Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 what do you do? What' s your plan?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 00:34

I' ll even get Kickass back somehow and lock him up in a room while we throw various pointy things at him. from above. all day.

ohh i actually forgot Kickass, he was my favorite person on this forum!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 03:47

Yea form a kikizo corp.....
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 07:53

Either that or i' ll move to Canada once i' ve got my degree and see if Ubisoft Montreal want me. It' s either them or EA

Can you speak french majik? I read somewhere that Ubisoft requires their employees to speak both french and english. If you can then it´s a great chance for you.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 08:39
I currently have a year left in college. I' m working on my first game in my prototyping class with a group of students. Hopefully by the time I graduate I' ll have increased my skills quite a bit more. I really gotta start hitting ZBrush. Once I graduate I' m expecting to move to Cali. Not sure who I' m going to work for yet.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 10:07

ORIGINAL: Hidemoto

Either that or i' ll move to Canada once i' ve got my degree and see if Ubisoft Montreal want me. It' s either them or EA

Can you speak french majik? I read somewhere that Ubisoft requires their employees to speak both french and english. If you can then it´s a great chance for you.

I can get by. I worked in Fance for over a year and i' ve worked in Canada already too. I wouldn' t be overly keen working or living in Montreal or Quebec to be honest, i just like Ubisoft Montreals games.

Like i could even get into a studio like that! Ha!

I dunno what i' ll end up doing. It' s a specialized degree so it' ll only really lend itself to the games industry. I wouldn' t mind working on a ranch actually!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 12:10
I can see myself as a tester, putting in 16 hour days playing videogmes, not a bad life... I have decent writing skills in both English and French, seeing as I live in Quebec its kind of important, although I wouldn' t work here. Or maybe I could become a freelance writer and write the stories and scripts for videogames, hell I could even translate the english to french...
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 4 Aug 06 4:13:44 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 13:21
I plan on making videogames....

Period!

Ok, I' ll lay it out..

I plan on learning as much as I can on a 3-D program, then taking a 3-D
animation course (once the ground work is done, the course should be a breeze.)

Once I have learnt enough, I have a nice dedicated group of friends ready to
help me make my videogame (First one out of 10 projects, the last one being an
MMORPG, that way I can retire for a bit and still roll in the cash). Of course
the only thing we will be doing is as much of the groundwork as possible, that' s
the basics that companies hate doing (the artistic side, because programmers
are stupid).

Then as a giant portfolio, me and my age long friend will start putting stuff up
on our website. When we contact companies, we will tell them where to go.

My first project is one that I am willing to sell, to make more money for my
larger project which I have been working on since I was 13!!

Of course, an idea cannot be good, if you don' t know what to put in it..... That' s
where Kikizo comes into it..

You guys are going to be the neutral key to my success (not that I' m gonna
screw you guys over!) But, I am definitely going to use you guys for feedback on
some ideas (Once my stupid " I have my law degree" brother can finalise the
copywright).

And if it all goes well (fingers crossed), you guys will at least have a nice
documentatiz on how my project came about, even if it does crash and burn, at
least you guys were along for the ride!

If all goes well, Kikizo can have all exclusive coverage!

I' m up at this time as I cannot sleep.

That was my plan... Now, as for what I do at the moment.

I work in Carphone Warehouse, taking care of people' s contracts, I live
at home with my parents, I draw, create, and most of all: play videogames.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 18:47
I bet you end up homeless.
Hidemoto

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 20:12
Happy to see that you have a good plan and most important of all you know people that can help you with your projects.
Tiz

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 04, 2006 22:40

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I bet you end up homeless.

Er......ouch?

My brother tells me that all the time, but I' d like to think I have some good ideas
most of my team consist of people experienced in Javascript and C++ so
I figured if I am at least short for members; they won' t be programmers.

That being said, the thing that drives me to do this is not videogames alone.
Neither is it a blind ambition, it was once a typical aspiration along the same
lines of " I wanna fly an aeroplane" ...

I can also safelly say that it' s highly impossible for me to ever become homeless,
where I live won' t allow me to become homeless, where if I did, it would purely
be by choice.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 05, 2006 07:54

My brother tells me that all the time

Your brother is right, you will end up homeless, dont aim so high, becuase if you aim low you can amaze yourself!. I remember I went to buy a can of beans, i was really excited, really looking forward to it, ....but they had none, and I so dispointed.

