Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 what do you do? What' s your plan?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 29, 2006 06:22
I think it' s interesting to know what kind of life you have, what do you do , where do you work and what is your plan for this one life you have? (unless ofcourse, you use Action Replay for GOD MODE)
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 29, 2006 07:27
Well I' m on Cloud 9 right now, today was my last day in my abusive degrading slave labour job. In the two longest years of my life I managed to save enough money to finish my college studies and even buy a decent computer. Now that I have my sanity back (most of it) I' ll be able to do what I was meant to do with ease. After which I intend on pursuing a career in the government (probably in statistics). For the next two years (if all goes well) I' m going to be disciplined like a fucking monk and complete every assignment with excellence.

I feel like I was let out of prison after serving a 20 year sentence. Actually I will sooner go to prison then sell my life away at minimum wage again.

As for my lifestyle, I intend on living alone for my entire life with women coming and going but never any long term relationships. I' ll never stop playing videogames which will consume almost my entire entertainment budget and free time throughout my life. I' ll be smart with my money and make enough through little buisness schemes to retire early, because working for a living is bullshit and the sooner I can stop and maintain my budget the better.

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 29, 2006 09:04
I plan to keep dancing at the club until I find a rich guy who can take care of me and my baby.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 29, 2006 11:47
I now have to rethink everything I guess about you nekkid... anyhow.

I was a a window installer during my highschool days and I' m now a daycare provider. Odd start for someone who just turned 20, but owell it' s money. Still tho I' m on the search for a real & basic job right now in which will provide me the money to maintain a small apt or somthing similar.

I' ll keep that going for some time before I finally balls up and actually become serious about my education. My plan in this area is to gain as much knowledge about game development as I can. Wherein then I plan to work small parts here and there at various studios until I have the know how to make middleware products (one in particular that sell remain secret til someone else does it or til I do it myself!).

If I manage to license out a good middleware product I' ll focus solely on keeping it updated and fresh raking in the money from various companies looking to use it. Once I hit a good amount and establish myself (or crew) I shall start up a small independent company. Using my connection from the middleware licenses and the money earned from it I shall make my games in which I truly hope sell.

Years later I would then (hopefully) become a big player in the development circle in which then I shall take a seat and give my time to producing various projects. When all is said and done I shall retire. However, not before developing an epic game, with my most recent;y updated middleware products not yet available to other companies. With said game I shall license out everything used to make it to other companies. And then live a life of comfort either travelling or doing some sort of thing that people do when they are done working.

Of course thats the dream. It may not pan out at all if so then I' ll go back to simplicity and keep a basic steady job just to maintain my gaming & entertainment addiction in a small apt. A simple pattern that will last either til I die or can retire in a lesser way then the dream way.

Both sound just as fine to me. Abliet one a bit more realistic. Nonetheless just fine either way.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 29 Jul 06 3:48:07 >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 29, 2006 13:45
I am finishing up my masters degree currently (in cell biology) I am hoping to get a position as a research tech in the very near future. Long term plans... i want to go back and get my MBA and enter the business and marketing sector of science.

On the side I am also an actress (not a card carrying member though) and so I am involved in 2-3 theatrical productions a year. It is fun and brings in a bit of extra cash. Who doesn' t want more money?
]GaNgStA[

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 31, 2006 06:55
now that' s interesting :)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 31, 2006 07:05
1 year left until I finish my computer science degree. I' ll probably just get a normal programming job right away to build up some money. I plan on doing some game projects on the side and possibly getting into some professional gaming. If I can find a good game creation job I might jump right into that after college. I' ll have to get married sometime and have a few kids too.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 31, 2006 07:06
and what about you gangsta?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Jul 31, 2006 08:37

I plan to keep dancing at the club until I find a rich guy who can take care of me and my baby.

Hey Baby!
]GaNgStA[

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 01, 2006 07:58

and what about you gangsta?

Shit...didn' t see that one coming...

