Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 84
Jackelcy Dumas

• Total Posts : 58
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:17
I' ll say what I mean when time is right.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:31
I only wrote that stupid shit so yu guys could answer because we all know everyone likes to be a smart ass, am I right.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:41
Correct!!

Anyway, I firmly believe the Revolution will have the best graphics. That is my individual hypothesis, and I don' t appreciate anybody telling me I' m incorrect, or my opinions are invalid, because afterall, I don' t know any less about these damn systems than anybody in these forums, so just let me be (Rampage), and respect my insight, because I respect everybody else' s.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:46
Do you think Nintendo On is real? If it is Nintendo won the War.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:48
The expressions on your faces right now is priceless. YOu know who you are.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 20:51
Actually, you know what?

Microsoft and Sony put up numbers that supposedly tell you how powerful a system is. 3.2 GHZ. Three processors, etc. etc. But you know what, those are parts of the great art of first impression. How much of those numbers are you going to see on screen? Will you tell the difference between 5.4 GHZ and 3.2 GHZ on the damn TV? No. Just like we didn' t see a difference between 733 MHZ and 300 MHZ this generation. So, okay, we can flaunt numbers, but you know what? Is that going to make a game more fun? If Revolution' s core power ran at about 2 GHZ processing processor, would Zelda all of a sudden become more fun than if it ran on a 1 GHZ processor? Nope, and that is why I' m sick of this. Comparing numbers is fun, but what I' m seeing on my TV is far more coherent.

And yes, Rampage, you do have a point I' ll admit, but I still stand by my opinion, because it' s based on what I think, not what others suspect. Or maybe I' m stubborn, I don' t know...

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 22:21
Im sure some numbers to mean somthing tho. Like Polygon count or pixals or somin somthing you will notice on a TV. Loadtimes and objects on screen moving seamlessly and looking very smooth is somthing you will see and the numbers have a big impact on that I assume somhow. Yer gonna notice if yer playing an Atari as opposed to a system of today, and looking at the specs for atari compared to now the numbers are gonna mean somthing...ok a bit og a drastic example but good enough.

I dont know shit about any of that tech anatomy stuff so i could be completly wrong here.

BTW my opinion on best graphics is withheld until i see the finished products cuz theirs way to many factors to get even a remote idea on graphic power of the systems(developer time, real numbers, etc). Im quite sure it wont be insanly noticable like it was in this gen tho and as it goes it really didnt matter as shown by the sales numbers, the weaker of the systems still dominated...cursed highschool popularity contests...

shite its late so im pretty much just rambling on and on ill cut my self off now/
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 19, 2005 22:23
Probably stubborn, lol. I' m the same way though.Have your opinion by all means. I just think you need to look into stuff a lot more before you form your solidified opinion.There is a chance your opinion will turn out right, but from the facts that are out there it seems unlikely. I was just trying to make that clear. I' ll drop the topic now.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 20, 2005 18:43

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: Jason Zeidan

I believe the Revolution will have the best graphics. We don' t know what the graphics look like anyway (and that Metroid 3 demo was said to run on GCN hardware), but it' s coming out last, and it' s an industry rule (to me, anyway) that the console that launches last should have the best graphics. I know the Xbox 360 will have the worst visuals, though.

Again, it' s too early to make a verdict, but making guesses is fun!!

Please don' t speak anymore...

LMFAO

Aahh good times!

Just like we didn' t see a difference between 733 MHZ and 300 MHZ this generation.

Are you kidding? If you can' t see the difference between the PS2s graphics and the Xbox' s graphics then you need eyeball implants! But I digress.

The fact of the matter is that the PS3 and Xbox 360 will have very similar graphic capabilities, and the Revolution will come in third (based on SUPPOSED promise). I think that art direction has more impact (for me, anyway) than graphics. Look at God of War. Technically speaking, it' s not as advanced as, say, Splinter Cell on the Xbox, but I had SOOOO much more fun playing it, because, artistically speaking, it is superb!

In other words, there' s something to be said for realism, but it CAN be overdone. Just depends on the genre, I suppose. In a racing game, I want realism. In a platformer, I do not.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 20, 2005 18:57
Alright..

But really, on a standard view, PS2, GC and XB graphics are almost completely identical. I have a GC and an Xbox, and in games like Soul Calibur 2, you can' t tell much difference between them. There are textured superiority in Xbox games than PS2 games, but to casual and mainstream consumers, 128 bit graphics are 128 bit graphics. In other words, the same.

Can people stop micro-analyzing every single word I say!? I know my diction isn' t perfect, but give me a break. ( I sound alot more intelligent using my mouth than my keyboard.)
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 09:08
I also agree with rampage, and i think PS3 is out. If there' s a design, it' s in XBox360. If there' s something i dont know a thing, it' s Revolution.
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 12:48

Alright..