I cried in my box all night.
Tiz

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 05, 2006 08:07
I

can also safelly say that it' s highly impossible for me to ever become homeless,
where I live won' t allow me to become homeless, where if I did, it would purely
be by choice.

Your brother is right, you will end up homeless, dont aim so high, becuase if you aim low you can amaze yourself!.

Here I was thinking that my aiming was modest...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 07, 2006 07:02

I can see myself as a tester, putting in 16 hour days playing videogmes, not a bad life...

What if they make you play some fuckin harry potter game fr a week 8 h a day ?

:)
Hidemoto

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 07, 2006 08:28

Your brother is right, you will end up homeless, dont aim so high, becuase if you aim low you can amaze yourself!. I remember I went to buy a can of beans, i was really excited, really looking forward to it, ....but they had none, and I so dispointed.

I cried in my box all night.

LMAO

What kind of beans was it? Cuz i got a red beans can here for only 5$
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 07, 2006 10:22
wow that is an expensive can of beans.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Oct 04, 2006 20:39
I am in the oil-buisness..

well, kind-of..

Here is a old picture of my workplace:

It' s abit old, but somehow we' ve managed to allmost double the amounts of tanks.

There is boats coming in all the time, they bring ' fish waste disposals' , they pump it into those huge tanks (if people fall into the tanks, I call the ambulance helicopter because there isn' t much breathable air in them, but luckily it has only happened once on my shift (very proud)).

From the huge tanks, we pump those fish waste disposals into a factory, and we heat it up into 100 degree celsius (if people get that hot stuff on themselves, I usually call ambulance helicopter, so I don' t have to hear on all the loud screaming all night long, but luckily it has only happened once on my shift (very proud), they usually look like a mummy the first 2 weeks after that, and like Freddie from Elm' s Streeet the next month after that again)..

After we have heated the fish waste disposals, we pump it into a magic machine wich process it into OIL.. well, fish oil, if you wanna be specific, but it can be used in cars, the wheels on the car get more durability if we add it into the rubber, and we also claim that dogs get really shiny hair from it too and sell it extremely expansive to people who bring their dogs at miss voff-voff-contests, hehe.
It probably is beeing used in alot of other things aswell, but I don' t know anything about that since I only make it.. :)

The magic machine also produces some other watery-looking stuff of the fish waste disposals, wich we put into a different smaller tank, before we put it into a different magic machine, and heats it up again, and removes the water from it, and SIMSALABIM, out comes some ugly brown goo.
It tastes like shit (I got some in my mouth once, not shit, but the ugly brown goo, but I bet shit would have been better)..
Anyway, we sell that brown goo to farmers wich use it in their animal-food, so their animals will get more proteins from less food, that way they get bigger animals on less food.

We need to clean those magic machines a couple of times each week, we use various acids for that, it hurts when you get it on you, and if it' s large amounts I will have to call the ambulance, wich I' ve only had to do once on my shift (very proud).

My job is also to go rounds every hour, and make sure that there aren' t any fires starting, when that happens we usually put them out ourselves, and that there aren' t any spill or leaks in the tanks, just the other day i fixed a leak, on a tank with 400 tonnes oil on, sawed off the end off a broomshaft and plugged it.

So that' s me, a magican in oil buisness.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Oct 04, 2006 21:20
Wow, do you really work as a... eh uh... that. That' s a pretty unusuall job isn' t it? Well, it' s nice to hear that you' re very proud of what you accomplish there

(very proud)).

(very proud),

(very proud)

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Oct 04, 2006 21:26
" What if they make you play some fuckin harry potter game fr a week 8 h a day ? "

Well even that would be much better then my last job. I' d rather die then go back to my old job or even prison is better. Even while playing the worst game, time goes by very quickly and I' m so used to playing that I can just space out. It wouldn' t even feels like work..

Maybe after College I' ll apply to a few Canadian developers for a position as a tester. Its worth a shot.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 Oct 06 13:28:22 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Oct 05, 2006 00:42
So was it the same guy that got shit, oil, and acid on himself?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Oct 05, 2006 08:24

Maybe after College I' ll apply to a few Canadian developers for a position as a tester. Its worth a shot.

...have you seen what the typical games tester looks like?.... ......do you know how much a game tester earns per annum?.....

...i really think you need to raise the bar a LOT higher man....
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message