn' t a guarantee that the character in the trailer is the one you play as, it could be someone you are up against - Rockstar may be trying to pull a fast one.

I thought the expanses of SA showed a different side to the game, a city-only scenario could end up like a slightly shinier Saint' s row.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:04
i thought the damn thing would be set in the futur, i had high hopes for this idea, think how many ideas could rockstar bring to the game if they have opted that. i didn' t see the trailer yet but the screens do look good for a massive enviroment games , it' s pretty neat. i hope the gameplay will not be totaly recycled.
Nitro

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:05
He kinda looks like a terrorist...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:18
I think horse piss in my eyes feels better..
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 87

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message