Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2...
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 102
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 08:58

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I have a question about Ninja Gaiden II. Does anybody know if Ayane will make another return for ninja gaiden II? I would really like to see her comeback. She' s the love of my life! I want to marry her!
Do you tell your psychiatrist these things?

oh yeah I tell my therapist everything I do.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 04, 2008 09:03
Ok, i just finished my first playthrough of the NGII demo and i' m astounded. If any of you guys are on the fence about buying this game... don' t be. It' s fuck awesome!

You can change the text and subtitle language and the voice language in the option menu. If you want the original Japanese audio with English subs... you can.

The opening cutscene is dumb, dialogue is lame as expected. Doesn' t matter, that' s not why we play these games. I also don' t get Itagaki' s fetish for Sharon Stone-esque leather-clad warrior women. Tacky, but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. To the demo proper...

Demo is Chapter 1 - Sky City Tokyo.

The first environment i straight out of DoA4! It' s this bridge, tree, water etc... even the stone textures are the same...

...except it' s at night on top of a skyscraper in the middle of a huge city. It looks unbelievable. The city backdrop looks awesome. Call it cheap if you want, re-using part of a location from another game but it fits and it looks killers so...

You start of with 3 weapons. Dragon Sword, Eclipse Scythe and Falcons Talons (the claws). All three maxed out with Shurikens and the Fiends Bane Bow.

Bow auto targets if you just press it, goes into fine-aim if you hold it. Has a crosshair (well a blood red dot) now - looks better and is much easier to use.

You don' t roll anymore. You dash. Makes little to no difference to the gameplay but if you' ve played the games a lot you' ll notice it straight away.

Enemies in the demo are Spider Clan Ninjas - some clawed, some with Katanas. If the graphics aren' t much improved the art direction certainly has! It looks cool as hell.

Game plays exactly the same, new moves for Dragon Sword, new UT too. Finishers are fucking brutal! Decapitations included. Blood sprays looks awesome. Body parts and blood don' t disappear!?

Camera is exactly the same as in the previous games. Tap RT to re-align. If you haven' t complained before you won' t complain now. I' m not sure how it could be improved being a 3D Ninja game that moves hella-fast. As far as i' m concened the camera is no problem at all.

Talons are wicked. The weapons take on different looks as you level them up. these are maxed out and are gold (and they seem to glow). Claws on both hands and feet, moves are awesome. Couple of moves added from his DoA roster. Disappear - re-appear above you - cut your freaking nose off!

Holy Fuck! the Scythe is even cooler than the Talons. Looks like Dragon' s Claw and Tiger' s Fang, Lunar staff and Eclipse Scythe are going to be best for taking on large groups. Not sure who came up with these moves for the new weapons but they deserve a big fucking bonus (LOL ) because they' re epic. DMC reclaimed the combat style award briefly but Ryu just took it back.

UT' s with new weapons look amazing. The particle effects are kickass, especially as you charge the UT' s. Ryu gets surrounded by a flowing aura. Looks great.

It' s definitely a cleaner game than Sigma. There' s some nice texture work and the environments are definitely more detailed.

The Art of the Inferno is different. It actually lets you target who the blast gets fired at. Looks stunning, as do the enemies that get set on fire and burn to death while screaming. LOL - melt you pansy Ninja fuck!

The Art of the Wind Blades is equally badass. It just cuts them to ribbons. Blood rains down everywhere!

Just got the Lunar Staff. Holy hell! It has a ball & chain that comes out of the end of it! A spikey ball on a chain. On both ends i think. I don' t think it can get any better than this. The game is like Sigma on steroids. Everything is Ninja gaiden as we know it - just better. It' s not that it' s refined, it' s just far more brutal. I loved the combat the the Xbox original and the PS3 remake but always thought that Devil May Cry had more depth and flexability... but this... this is incredible. These new weapons are GREAT additions. The previous games were best played with the True Dragon Sword but i think i' ll spend more time in my first couple of playthroughs using the Talons and Scythe than anything else. After seeing what they' ve done to the Lunar Staff i can' t wait to see what they' ve done to the Flails and the Unlaboured Flawlessness!

If this truly is the last Ninja Gaiden game as we know the series then it' s a fitting end. It' s a work of art and best of all i know from the reviews that it' s a decent length.

