Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 17:20
But GT4 just looks a bit more real. I guess from a technical aspect DOA is better, and I do personally like the graphics more. GT4 just has a different style.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 22:26
I agree Rampage..

I do feel that DOA does have a more animated coating in it' s graphics. On the contrary, GT4 seemed picture perfect to me. Although there were some jaggy issues..

But, yes, those carboard cut-out audiences in GT4 take away the full graphic appeal, but the car-models are nothing short of ultra-realistic.

GT4 versus PGR or Forza seems like a more logical comparison. In that case, GT4 is first one out. I still think PGR2 has better graphics than Forza. What do you think?
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 24 Jul 05 6:31:56 >
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 22:37
Forza looked nice but not as nice as I was expecting. PGR definately beats out Forza. I really haven' t had much play time with GT4 to really compare it to PGR2 either. Hell, I' ve played very little of both.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 22:47
Realistic does not equal better though, personally I still very much prefer the fantasy-like visual style of Namco' s Ridge Racer V over Gran Turismo 3 and even 4. Namco' s games have pretty cool art direction a lot of times. While the Gran Turismo games utilize a much more realistic visual style the designers seem to just pay attention to the main graphical elements such as the cars and scope of the backgrounds but either ignore minor little details OR just ran out of available power.

Now if Sony let Namco develop Gran Turismo 5, hehe I' m sure you' d see plenty of little background details like helicopters flying by, airplanes taking off, Jin Kazama getting his a$$ kicked in the background, and much more.
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 22:51
I guess you' re right. Well that means the PS2 has yet to make a title look better than DOA3, an Xbox launch title.
Terry Bogard

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 22:55

Well that means the PS2 has yet to make a title look better than DOA3, an Xbox launch title.

One PS2 game DOES look better and that game is Dance Dance Revolution
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 08:26
Yeah dude, DDR is totally the best looking game out there....
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 10:35
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 12:01
It' s a freaki' n game man
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 13:21
Wow, thats a relevent statement. Maybe you should use the " quote" feature when you reply to a post on an earlier page. And yes, DDR is a great looking game, but it will never compare to Midway Arcade Treasures.
Terry Bogard

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 14:12

And yes, DDR is a great looking game, but it will never compare to Midway Arcade Treasures.

Forget that, Konami Arcade Game Collection for the GBA is where it' s AT as far as video game graphics go. That game will make you go " Halo WHO?? Dead or Alive
Ultimate WHAT??"
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 15:11
Pac-Man made me wet my pants when I first saw it. Those ghosts looked so damn real! that was the best survival horror game ever!!!! Damn those life like graphics. the nightmares that game caused...
Terry Bogard

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 15:15

Those ghosts looked so damn real! that was the best survival horror game ever!!!!

LOL!
That just proves that Capcom is full of crap about Resident Evil establishing the survival horror genre, it was Pac-Man all along!!
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 15:19
It was Pac-Man! Don' t let anyone tell you different.
Terry Bogard

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 15:30
Back when I first played Resident Evil 4 there was something very familiar about the game but I just couldn' t my finger on just what it was at the time. Now that I think about it, the game seemed to be heavily influenced by Pac-Man. The way you' re involved in a non-stop chase with no place to hide until you clear an area was definitely a Pac-man influence.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 17:16
i really like the ps3 graphics.i think the ps3 will have the best graphics.i cant wait to get the ps3
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 24, 2005 23:12

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Back when I first played Resident Evil 4 there was something very familiar about the game but I just couldn' t my finger on just what it was at the time. Now that I think about it, the game seemed to be heavily influenced by Pac-Man. The way you' re involved in a non-stop chase with no place to hide until you clear an area was definitely a Pac-man influence.

Yeah then every now and then you find a gun or ammo and that' s like the power ups in Pac-Man. You finally have a chance to fight back. Resident evil is such a rip off of Pac-Man.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 25, 2005 01:23
Well, I have yet to see an Xbox game that really beats DOA3 or DOAU in the graphics department, let alone a ps2 one. However, Namco and Sega are much better at designing characters and it shows when you compare DOA to their fighting game franchises. The backgrounds are still untouchable.
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 25, 2005 09:39

ORIGINAL: dismiss

Well, I have yet to see an Xbox game that really beats DOA3 or DOAU in the graphics department, let alone a ps2 one.

What?! Splinter Cell 3! Gah!
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 25, 2005 15:47
Riddick' s look better to me though not as vivid, well actually they only look better if you think realistic is better. I think Resident Evil 4 has good graphics also I mean did you see the water when your in the boat fighting the monster and also when it' s raining right after that.

Anyway I hope Revolution does have the best graphics,but I think the Xbox 360 most likely will (I dislike sony game systems although the ps3 actually looks worthy, but im still not gonna buy one).
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message