Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2...
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 102
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 02:12
So yeah I restarted a new game on the normal difficulty I already manage to make it to chapter 9. I must say but chapter 8 has to be one of the hardest level in the game. Those guy shooting multiple missiles at you at the same time and then those big robot dude come and fight you. they are a really pain in the ass. I lost several times to them. So far I din' t find the bosses that hard. I was able to defeat them on my first try but that boss that shoots electry ball the metal worm is really hard boss. I die several times. Those annoying fish are back ninja gaiden II but this time they don' t do much damage to you. I find those dogs annoying.
let me give a little tip since I am already a 4 year veteran on ninja gaiden. hehe
when you find those thousand lives item. Don' t use them. Leave them for when you are fighting a boss. The thousand lives can also be used as replenish healh item too. This came come in handy when you are running low on health items.
I learn this trick on my own.. I hope that can be helpful
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 05:22
So how long is the game(on easy difficulty)?
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 05:53

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

So how long is the game(on easy difficulty)?

I beat the easier difficulty in 13 hours and 57 minutes. just because it has an easier difficulty doesn' t mean it would be an easy game. Some parts are chanllenging throughout the game. There was this one boss fight nearing the end that I die alot of times before I can beat him.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 11:39
I don' t see the point in easy difficulties. Usually, you don' t get to see the proper gameplay mechanics and potential unless it' s on harder difficulties. For me, there' s nothing worse than playing a game that is in no way challenging. I want something that makes me think or change strategies throughout the game. Otherwise it gets boring really quickly.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 12:31

I don' t see the point in easy difficulties. Usually, you don' t get to see the proper gameplay mechanics and potential unless it' s on harder difficulties.

That' s not true of all games. There are many games out there where bumping up the difficulty setting only throws maybe a couple more cannon fodder enemies at you, or lowers your life bar, but nothing else really, and it doesn' t change the gameplay mechanics one bit. Games like Ikaruga are definitely an exception since the mechanics do change a bit depending on the difficulty setting -- and that' s a game that really challenges players even on its easiest setting.

I' ve seen players start playing games on the harder settings only to get stuck and regret it later on, and then end up starting over on an easier setting just to get a good feel and better understanding of those games. I' ve never been that type of player. I replay all games that I enjoy, so if I beat a game that I really enjoyed on easy, I will surely try the more challenging difficulty settings afterwards. But if a game Sucks, at least I can get the experience over as painlessly as possible on Easy without adding any more frustrations to the experience, and then quickly shelve that sucker once that one playthrough is over.
I guess in a way, Easy modes can be great practice modes -- i.e. Contra 4, etc..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 Jun 08 4:35:58 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 16:27
Stupid fucking worm boss on chapter 9
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 16:41

Stupid fucking worm boss on chapter 9

pussy
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 22:23
F.UCK MENTOR...

If you hate those rocket f!ckers in Warrior... You' ll want to kill yourself in Mentor...

These stupid f@cking @nus sons of bitches, roll in packs of 3-5 ON THE FIRST
F@CKING LEVEL!!!

Now, just imagine that, plus cyber Ninjas with annoying guns with stopping power
down a narrow corridor, with your Dragon Sword at level 1...

I remember dying & then coming back to the same spot, only to see TEN of those
rocket whores on ONE balcony.... PLUS Cyber Ninjas!! I thought to myself.... this is
a friggin glitch!

Someone seriously f@cked up in the f@cking head could make that.. Did Team
Ninja just make the game and say.... f@ck it?

As Quez said in Private Chat, he wants to:

Sit Itagaki down, tie him to a chair & ask him to complete the game on Warrior
without dying once.. And if he doesn' t he' ll cut him..

He then also went on to say " I' m not a psychopath."

Well, on the LeaderBoard, I am 1st on my friends list, but 182nd in the
world.. and dropping every day... I' ll probably only stay in the top 500 Ninja
Gaiden 2 players.
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 22:45
Due to the sheer amount of slowdown, bugs and glitches i think we can safely say that the game was rushed to release because Itagaki was leaving the company.
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 00:33
I can' t beat the last boss on chapter 9 in path of a warrior difficulty. Those 2 giant bird are not the problem is the other smaller blue birds. They keep running me over. I die five times and I finally gave up. I just don' t see myself winning.
When I am aiming with the arrows to shoot the bird then comes one of the blue bird and run me over that pisses me off. I really want to beat path of the warrior because I want to try the hard mode. But I don' t think I' m going to complete path of the warrior. Team ninja really like frustrated the players in ninja gaiden games.
They put you in a situation in a game that seem impossible to accomplish.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 00:38

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Due to the sheer amount of slowdown, bugs and glitches i think we can safely say that the game was rushed to release because Itagaki was leaving the company.

