Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 reviews/impressions
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 133
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 08:28

Dude... he goads people because he knows they' re stupid enough to fall for it. He gets a reaction too, every single time because people are dumb enough to fall for it. It' s all in good fun. If he were a real fanboy we would have flamed him off the forums already.

Edit: I might be renting it this week!

dude he is a real fanboy, you think he' s not " that" stupid to make such arguments but indeed he is a fanboy, he doesn' t wanna make people " fall for it" ...

that' s like when a crazy person says " hey i say what i want, i' m a crazy guy" , that crazy sends a message but if it is too much , then hey i' m just a fanboy.. i don' t know if you get the idea , quez don' t play that game with me , you' re a fanboy to the balls.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 08:38
Anyone completed the SP campaign yet? Got it this morning and played for about 3 and a half hours and have gone through the portal, and I am at the stage of finding the LZ.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 11:03
One question about Halo 3 and this will make or break the purchase for me. Is the first-person view the ONLY viewpoint in the game or are there other options? For example, Unreal Tournament I believe had both a first person view point AND a third person view point. Something like that was appealing to me.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 12:05

One question about Halo 3 and this will make or break the purchase for me. Is the first-person view the ONLY viewpoint in the game or are there other options?

Depends what weapon you have. Typically it is first person, but if you pick up a turret, missle pod, flamethrower, or grav-hammer it switches to 3rd.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 12:32

MC is still a knucklehead, I just cant relate to him as a character.

When can we ever relate to videogame characters? 99% of them are 1 dimensional. However Chief actually has a lot more depth in the books, after readign them you understand him when you play the games. Instead of just listening to cheap dialogue you can hear what he would be thinking.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 17:06
I got in late and played until about 3am this morning (it' s 8:50 now, i was up at 6). I played for about 4 hours, passed through the portal and then decided to check out the Theatre mode.

Taking screenshots is more fun than anybody who hasn' t tried it could possibly imagine. The sheer number of options and freedom you have is insane. I took a handful of badass screenshots, saved them and connected to XBL to upload them. The problem is that i don' t think you can upload them to bungie.net if you' re not connected to XBL when you take them, ...meaning i' ll have to zip back through the video of the level and retake them.

The most impressive thing is that it records everything. I went into recent games and was blown away that it' d recorded me playing every level. They' re only stored temporarily but you can save them to your library and then have access to them permanently. The " video" files are only like 1.5 meg too which is awesome, and the screenshots ate like 180kb which makes the sharing aspect that much easier.

It' s a littel disappointing that you can' t upload video' s to the net and can only share between friends, but since it' s not actually " video" and is just code that uses the person watching it' s game assets it' ' s understandable.

Anyway, Mass has started a halo 3 screenshot thread which i' ll be posting my stuff in tomorrow night (i' m out tonight) once i' ve re-taken them.
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 18:19
So your at the same point as I am then Nitro and in the same time as well. Anyone know what the estimated length of time to complete is, I will so pissed if it 12 hours or something stupid like that.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 19:28
On easy and normal alone probably like 5 hours... Heroic and Legendary alone...maybe double. It aint all that long really...yeah yer gonna be pissed. Goes even quicker with co-op.
Nitro

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 19:43

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I will so pissed if it 12 hours or something stupid like that.

Why would it being 12 hours long be a bad thing?
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 20:45
I would just have expected something a bit longer seeing as Bungie have been working on this since Halo2 came out, however at the end of the day it' s all about finishing the trilogy and having that satisfaction of being able to say ' I did it' .

Just re-read my post from before, I missed out the words ' less than'
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 27 Sep 07 12:47:05 >
Nitro

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 20:52

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I would just have expected something a bit longer seeing as Bungie have been working on this since Halo2 came out, however at the end of the day it' s all about finishing the trilogy and having that satisfaction of being able to say ' I did it' .

Just re-read my post from before, I missed out the words ' less than'

Ah!

