Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 47, messages 41 to 60 of 925
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 04, 2005 12:56
Ok, I recently watched a pile of movies, some are so crappy and embarassing that I cannot even mention them here. Of the ones I can mention I will say the following. K-19 the Widowmaker was quite good. I' m a sucker for submarine movies, but this one is different because it' s not the typical sub vs. sub movie. Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkabaam I think is now my favorite of the trilogy. The filming technique is just great. Somethings gotta give was not my pick, but alas I was forced to watch it anyways. The movies not that great, and nothing really sticks out except that you see a completely naked 50 something dianne keaton. Now weather that' s good or bad, you decide. On New Years I watched Saved (starring everyones favorite Home alone child star turned drug addict Mr. Culkin!), and didn' t like it. WE also watched a movie called The Ranch which was picked soley on the level of gratuitous nude shot' s promised by the back of the box. Surprisingly it wasn' t that bad. finally I watched Return of the King EE, and man, was that worth it. The extra footage in this movie way more than the previous 2 really makes an already excellent movie that much better. The mouth of Sauron scene whould never EVER have been cut from the original, it' s so cool.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 16, 2005 09:47
Napoleon Dynamite -- (sleeper movie) -- not many people know of this movie, but it is worth checking out. Keep in mind that it' s like watching someone' s home movie -- don' t expect fast paced action. I loved it!

Thunderbirds -- well, what can I say -- the kids thought it was cool.

The Big Lebowski -- great movie (be warned ***language***).

Invader Zim (disc 1 of 6 - Season 1) -- hilarious! Anyone who loves cartoons as much as my family does must get this collection. Zim is an alien who has come to Earth with the intention of evading and wiping out the humans. Must see!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 16, 2005 11:39
I rented Baby Geniuses 2 for my three kids...

It' s Ok, but not as good as the first one...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 16, 2005 11:46
On Napolean Dynamite: I just bought a Napolean Dynamite shirt. It' s got the " liger" on it saying, " 1. Bred for magic. 2. Pretty much my favorite animal." .

I got a chance to watch House of the Flying Daggers at the theatre two days ago. It' s a pretty damn good movie, and is a lot better than Hero IMO. The story just seems to flow at a better pace and it doesn' t do a lot of backtracking like Hero.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 16, 2005 11:49
Ahg I wish Nickolodean didnt cancel Invader Zim...they thought it was pushing the limits to much...hell I dunno why that surprises them have you looked at J. Vasquez' s comics?! So ya I have all 3 volumes of Zim and love them. Like family guy it got better and better with every episode.

I recently got the ltimate Edition of Leon the Professional and The Fifth Element newest edition. Both good as many of you should know.

And I picked up a dman good anime series called Samurai Champloon - Hilarios yet full of great action and awsome top notch animation.

Anyone who wants to see the next Jackie Chan look for the Tai movie OngBak, the actor in there is amazing, it' ll be out in the US later this year. And later on when Drunken Master 3(well maybe 4 depending if you count that non Jackie Chan DM) comes out he' ll star in there along with Jackie Chan. And speaking of Jackie Chan go see his newest Hong Kong flick The New Police Story, unlike his recent american ventures this one brings back the old school Jackie Chan doing his own stunts and also showing his dramatic side.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1/16/2005 12:08:59 PM >
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 17, 2005 14:21
Ok, going to rent Troy tonight. Do I deserve a kick in the head, or is this a good idea?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 17, 2005 14:36
I enjoyed it quite a bit actually. It' s slow in some parts (every scene with Orlando Bloom), but the fights and the dialogue (particularly Brad Pitt' s Achilles dialogue) are worth watching.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 17, 2005 21:48
Striptease. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jan 20, 2005 06:23
ok, after watching Troy I' ll say it was not bad. It starts out on a real high with a kick ass fight with Achilles and some random giant of a warrior that has a great level of coolness. Problem is the movie never reaches this level of ' spectacle' again. There are a couple of fantastic fight scenes in it, such as achillies with his shield on his abck fighting, and the fight between hector and achillies, but overall just an average movie. It tries to be Gladiator very much from the music to the setting, but does not achieve. One other thing. I actually like Brad Pitt as an actor, but geeze, he' s pretty awful in this movie.
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 01, 2005 16:15
i just finished watching Troy not to long ago, i loved the movie. it was the best movie i saw sinc AVP yeah!
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 01, 2005 18:07
I just bought the Karate Kid 4 pack set and The Grudge and the new Sealab 2021 dvd set joooooy!!!
< Message edited by Mass X -- 2 Feb 05 2:08:20 >
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 02, 2005 06:18
The karate kid!! I envy you MassX. My favorite part of that movie (part 1 that is) is when he steals his sensei' s car with his girlfriend, and when she questions him about not having his license he says " hey relax, it' s the 80' s!" Ahhhhh, nothing like a dated quote to make you laugh.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 02, 2005 06:53
i want to get the karate kid set, i also want to get mcgyver season 1....which i think would be pretty cool....

....as for movies i saw recently, just one, and that' s in good company which i actually liked quite a bit. my girlfriend hated the ending, but i liked it because.....well, i guess i' ll wait before i ruin the ending.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 03, 2005 12:33
Let' s see...

Just saw:

Baby Geniuses (the first one)
GhostBusters
The Jungle Book (with the actual kid in it)
Top Gun

Am about to see/rent:

A River Runs Through It
Lethal Weapon
Beverly Hills Cop

Been talking about seeing/renting:

Troy
AVP
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 03, 2005 12:33
We' ve been continuing to watch the Invader Zim season 1 discs (currently Progressive Stupidity) -- I cannot say enough about this cartoon - hilarious, original, gross and more hilarious!!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 03, 2005 15:38
Recently watched Saved - i enjoyed it a lot. It was interesting to watch.

I also say Clerks for the first time, that was enjoyable
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 03, 2005 16:00
The Clerks with the origional (depressing) ending?
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 04, 2005 16:28
hide and seek,blade 3, and AVP
DaRoosh65

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 10, 2005 10:28
Just bought:

Rocky and Bullwinkle: The Movie
Elmo in Grouchland
Godzilla(1994)
Muppet Movie (one of them)

These are mostly kiddie movies, but Godzilla is one of my all-time favorites!

the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 11, 2005 19:16
just bought Almost: Round Three. if you are a skateboarding fan, you gotta watch this. it' s not a movie, but a skate video....but a damn good one at that too. chris hasslam is amazing, and ryan sheckler just slays for how young he is.....and then of course there' s the great rodney mullen....oh me oh my.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 47, messages 41 to 60 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message