Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect hits PC in May 08
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 12, 2008 21:50

Mass Effect to Land on PC in May 2008
Tuesday February 12, 8:01 am ET
Award-Winning Epic Will Be Published By EA

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading video game developer, BioWareâ„¢, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) company, has announced that the award-winning space epic Mass Effectâ„¢ will be released for the PC in May 2008. Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers a truly compelling storyline.

Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

* Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
* High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
* Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
* Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
* New decryption mini-game.
* New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

“Mass Effect serves as a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline – all set in a compelling new universe,” said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts. Frank Gibeau, President of EA’s Games Label added, “EA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future.”

Originally released for the Xbox 360â„¢ videogame and entertainment system, Mass Effect has received critical acclaim throughout the world with more than 70 awards including Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year and Role-Playing Game of the Year. Mass Effect combines a deep story with intense combat and challenges the player to make difficult decisions that can significantly impact the course of events. An innovative conversation system allows for lifelike interaction with some of the most realistic digital actors, voiced by Hollywood actors such as Seth Green, Marina Sirtis, Lance Henriksen and Keith David. Mass Effect for the PC has not yet been rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.

Sooner than expected but welcome nonetheless
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 12, 2008 22:12
I wonder who EA had do it?
Nitro

RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 12, 2008 22:22
BioWare.

It' s UE3.0 so there would have only been minimal work needed to port.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 12, 2008 22:26
Yeah. But Bioware aint that big and they have a lot of projects, if it aint that hard, its likely someone external did it.

I hope they Xbox gets the new hacking mini game
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 01:44
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 04:58
I am getting sick and tired of this complete bollocks of 360 or PS3 exclusive games only for them to come out on another format a few months later. I realise that companies have to make money however, I feel it is a little off when they give the hype of saying " This game is exclusive to ...." only to find 6 or 9 months later it is on another format, next thing you know Super Mario galaxy will be on the PC......
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 05:09

I am getting sick and tired of this complete bollocks of 360 or PS3 exclusive games only for them to come out on another format a few months later. I realise that companies have to make money however, I feel it is a little off when they give the hype of saying " This game is exclusive to ...." only to find 6 or 9 months later it is on another format, next thing you know Super Mario galaxy will be on the PC......

that' s probably true only for 360, give me uncharted on PC, not a chance...
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 05:11
You cannot say that for sure, nothing is ' exclusive' anymore.
Nitro

RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 05:57
Microsoft' s deal with the developers will be to publish the 360 versions but also allow a Games for Windows version. Gears and Mass Effect have been ported to PC and it' s likely that Halo 3 and Too Human will follow.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 06:04
Alan Wake also.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 06:36

Well Crysis make uncharted look ugly.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 06:40

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Well Crysis make uncharted look ugly.

And Crysis is yawnable.

But i digress, nice to see ME coming the PC soon, not very surprising though.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 09:38
This is one of the reasons that im not interested in the 360. Most of the few games that i like on it will come to the PC. This one is coming really fast though.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 13, 2008 17:19
I guess it must be easy to transcribe across, the graphics aren' t too taxing, most of the initial work was in the dialogue trees and plot, and that' s simple to port.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 14, 2008 00:15
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mass Effect hits PC in May 08 - Feb 14, 2008 00:22

* Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.

<gasps> Well that sold it for me! I' ll take five!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll