Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 28, 2008 18:57

Are you a big fan of the industry-dominating rhythm genre, but feel that Rock Band 2's mostly secular set listcould use a healthy dose of Jesus? Then you may want to hold off on anymajor faux rock-related purchases until September 25, when Guitar Praise: Solid Rock ships for PC and Mac.GameDaily dredged up a few details on the Digital Praise-developed game, whose equally pious brethren include Dance Praise and Solomon Says.Guitar Praise will apparently feature 52 God-approved tracks from someof the biggest acts in Christian rock, including Flyleaf, Petra,Whitecross, Skillet, Newsboys and more. Multiplayer modes were alsomentioned, allowing for a second player to hop on bass guitar orpartake in a very familiar-sounding "PowerDuel" -- involving power-upsthat screw with the opposition's performance. No word as of yet ifthese instruments will be compatible with Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but don't hold your breath.
In the face of such overwhelming competition this Fall, a niche titlelike Guitar Praise might seem like it doesn't have a prayer. Still,don't be too surprised if this thing actually sells; more than enoughparents did a spit-take when they caught their children rocking outalongside Lucifer in Guitar Hero III.We can't help but imagine the joy on little Timmy's face when he sees aguitar-shaped box under the Christmas tree, followed by the crushingdisappointment once he discovers it's Guitar Praise and not Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band 2. And Ralphie thought he had it bad with a pink bunny suit.

I needed a good laugh today.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 28, 2008 19:26
...Oh wow.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 04:10
Dont worry Brandon, Im sure someone at your parents' church will buy it and you can give it a go lol.
mastachefbkw

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 07:15
ewww. Do. Not. Want.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 10:13
There is nothing much you can say on that is there, although there are rumours of CoD 6 being based in biblical times and instead of calling in an airstrike you call in a plague of locusts....Well you never know do you?
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 10:41
and one of the perks will be to get the holy grenade of Antioch.
alijay034

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 10:48
remembering to count to 3 not 2 and 4 is a definate no no.....
mastachefbkw

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 16:46
Instead of a helicopter, God goes on a rampage and rapes the other team for 5 min. It's almost as good as the helicopter...almost.
alijay034

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 17:05
lol
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 29, 2008 20:37
Meh, I want to see Korea, Nam, The Gulf War or Bosnia in 6.

Modern Warfare is okay, but I like historically based war games more than their recent fictitious venture.
immortaldanmx

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 31, 2008 04:07
Eddie_the_Hated

Meh, I want to see Korea, Nam, The Gulf War or Bosnia in 6.

Modern Warfare is okay, but I like historically based war games more than their recent fictitious venture.

I dont love you anymore.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 31, 2008 16:05
I'm going to get this bad boy. What's wrong with you guys no one here belives in jesus. I think this will be a big hit with the church people.
immortaldanmx

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 31, 2008 19:58
mikayd2

I'm going to get this bad boy. What's wrong with you guys no one here belives in jesus. I think this will be a big hit with the church people.

Yeah, but so are fish shaped bumper stickers.
mikayd2

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Aug 31, 2008 23:55
I hated those fish bumper stickers. I hope they lower the price so I can get some type of deal on it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 01:55
Are real Christians allowed to play videogames?
immortaldanmx

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 03:25
Nitro

I cant see why not. Unless "Thou shalt not be entertained" is somewhere in the Bible.
mastachefbkw

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 03:33
Nitro

I think the definition of a "real christian" depends on the christian. I think most people confuse all christians as being like Jack Thompson. I consider myself a christian. I'm actually close friends with people that go to my church and they all play video games, even the pastors kids. My church actually opposes the stereotypical christian views, such as some churches say that you shouldn't be around non-christians unless you're shoving christianity down their throat. And especially against christians who believe they're better than other people just because they're christians. I use to have the most ignorant preacher ever. He was racist and everyone knew it. Any time an interracial couple would come to our church, he would preach against interracial marriage not too long after. One time we had visitors from Saudi Arabia and when he was preaching he said that "all ARABS wanted to kill christians just for not believing in Alah". He didn't say Muslims, he said Arabs. I don't recall the guests coming back. When he would talk about global news or politics, you could clearly see that he made up most of the shit he spewed.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 03:58
My new mission in life is to fuck as many black and asian women as humanly possible.
mastachefbkw

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 04:02
Nice. For the black women, I'd suggest going to Pulaski, Virginia. Free and easy......results may vary.
mikayd2

Re:Christian equivalent of Gutiar Hero - Sep 01, 2008 17:14
Yeah you can play games. But games like gta is kind of a no-go.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message