Roll on Friday!
< Message edited by nitro -- 4 Jun 08 1:05:08 >
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 09:12
Thanks for the heads up nitro. I am anticipating this game for the longest. Can' t wait to pick up my copy tomorrow! But I don' t think I' m going to have the time to play it. The problem is that I been replaying all metal gear solid games to get a feel on the story before MGS4 comes out. And today I just beat MGS3. Now I' m playing MGS 1 and when I beat that I will go on to play MGS2. and if I finish them before MGS 4 comes out then I will have some time to play Ninja gaiden 2...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 09:20
I will get this.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 04, 2008 11:20

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Ok, i just finished my first playthrough of the NGII demo and i' m astounded. If any of you guys are on the fence about buying this game... don' t be. It' s fuck awesome!

You can change the text and subtitle language and the voice language in the option menu. If you want the original Japanese audio with English subs... you can.

The opening cutscene is dumb, dialogue is lame as expected. Doesn' t matter, that' s not why we play these games. I also don' t get Itagaki' s fetish for Sharon Stone-esque leather-clad warrior women. Tacky, but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. To the demo proper...

Demo is Chapter 1 - Sky City Tokyo.

The first environment i straight out of DoA4! It' s this bridge, tree, water etc... even the stone textures are the same...

...except it' s at night on top of a skyscraper in the middle of a huge city. It looks unbelievable. The city backdrop looks awesome. Call it cheap if you want, re-using part of a location from another game but it fits and it looks killers so...

You start of with 3 weapons. Dragon Sword, Eclipse Scythe and Falcons Talons (the claws). All three maxed out with Shurikens and the Fiends Bane Bow.

Bow auto targets if you just press it, goes into fine-aim if you hold it. Has a crosshair (well a blood red dot) now - looks better and is much easier to use.

You don' t roll anymore. You dash. Makes little to no difference to the gameplay but if you' ve played the games a lot you' ll notice it straight away.

Enemies in the demo are Spider Clan Ninjas - some clawed, some with Katanas. If the graphics aren' t much improved the art direction certainly has! It looks cool as hell.

Game plays exactly the same, new moves for Dragon Sword, new UT too. Finishers are fucking brutal! Decapitations included. Blood sprays looks awesome. Body parts and blood don' t disappear!?

Camera is exactly the same as in the previous games. Tap RT to re-align. If you haven' t complained before you won' t complain now. I' m not sure how it could be improved being a 3D Ninja game that moves hella-fast. As far as i' m concened the camera is no problem at all.

Talons are wicked. The weapons take on different looks as you level them up. these are maxed out and are gold (and they seem to glow). Claws on both hands and feet, moves are awesome. Couple of moves added from his DoA roster. Disappear - re-appear above you - cut your freaking nose off!

Holy Fuck! the Scythe is even cooler than the Talons. Looks like Dragon' s Claw and Tiger' s Fang, Lunar staff and Eclipse Scythe are going to be best for taking on large groups. Not sure who came up with these moves for the new weapons but they deserve a big fucking bonus (LOL ) because they' re epic. DMC reclaimed the combat style award briefly but Ryu just took it back.

UT' s with new weapons look amazing. The particle effects are kickass, especially as you charge the UT' s. Ryu gets surrounded by a flowing aura. Looks great.

It' s definitely a cleaner game than Sigma. There' s some nice texture work and the environments are definitely more detailed.

The Art of the Inferno is different. It actually lets you target who the blast gets fired at. Looks stunning, as do the enemies that get set on fire and burn to death while screaming. LOL - melt you pansy Ninja fuck!

The Art of the Wind Blades is equally badass. It just cuts them to ribbons. Blood rains down everywhere!

Just got the Lunar Staff. Holy hell! It has a ball & chain that comes out of the end of it! A spikey ball on a chain. On both ends i think. I don' t think it can get any better than this. The game is like Sigma on steroids. Everything is Ninja gaiden as we know it - just better. It' s not that it' s refined, it' s just far more brutal. I loved the combat the the Xbox original and the PS3 remake but always thought that Devil May Cry had more depth and flexability... but this... this is incredible. These new weapons are GREAT additions. The previous games were best played with the True Dragon Sword but i think i' ll spend more time in my first couple of playthroughs using the Talons and Scythe than anything else. After seeing what they' ve done to the Lunar Staff i can' t wait to see what they' ve done to the Flails and the Unlaboured Flawlessness!

If this truly is the last Ninja Gaiden game as we know the series then it' s a fitting end. It' s a work of art and best of all i know from the reviews that it' s a decent length.

Roll on Friday!

Damn you Nitro !!! I was going to skip this to save up for Battlefield : BC . But after reading your impressions i will have to get this .. Just one question , How unforgiving is it this time ? I remember i got my butt kicked on the original and stopped playing it out of utter frustration ...
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 04, 2008 11:24

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Damn you Nitro !!! I was going to skip this to save up for Battlefield : BC . But after reading your impressions i will have to get this .. Just one question , How unforgiving is it this time ? I remember i got my butt kicked on the original and stopped playing it out of utter frustration ...