I' m asking cause to be honest, I don' t really have a plan.
No special goal to my life and so on.I think it sux to be waiting for some " magical purpose" of all this ...life :)

As of 20th of july I' ve finished Medical Academy so you can call me Doctor Gangsta :)

I think I' ll be doing this for living and ...I hope I' ll enjoy it actually.

I' ve picked it for 3 reasons
1.It' s international - you can work anywhere you want
2.There are many professions here (even more than in MMORPG games) so there' s a lot to choose.
3.As always, I had no idea what I wanted to do after highschool, so I gave into my parents persuasion skills.

I' d love to make games,movies or some creative stuff though.

I live in Poland for now and breaking into game or movie industry is almost impossible (there' s always this 1% chance right?).

My idea for spending my time here is to enjoy my job at least a bit, train all the time (hopefully boxing, but anything else if I can' t would do) , watch majority of released movies (anime included) and play lot' s of games and read a cool book from time to time (the Emperor series is just amazing)

If I won' t like this whole medical thing , I' m getting the fuck out of this to africa, to become a mercenary :)
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 01, 2006 08:12
I haven' t a clue about mines .......I have no definate plans (never had) I just sort of go at my own pace and survive on my own somehow above average (too complicated to explain)....so far it' s been fine and the way I look at it everything else can only be an added extra. I do kinda envy some of my peers (sometimes) who have all gone to uni and stuff and but then again I talk to some of them and they still haven' t a clue about what they want either so makes me feel kinda better plus I don' t have the debts they do lol.

By the way have you always live in poland gangsta?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 1 Aug 06 0:21:04 >
Silentbomber

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 01, 2006 08:33

I live in Poland for now

Well GaNgStA, Half the population of Poland is currently liveing In Ireland right now. If you know some of them, I' ll be sure to tell let them know.
]GaNgStA[

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 02, 2006 00:10
SilentBomber - the other half lives either in London or Scotland :)

UK has truly been invaded when they opened their gates.

By the way have you always live in poland gangsta?.

I was born in Tripolis -Libya (Africa) and I spend there first year or two and then I was in Rome for a couple of months , until finally my parents were able to return to PL with me (we were in a state of war at that time).

I' ve been living here ever since.

Saying that " I live in PL for now" , I meant I won' t stay here more than necessary.
dasher232

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 02, 2006 01:41
Ok just out of interest how did english become one of your languages cos it' s pretty good for your second or did you learn that first.
]GaNgStA[

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 02, 2006 08:57
it' s my second - my parents made me learn it when I was small (I hated it, but now I kinda appreciate it) and games, movies kept it fresh (I hate subtitles and voiceovers).
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 02, 2006 10:55
well...my plan is to fully dedicate the next year to finishing some projects i have in progress (multimedia since that´s my university course) and start a career.

If possible work in game development.

I know that in order to have a chance of starting in the demanding multimedia industry i have to lose my focus in many other areas...but " no pain, no game"

dasher232

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 03, 2006 18:45
Sounds like a plan indeed hideo. I' m not really good at planning I just kinda have rough sketches and work around it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 03, 2006 21:09
I' m gonna spend the last of my degree becoming a karaoke master and an alcoholic. I' m not going to do my assignments and i' m going to fail miserably and then i' m going to go and live in India and become a priest.

Either that or i' ll move to Canada once i' ve got my degree and see if Ubisoft Montreal want me. It' s either them or EA...[:' (] I haven' t actually evaluated what the job opportunities in Canada for people with British games development degree' s. I' ll probably end up working in the rockies as a freelance photographer and play semi-professional ice hockey.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 03, 2006 21:24
Can' t someone here get rich, start a videogame company and hire everyone here at the Kikizo forum? That way everyone will be happy .
I promise you, if I somehow get really rich I' ll start a company and hire anyone here who wants to work for me. Don' t expect fat pay checks though...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Aug 06 13:24:54 >
Silentbomber

RE: what do you do? What' s your plan? - Aug 03, 2006 22:39
I' d hire everybody, expect you ginjirou.

I' ll even get Kickass back somehow and lock him up in a room while we throw various pointy things at him. from above. all day.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message