That being said is the game still worth buying? I still have the $100 giftcard from Best Buy I got with the PS3 and am going to use part of it for MGS and the rest for Ninja Gaiden I think.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 11:18

That being said is the game still worth buying? I still have the $100 giftcard from Best Buy I got with the PS3 and am going to use part of it for MGS and the rest for Ninja Gaiden I think.
So you got to keep the giftcard, even though you took the PS3 back?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 13:47
Sadly no. They gave me a full refund minus $100 and let me keep the giftcard. So I got a full refund but have to spend $100 of it at Best Buy.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 20:34
Wow those demon dogs in the start of level 2 or one of the more ridicolous enemies i ever witnessed in a game! explosive knives, fucking sad
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 21:41

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Wow those demon dogs in the start of level 2 or one of the more ridicolous enemies i ever witnessed in a game! explosive knives, ***ing sad

The Ninja Dogs are badass. You just suck.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 21:44

The Ninja Dogs are badass. You just suck.

lol
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 22:20
This game hasnt made a great impression so far, I only got to play about 30 mins on the warrior setting, didnt complete chapter one but I dunno how long those are meant to be, got to the tower bit though where you running up the stiars to get to that stupid bitch.

Anyway, what the hell is wrong with the camera? it makes the game 10 times more difficult then it should be, its pulled so far back you cannot see where you are running, nevermind the fact it is always getting stuck behind something.. and the slowdown... when it happens you will know it, its running smooth and then it suddenly drops 15 fps for no real reason.. I dunno but I will play it more, I enjoyed the Sigma demo and DMC4 better so far, but that may be becuase the ps3 pad is superior for these fighters.

I will update and see how it goes though...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 10, 2008 22:33
I am very surprised to hear that some of you are experiencing slowdown, because I haven' t noticed it at all so far. As for the camera, it is not as bad as some reviewers made it out to be, not even close. I agree that the camera can get stuck behind some walls or other obstructions once in a while, but this happens so infrequently that it is barely noticeable. Add to that the fact that unlike DMC4, NGII allows you to move and rotate the camera 360, it makes the " camera problems" even more negligible.

Anyway, I am having an absolute blast playing through NGII even if some of the bosses are hard as f.uck to beat (or I just suck bad). This game has made me finally put in DMC4 and play through that at the same time, and doing so has made me really notice how much easier the difficulty is on DMC4 compared to NGII. As for the demon dogs, I found that the Dragon Sword, Shuriken combo works pretty good against them. I still took my share of damage against them, but in the end those f.ucking dogs got sliced up like the bizzitches they are. (Pardon the bizzitches. I am taking an evening Ebonics class the local Community College).
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 11, 2008 00:08

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

I am very surprised to hear that some of you are experiencing slowdown, because I haven' t noticed it at all so far.

The slowdown is awful. I don' t see how you couldn' t possibly see it. It gets worse the further into the game you get too, especially when you have millions of dumbass rockets being fired at you at once.

As for the camera, it is not as bad as some reviewers made it out to be, not even close. I agree that the camera can get stuck behind some walls or other obstructions once in a while, but this happens so infrequently that it is barely noticeable. Add to that the fact that unlike DMC4, NGII allows you to move and rotate the camera 360, it makes the " camera problems" even more negligible.

I didn' t have a problem with the camera in the demo but i do in the retail game. Not in the first 2 chapters, but once you get past chapter 3 and you' re indoors and underground more... it' s atrocious.

Anyway, I am having an absolute blast playing through NGII even if some of the bosses are hard as f.uck to beat (or I just suck bad).

You' re playing on easy, which is easier than Ninja Dog in Black/Sigma. I couldn' t believe how many times you died in the first chapter

EDIT: my opinion of the game so far is that the first couple of chapters are great but the non-Ninja enemies are cheap as fuck and the werewolves, Tac-Ninja' s, mechs and bosses are all retarded.

As far as i' m concerned at the moment: Sigma > Black > Ninja Gaiden II

Against DMC: Sigma > Black > DMC3 > DMC4 > Ninja Gaiden II

Ninja Gaiden II isn' t a badgame, but the demo level was the best part so far. I liked New York too for the most part but the rest has been meh...

The new weapons are fantastic but it' s definitely not the sequel it should have been. My expectations certainly haven' t been met.
< Message edited by nitro -- 10 Jun 08 16:16:20 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 11, 2008 01:51
It couldn' t be that fu.cking hard to implement a decent camera! I wouldn' t mind the slow down too much but having a dreadful camera is just ridiculous.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 102

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message