No wonder you are so interested in Too Human' s " accessible" combat system. You suck ass a games!

But no, Ninja Gaiden II is not worth buying over a ganre changing game like Battlefield: Bad Company. You should get Battlefield. I would get Battlefield
2pac

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 04, 2008 11:29

No wonder you are so interested in Too Human' s " accessible" combat system. You suck ass a games!

But no, Ninja Gaiden II is not worth buying over a ganre changing game like Battlefield: Bad Company. You should get Battlefield. I would get Battlefield

You got me there .. I admit i sucked at Ninja Gaiden. But the last time i never went back to try to finish the game because i had loads of other games to play ..
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 04, 2008 11:37

ORIGINAL: 2pac

You got me there .. I admit i sucked at Ninja Gaiden. But the last time i never went back to try to finish the game because i had loads of other games to play ..

I suck at games. But I was able to complete ninja gaiden. It made feel like I accomplish something. Those boss fights in ninja gaiden are the hardest thing in the game. The boss that gave me the most problem was alma that witch. She is so hard to beat.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 12:35
I kinda feel like an a$$hole for passing on the game today when I saw it at the electronics store. I figured I' d head to the NCS website and order it from there but they didn' t have it listed in today' s update. If they get it tomorrow then I won' t be able to play it until Thursday so I guess I' ll just pick up a copy tomorrow at J&R. And that' s a game I will play immediately, unlike Rockstar' s masterpiece which has been sitting here shrink wrapped since its release day..
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 15:06
I sold 5 copies of NG2 today as well as one of Sigma. I fuck.ing contributed to the awesome NG legacy!
2pac

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 17:02
I just played the demo and its ***ing awesome .. Everything Nitro said and more .
And the most important thing is i didnt suck at it . The weapons totally kick ass . The Scythe is godly . Lunar staff is awesome too but i just love slicing through a group of badies with the scythe . Screw battlefield , i am getting this tommorrow ...
< Message edited by 2pac -- 4 Jun 08 9:02:56 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 22:15
wait is battlefield out this friday?
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 22:25

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

wait is battlefield out this friday?

27th in Europe.
2pac

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 04, 2008 22:28
A demo is supposed to be available from the 5th ...
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 00:31
LOL - an Xbox 1.5 game indeed...

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 00:33
Demo for the US (pre order the game and get a code) on the 5th

Everyone else is the 18th I think or around that date.
2pac

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 00:36

LOL - an Xbox 1.5 game indeed...

DAMN !!!! Thats sweet ... Abs has had a bias against NG II from the start ..

US doesnt have the demo yet ??? WTF ?
< Message edited by 2pac -- 4 Jun 08 16:36:35 >
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 01:19
Just got the game today and I beat the first level. I was able to beat the first boss on my first try. I feel good about myself you know. I am really enjoying the game very much. The gameplay kick ass! I' m playing on the easier level and I find it harder than ninja gaiden normal setting. But the good thing is that you don' t die as much as ninja gaiden. I din' t even die once on my first try of completing the first level. I think the graphics are better than ninja gaiden sigma. and the new character sonya is even hotter than rachel. Oh she looks so good. She' s the new love of my life. sorry Ayane! But I won' t continue playing anymore of ninja gaiden II until I finish MGS 1 and MGS 2. I' m replaying the metal gear solid series to get a feel on the story before MGS 4 comes out. I' m already half way done with MGS 1 I' m sure I will be able to finish it today. and MGS 2 shouldn' t take me more than 2 days to finish. Back to ninja gaiden II. I really think that ninja gaiden gameplay is much better than devil may cry. It' s more fun. I find devil may cry gameplay boring. After playing the 4rth one. I kind of lost my interest in the series. But if they make another devil may cry game. I' m sure I will be there to buy it. I did like the new character nero. so yeah......
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 02:16
I also got it today and played till Level 5 and so far it' s been great. Gameplay wise it smokes DMC4, which I didnt even beat because the fighting was so boring and the gameplay so slow. Unfortunately though the graphics REALLY suck sometimes. I had loads of slowdowns so far (though I heard that this might be the fault of my Xbox), the water looks shit and especially New York was butt ugly. However I am in Venice now(if it' s supposed to be Venice) and that area looks great.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 02:51
I preordered from Amazon and it says it will be here tomorrow.

Fortunately I have this to hold me over!

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 102

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message