Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 06:31
Sometimes I don' t see the same beauty you do in Chaos Theory.... it' s too dark..

So does this love with the game imply all Splinter Cells? Or is just this one?
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 07:47
I won' t piss off the explosive device, dude...

I' ll buy Hitman: Blood Money(XB) and Far Cry: Instincts(XB)
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 09:54

ORIGINAL: Jason Zeidan

Sometimes I don' t see the same beauty you do in Chaos Theory.... it' s too dark..

So does this love with the game imply all Splinter Cells? Or is just this one?

All Splinter Cells. I love the style of gameplay and the fact that they keep raising the bar in terms of graphics. the first one took the Stealth/Action genre to a new extreem where things became very realistic and light and shodow took a huge role in the core gameplay. Many people were scared off by it' s difficulty and it' s emphasis on stealth, but I loved it. I' ve beaten that game around 15 times. The only game I' ve beaten more is Halo.

The second one looked even better visually but it wasn' t as big of a jump in graphics as the first one was. That somewhat dissapointed me. It was because a different team was working on it though.The story was also a little less angrossing compared to the other game. Luckily those few laws were completely made up for by the revolutionary online play. It was absolutely incredible. Spies vs. Mercs... I gotta start playing that again.

The third, Chaos Theory, was basically the end all of games this generation in terms of graphics. Nothing touches it. Half-Life 2... bleh, Doom3... nope. SC3 just beat the sh*t outta everything on the market. It was that original team that created the first Splinter Cell that made it possible.

Everything about the graphics was amazing. It had normal mapping which seemed impossible on the current hardware, the shdow effects were stunning, and the way things got wet and dry as characters passed between rain and cover was insane. the graphics were so good MS actually wanted Ubisoft to delay the release for the 360. Crazy. I' m scared to Imagine what Splinter Cell 4 will look like which Ubisoft has said would be out by the end of the year.

The gameplay was also opened up greatly by taking away the three alarm restriction. The stealth element was also more of an option. You could if you wanted to go around and just shoot the sh*t out of everyone. No one seems to believe that because their arguements againt the game are always " you have to be stealthy and that sucks" . SC3 completely leaves you open to shott the hell out of everyone if you feel like it. the incredible multiplayer also returned with a more polished version of the original with a ton of new maps. With all the greatness in the game, it' s hard for me to imagine how people don' t like the game.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 18:39
Yay!!!! I know why you like the game now!!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 19:17
Jason, you should feel extremely fortunate that Rampage took the time out to explain his love affair with the series, usually he shoots first and then umm, just keeps shooting I guess ;)
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 22, 2005 20:02
I' m buying Advance Wars: DS and Pac N Roll.

I just bought Advance Wars and it is awesome!!!!! This is the first strategy game I' ve ever enjoyed( I hate Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Chess and all others).
< Message edited by George Foreman -- 23 Aug 05 20:47:20 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 24, 2005 09:30
The next game I' ll be buying will hopefully be Shadow of the Collosuss. I loved ICO, I' ll admit it, and the look of this game is just amazing. Everything about it so far seems exactly what I want in a game.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 24, 2005 11:42
I will get Day of Reckoning 2(NGC) and Conflict: Global Storm (XBoX). Played both of ' em at the Games Convention and especially the new Conflict Game rocks. Clearly the XBoX Game of the GC.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 30, 2005 21:58

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Well, since I' m moving for the 3RD TIME THIS YEAR (don' t even ask!) I haven' t been able to get anything new lately. These are the games I want...

Darkwatch (Xbox)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
Psychonauts (Xbox)
Burnout: Revenge (Xbox)

Of course the 360 is another beast altogether. I' ll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Update.

I also need...

Dreamcast
Shenmue 2 (Xbox)
Ikaruga (Gamecube)

I fawned over Ikaruga before it came out, but it just kinda slipped outta my mind. As for Shunmue 2, maybe I' ll just play through the first one, and see whether I like it, first.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Aug 31, 2005 04:30
Fahrenheit!!!
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Sep 05, 2005 00:21
I just got Day of Reckoning and I think it' s awsome, the graphics are really good also but anyways I kinda want battalion wars but I might just reant it and then buy Fire and Emblem GCN then hopfully move on to the Xbox360.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Sep 05, 2005 00:24
i just preordered GTA LCS and i payed it in full.im saving money to get Smackdown VS RAW 2006
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Topic: Next Game Purchase ... Question: What' s The Next Game You Plan To Buy? - Sep 05, 2005 03:08
Oblivion for 360, possibly Black and White 2 for pc if I decide to get it.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message