Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2...
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 102
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 07:21
great Demo, thoroughly Enjoyed.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 12:16
now that the game is finally out. How far are you guys in the game? I' m fighting the boss in chapter 3. I couldn' t beat him but I just look at the guide in IGN and now I know what to do. But I can' t play anymore until tomorrow. because I have my 360 connected in my sister room and she went to sleep. that sucks!
< Message edited by Shin_Ishikawa -- 5 Jun 08 4:17:28 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 18:52
Ah that friggin metalworm. Yeah, he is a pain in the ass, that' s true...I even died twice or so when I was fighting against him till I figured out how to kill him. Right now I am in Chapter 6, just before the boss, but I stopped playing because it was 3 am and I needed some sleep.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 22:36

I preordered from Amazon and it says it will be here tomorrow.

Fortunately I have this to hold me over!

Chains of Olympus was the first game I bought when I finally picked up a PSP, and what a perfect first game it was.

Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 05, 2008 23:47
yeah I' m still fighting him right now. I can' t beat him he is too hard. I think I lost like 6 times already. I can' t avoid when he sends those baby worms to you. I always get hit by them and when he shoots all the electry balls that really takes alot of damage. any tips on how to beat him?

edit so yeah I just finally beat that metal worm. On my last try I was able to beat him without using any healing items. I beat him in less than 2 minutes. Is there a boss battle in each chapter? because I hate fighting bosses they are too hard.
< Message edited by shin_Ishikawa -- 5 Jun 08 16:03:52 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 06, 2008 00:34
Just played the demo. Although I like the characters in DMC4 better, the style of gameplay in NG2 is awesome! Like the little notes left behind by dead guys, talking about how they fail at being ninjas, heh, especially the one that amounts to " Must...lop...heads off!" That pretty much speaks for the whole game...
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 06, 2008 02:38
I' m kind of stuck. I just beat chapter 5 I fought a boss in the water and I defeated him. but now I am at the start of chapter 6 and I don' t know where I need to go.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 06, 2008 04:36
Haha I had the same problem XD Restart the chapter and watch the video in the beginning...it shows you where to go. You have to jump between two of those stone pillars all the way to the top.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 06, 2008 05:17
Shin, maybe you should finish the game, then post your impressions instead of posting every time you make progress.
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 06, 2008 08:19
NG2 is awesome!, can' t wait until have it!

First was one of my favorite XBOX titles beside Shenmue II.

Actually, one of the only TOP three XBOX titles for me!

Regards, Alimn
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! Impressions on page 2... - Jun 07, 2008 05:23
The best way to play is with the Japanese audio and subtitles. It makes the story far easier to swallow.

Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 07, 2008 11:18
I just finish the game tonight. I am disappointed at the ending. It was cheap and corny. This developer really need to put more effort on their game ending. While there are some games with great ending but this one sucks! We deserve better than that you know. Beating a game is not easy work. Sometimes you go through hardships when you are trying to beat a boss. There was some tough boss fight for me. but yeah even the story wasn' t that good just like the previous ninja gaiden. I wanted to see more story to the new character sonya and I wanted to see a love scene with her and ryu. lol I really like to see love scene in game story it makes it more interesting.

So yeah I really think team ninja took the gameplay to the next level. The gameplay is amazing. All the weapon are so cool especially when you enhace the weapon capability to the max level. The vigorian flair is just amazing this time My max combo was of 187 hits. I' m going to see if I can beat it on hard this time but I doubt it. Ninja gaiden II is even harder than ninja gaiden. I don' t think that not even the most hardcore players are going to able to beat this game in the hardest difficulty level.
< Message edited by shin_Ishikawa -- 7 Jun 08 3:19:09 >
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 01:56
I can' t believe some of you are playing this game on easy [:' (] Fucking weak ass bitches!

The game is amazing - but i do have some complaints...

There' s some seriously horrible slowdown. It' s not game affecting but it' s very noticible.