It' s definitely less than 12 hours, although it depends what difficulty your playing on. I' m playing through Heroic, and then i' ll play through Legendary (probably with Quez), but the 4-player online co-op and the theatre mode will add massively to the replay value of the campaign. I expect to lose countless hours taking screenshots and recording video clips... Then there' s the multiplayer (sorry i ignored your invite last night Mass, i was trying out the screenshot stuff)
Nitro

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 20:59
I just want to add that Floodgate blew me away. The level started proper and i could have easily have mistaken it for the Killzone 2 E32007 demo level. Amazing!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 21:04
I prefer FPS games around 15 hours in length, rpgs should be 25+ preferably 35+
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 27, 2007 23:58
Woah, Edge gave Halo 3 10/10. (Sorry Ginj. Metroid Prime 3 just scored 7)Now that' s quite a surprise, considering they gave Bioshock 8 or 9 points.

Anyway, I' ve beaten it tonight (coop on legendary with a buddy) and damn, it was real fun. If you expected something that was much different then previous Halo games you' ll be pissed, but if you expect Halo 3 to build on the foundation of Halo 1 and 2 you' ll be very happy. I haven' t tried out the MP, though. My XBL subscription ended about a month ago and I didn' t buy me a new subscription yet. Anyway, Halo 3 is definitely the best game in the series!
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 27 Sep 07 16:47:18 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 28, 2007 04:16
Played last night with some friends and there is such a variety of things to try out we spent quite a while just talking about what we wanted to do next. We played a few custom games, including a variant of Crazy King that I made in Forge on a map with perpetually flying and dropping fusion cores all over the place. Co-op multiplayer was a lot of fun, and a decent challenge with three players on Legendary. Then we tried a Forge game on Sandtrap with maximum speed, minimum gravity. Just throwing tanks at each other and beating the hell out of each other with gravity hammers. We spent 50 minutes in that game alone, just trying out every option we could think of. It' s ridiculously fun!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 28, 2007 14:31
Well, CoD4 beta is great and all, and though I played some BioShock and thought the little I played was great, and even if I believe both Metroid 3 and Mass Effect will be really REALLY great games, I think it' ll be really hard for any of them to match the level of fun I' ve had the past 48 hours with Halo 3.

Vote Halo 3 4 Game of the Year! Wohoo!

BTW: Cortana stabs Master Chief in the end, then sleeps with the Albatross!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 28, 2007 15:44
I thought the first couple levels of Halo 3 were kinda boring, but once you start getting to use vehicles and stuff it owned face. I' ve only beaten around 5 levels though, most of it today. Multiplayer has been taking up pretty much all of my free time. Yesterday I was an 18 and I think I' m a 22 or somthing now in team slayer.

I really like the prefer good connection option. Although there are still some games with a bit of lag, the lag is considerably less of a problem than it was in Halo 2.
Nitro

RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 28, 2007 16:21

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Played last night with some friends and there is such a variety of things to try out we spent quite a while just talking about what we wanted to do next. We played a few custom games, including a variant of Crazy King that I made in Forge on a map with perpetually flying and dropping fusion cores all over the place. Co-op multiplayer was a lot of fun, and a decent challenge with three players on Legendary. Then we tried a Forge game on Sandtrap with maximum speed, minimum gravity. Just throwing tanks at each other and beating the hell out of each other with gravity hammers. We spent 50 minutes in that game alone, just trying out every option we could think of. It' s ridiculously fun!

The Gravity Hammer pwns! It' s like...

< Message edited by NITRO -- 28 Sep 07 8:22:00 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 28, 2007 16:48
the inevitable map packs need to bs realeased asap! i want to create mooooore! hell they should update aaaaallllll the previous halo maps i dont even need new ones. they need to make an urban warzone type map also, flying and driving round thzt would be fun.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3 reviews/impressions - Sep 29, 2007 02:50
Yes,I mean I must be a fanboy because I agree with gamespot,IGN,gametrailers,gamespy,Edge,Eurogamer,gamepro,Gamereactor.

Hahaha.

TO BAD BUT I WON THIS ONE AGAIN noobs.
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 133

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message