But really, on a standard view, PS2, GC and XB graphics are almost completely identical. I have a GC and an Xbox, and in games like Soul Calibur 2, you can' t tell much difference between them. There are textured superiority in Xbox games than PS2 games, but to casual and mainstream consumers, 128 bit graphics are 128 bit graphics. In other words, the same.

Can people stop micro-analyzing every single word I say!? I know my diction isn' t perfect, but give me a break. ( I sound alot more intelligent using my mouth than my keyboard.)

You are comparing multiplatform games though. A game that is on all three systems will not take advantage of any of the consoles. The only way to compare graphics of consoles is to take the best looking game on each console and compare them.

Splinter Cell 3 womps any game in graphics on any system. There is no game that beats it. The best looking game on the GC is easily RE4. That game looked incredible. I' m still in awe of that game. It still doesn' t meet up with SC3 though. then finally the PS2' s best looking game is GT4. Austounding looking game mainly because of the great textures used. Sadly as far s the PS2 is concerned, GT4 is the only PS2 game that looks better than DOA3 an DOA3 was a launch title for the Xbox. That says a lot.

the Xbox definately had the graphical edge this generation. It won' t have that supporting it next gen though. While tech heads believe the GPU is more powerful in the 360 than the PS3 it' s not not so huge that the 360 will look a huge amount better. In all reality this next gen will be a level playing field in terms of graphics with the slight possibility that the Revolution not quite being on par(but still really good). Next gen will be built around excusives and console features like online play and stuff like that. We really won' t see a massive jump in graphics for another 4 to 5 years. By then we will see stuff as good as the Killzone demo.Right now it just isn' t possible. Developers haven' t had the time to fgure out the hardware yet. Just wait until they figure out how to use all three cores in tandum on the 360(when running in tandum it' s equal to a 9.6 GHz processor) and they find out how much of a help that embedded ram is on the ATi card. That' s when we are going to see graphical jumps. Same goes for the PS3 and the cell processor(as over rated as I think it is. It reminds me of the emotion engine, and we saw how well that turned out).

I' m expecting the first few years of next gen to have pretty good graphics but all three consoles being close to equal. 5 years down the road is another story. Developers are making games for super computers now. These aren' t just old computer parts anymore.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 17:01
Yep, see I was going to point that out as well. You have to compare the best-looking games on each system. But hey, GT4 trounces DOA3 and possibly Ultimate also. It looks incredible. But I believe that comparing the best looking games on each platform is the way to go..

P.S: You like Chaos Theory way too much. Por Que?
Rampage99

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 17:19

P.S: You like Chaos Theory way too much. Por Que?

Quite simply because it is the best game ever. It has the best graphics of any game to date. It has the perfect blend of action and stealth elements. The audio is astounding. The co-op is addicting. Then there' s that little thing called spies vs. mercs. I can' t really find any flaws with the game. It' s just incredible.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 17:28
You DARE question Rampage' s love for Splinter Cell?? I guess you don' t value your life
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 21, 2005 17:28
And the soundtrack is fuckn awesome!
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 22, 2005 03:20
It' s definitely the best in the Splinter Cell series, but I think it' s a bit lacking in fun. Good game, but a bit " flat" for me. Then again, I' m not the kind of gamer who appreciates realism (or stealth in general, for that matter). Graphics-wise it' s almost flawless, but there are a few rough spots, such as character animation. Otherwise, it' s very impressive. Fantastic textures, no annoying tearing like in PT. If this kind of stuff is possible on a geforce3/4, I wonder what PC devs are doing with all that extra power they get to play with.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 22, 2005 10:38
LOL..

Yeah, Splinter Cell 3 is pretty amazing. It lacks any major (or minor) flaws, and it' s really amazing. The graphics are phenominal, but you can' t get to appreciate it fully because it' s so dark. Maybe with the green goggles (whatever they' re called), but the folks at Ubi shouldn' t have made the environment so black...

Great game though...
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 22 Jul 05 18:39:20 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 14:25
GT4 trounces DOAU!?!?!?!?!?! what kind of joke is that? DOAU crushes GT4 in terms of graphics. Especially when you play on a good TV/Monitor. Maybe you could think GT4 beats DOAU when you are playing on a 2 inch black and white TV, but there is definently something wrong with you if you think GT4 beats DOAU graphics.
And by the way if you want to compare racing game graphics, how about GT4 versus PGR2..... GT4 is crushed.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Which Next Gen system do you think will have the best graphics? - Jul 23, 2005 14:52
Dead or Alive Ultimate has lots of interactivity, I just don' t think Gran Turismo 4 can compete with those visuals. There' s no damage modeling and It has flat/cardboard cutout spectators, and not all of them animate. The backgrounds while a bit realistic, are pretty static. Dead or Alive' s backgrounds are rife with activity at times.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message