Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)...
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 121 to 140 of 151
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 21:07
Should finally be getting my replacement tomorrow since the bastards sent me a dented DVD!

Dunno if the MP will be as good on PC though, since I wont get to join in with you guys.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 17, 2007 00:00
So yesterday I finally got my 360 back and I was able to dive into the SP in COD4.

I just have to say that the mission on the cargo ship at the not so beginning of the game, was fantastic!!!!! I was amazed at how impressive everything looked as we were flying in the helicopter. The rain, the wind, the waves, the lightning, the sound, everything was top notch.

Now at the end of this mission when you have to race to the deck and jump for the helicopter, my adrenaline was just pumping!!!! IW did a great job with this, because I felt as though I was there, and as I stated, my adrenaline was pumping hard as I was trying to escape the sinking ship. This leads me to something IW did that was very subtle, but added to the suspense. When the ship rocks to one side, your character will be thrown to that side of the ship as you are running. When you regain your balance, your character will keep running but at an angle depending on how the ship is rocking. This adds to the difficulty in getting off of the ship, as the rocking of the ship makes it tough for you to keep your balance. It might be something that most of you think is minor, but this subtlety really impressed me, and it was a great way to start off the game.

Right now, this stands as the nicest looking game out on any console to date IMHO.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 17, 2007 02:30
I' m trying to get the headshots for each weapon. Actually I' m going after all the challenges. Normally I don' t care about Acheivements and all that nonsense but i care with COD4. Getting 150 Headshots with assault rifles takes a long time, I can only imagine how painful it will be with the shotguns (maybe the goal is more modest with the shotys). I probably won' t touch Prestige mode until next year...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 17, 2007 05:00

A 12 dollar towel?

Nah, the towel trick is temporary for most boxes. That same offer is extended to anyone else here with a 360 out of warranty, just gimme a buzz.

Getting 150 Headshots with assault rifles takes a long time

Really? The challenges they had in the beta weren' t all that bad. At least I didn' t think so.

And I believe you only need 50 or so headshots with the shotty. I could be totally wrong, but something makes me think the number was reduced (at least in the beta)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 16 Nov 07 21:08:47 >
choupolo

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 19, 2007 17:30
Finally got it and just played though the sp campaign. How good is this game? Thought the flashback level as the sniper was really well coreographed. You can really tell IW have been dying to make this game since COD1, as they said in the kikizo interview.

Looks fantastic, really engrossing, shame its finishable in a single evening. But thats only credit to how polished an experience it is.

Risk of being a bit cliched and simple with the story, but defo contender for GOTY.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Nov 07 9:31:58 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 19, 2007 23:40
Damn I dont get why it took so long for the Kikizo crew to get online and killin eachother. Damn shame Majik can' t get in easily.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 00:01

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Damn I dont get why it took so long for the Kikizo crew to get online and killin eachother. Damn shame Majik can' t get in easily.

I don' t know what the problem is either. Only Halo 3 and CoD4 have given me problems, everything else works fine. My router is configured correctly, i have a 20 meg line, i always pause my downloads when i' m playing online... i don' t understand it but i' m putting it down to server problems.

I think i' m working from home tomorrow which would mean i' d be on late tonight and would probably be able to play with you guys. But i need to check. I' ll be playing with Quez either way, ...the guy' s a god.
Mass X

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 00:24
Its seems to work fine when yer the party leader. Maybe the update will somehow clear things up also.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 00:27

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Its seems to work fine when yer the party leader. Maybe the update will somehow clear things up also.

We' ll try again tonight and i' ll host to minimize the problems. IW said there will be two updates and the errors won' t be fixed in the first, so i guess we' ll see...
choupolo

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 03:25
Hey majik did you ever complete Epilogue on Veteran?? I didn' t know what that meant until I just tried it!

Cant get past the first room on the second floor before I run out of time..
Mass X

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 03:29
Epilogue was fun and out of nowhere. Took quite a few tries but once get the motions just right yer set.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 03:53
just beat the game , credits are roling and i' m listening to that rap song, good idea. shit wtf there is another mission, ok so that the plane i' ve seen in trailers, i' ve been wondering where is that and i ended up thinking it' s a multiplayer map or something... anyway hold on... ok now i finaly beat the game ... bloody fantastic.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 04:02

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Hey majik did you ever complete Epilogue on Veteran?? I didn' t know what that meant until I just tried it!

No. It' s too hard. I' ve tried everything. Hell, even Quez hasn' t beaten it yet. I did it on Hardened, but Veteran is so unforgiving it' s not even funny.

I noticed in the arcade/mission mode that there are other levels greyed out. Do you have to beat the game on veteran to unlock them? Anybody?
< Message edited by Majik -- 19 Nov 07 20:02:22 >
choupolo

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 05:12
Damn that' s going to get confusing! Gonna have to try different names to try to catch you out.

Those greyed out missions, FNG, The Coup, Aftermath etc, are just cutscenes as far as I remember...right?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 07:27

ORIGINAL: choupolo

The bit on the plane? Next time I' ve got a copy I' ll give it a whack. It can' t be that hard can it?

I finished the 360 version on Saturday, and got about 2 hours of game time in with the PS3 version.

Some minor notes to make regarding the differences between the two.

While Infinity Ward said the game runs at a rock solid 60 frames per second. I noticed in the more exciting moments in the 360 version what looks like a drop in framerate. It' s an incredibly brief skipping sort of thing that pops up more than I' d like. I didn' t catch that on the PS3 version, and I was looking for it then. However the game being as fantastic as it is, it doesn' t bother me, and wouldn' t be a factor in the purchase.

Much like Rainbow Six: Vegas, the color palette cooler on the PS3 version is cooler. Some people say it looks washed out, but I prefer it to be honest. I was slightly disappointed in both versions, as they did seem to be the running theme in palette. Middle-Eastern levels were brown, Russian levels were blue.

The biggest difference I noticed was the absence of rumble in the PS3 version. Perhaps it was because I hadn' t played much of anything on the PS3 since before launch (at least hadn' t sat down for an hour or so), but it felt a little lacking without the movin' s & the shakin' s!
choupolo

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 07:47

The bit on the plane? Next time I' ve got a copy I' ll give it a whack. It can' t be that hard can it?

Hardened is good fun, but to do veteran mode in under a minute, you' d need to have the skills of john rambo and headshot everyone shooting from the hip while sprinting.

Got 72750 points on the arcade mode for that level though, beat that!

Much like Rainbow Six: Vegas, the color palette cooler on the PS3 version is cooler. Some people say it looks washed out, but I prefer it to be honest. I was slightly disappointed in both versions, as they did seem to be the running theme in palette. Middle-Eastern levels were brown, Russian levels were blue.

I think the PC version is more towards the PS3 hue as well. I prefer it too.

< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Nov 07 23:53:01 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 07:49
Is there an achievement to do it? I won' t bother unless there' s some way to prove it.
choupolo

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 07:54
I' ll send you a cookie. I dunno about the achievements tbh, as I opted out.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 08:00
I love the scopes, they reflect better than they do in real life!
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 20, 2007 08:46
Yup, it has it' s very own achievement. I want it!
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 121 to 140 of 151

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message