It also has the cheapest bosses in any game ever. They' re just annoying. Throws you can' t get out of... huge damage from attacks you can' t see or avoid. Retarded [:' (]

Also, as someone mentioned before - the graphical quality varies from level to level. Most of the time it' s gorgeous with great art design - but some stuff is just embarrassing. It' s a great game, but i see what the reviews have been getting at. Some of the issues aren' t really acceptable.

None of that stops it stomping all over DMC4 though. This game is BRUTAL
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 02:48
yeah I also encounter some seriously slowdown. And like you said nitro this bossess are really fast and powerful. It' s really hard to not get hit by their attacks.
I did play the game on the easier difficulty. I thought I was going to unlock the harder difficulty after I beat it and I din' t. I just restarted the game on normal. I made it to chapter 2 and those dogs are fucking annoying. I die a few times.,
I don' t think I' m going to able to get far in normal. This game is harder than ninja gaiden. The Ai is much smarter and the bossess are really hard. Your really up to a challenge in ninja gaiden II. but yeah this game makes DMC 4 look like shit. The gameplay is faster and more amazing. I don' t have DMC 4 though. I trade my copy after I beat the game.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 02:57
Its difficult for sure but i wouldnt call the AI ' smart' .The difficulty is basically because of the sheer number of enemies that attack you . They don' t use any strategies to speak off . Its a ton of fun none the less .
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 12:22
Started the 2nd stage and then switched to playing Bourne . I play all games on the easiest setting just to get that first playthrough out of the way with no major problems, and if I enjoy the game enough I' ll tackle the higher difficulty settings.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 15:49
I have not got the full game yet but I' ve played the demo a bit. Is it just me, or is the demo stupidly easy? Using any sort of heals is unnecessary. Is Acolyte difficulty too much of a breeze in the full game? Is warrior more like the normal difficulty in NG Black?
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 21:57

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

I have not got the full game yet but I' ve played the demo a bit. Is it just me, or is the demo stupidly easy? Using any sort of heals is unnecessary. Is Acolyte difficulty too much of a breeze in the full game? Is warrior more like the normal difficulty in NG Black?

Acolyte is easier than Ninja Dog in Black and Warrior is harder than Normal. I managed to hit Chapter 8 on Warrior with my deaths coming only from the cheap bosses but i' m getting raped but the rockets firing fuckers. It' s not that it' s hard, ...it' s that it' s seriously unfair. There' s a heavy emphasis on using the bow in this cheapter and i don' t like it. I managed to get to the first checkpoint after the rediculous opening section but now i have turrets firing at me and no cover. I am being forced to use the bow - Ninpo won' t work
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 08, 2008 23:42

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Started the 2nd stage and then switched to playing Bourne . I play all games on the easiest setting just to get that first playthrough out of the way with no major problems, and if I enjoy the game enough I' ll tackle the higher difficulty settings.

yeah me too. I laways play a new game on the easiest difficulty setting. I don' t like to be challenge in a game. But I do try harder difficulty after I beat the games.
hey terry does that means that your going play MGS 4 on very easy? I been playing all MGS games on very easy. but this time I' m going to go for easy difficulty.
< Message edited by shin_Ishikawa -- 8 Jun 08 15:43:33 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 demo up!!! - Jun 09, 2008 00:26

yeah me too. I laways play a new game on the easiest difficulty setting. I don' t like to be challenge in a game. But I do try harder difficulty after I beat the games.
hey terry does that means that your going play MGS 4 on very easy? I been playing all MGS games on very easy. but this time I' m going to go for easy difficulty.

You can bet your life on the fact that the first time I play through Metal Gear Solid 4 it will be on the easiest difficulty setting .. If I enjoy the game enough to beat it several times I' ll play the higher difficulty settings. Such was the case with games like,
Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Star Soldier (PSP), Viewtiful Joe for the DS, and Yattaman DS, I beat those games on their easiest and hardest setting. I beat Metal Gear Ac!d 2 about 15 times, I was SO addicted to that friggin game!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8 Jun 08 16:28:09 >
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 102

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread