Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 But... the Wii can' t do 1080p!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 06:29

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

How the f*** did Emotep get the level " I love PS3" ???!?!?!?!?!

I want ' Jew' ...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 08:25

Eddie i have a fiend who own zelda on wii and he was a bit disapointed in the early levels of zelda, but then after few hours he said things start being very interesting and when he finished the game, he says its very close in quality to zelda OCT and the second best zelda he ever played. this coming from a huge zelda fan, played all of them except wind waker. so you better give a try or you' ll miss something big. don' t let the first part of the game discourage you because that' s excalty what he felt in the begining.
I might give it a shot once I get a Wii, but considering I am currently without a Gamecube.

Well dude, I took your advice, & just got back from playing another couple of hours of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

My verdict is still the same. It would be a good game if it didn' t have to live up to the zelda franchise, but in the end it didn' t wow me like WindWaker did. I will give it this, it does get better after the first 2 hours, so if you haven' t played past that I suggest you at least finish it.

As far as the graphics go, it' s true that pixel-shaders high-resolution textures a good game does not make, but the N64 couldn' t have handled WindWaker for the Gamecube. The Gamecube easily handles Twilight Princess for the Wii.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 08:53

Well dude, I took your advice, & just got back from playing another couple of hours of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

My verdict is still the same. It would be a good game if it didn' t have to live up to the zelda franchise, but in the end it didn' t wow me like WindWaker did. I will give it this, it does get better after the first 2 hours, so if you haven' t played past that I suggest you at least finish it.

well i can' t argue with you as i didn' t play the game myself, all i can say is that he said the game really take off after the first dungeons and that he thought was an awesome game , his score is 98% i remember, now this is from somebody who has a lot of experience in J rpg' s and action rpg a la zelda. He didn' t not play wind waker though, he jumped straight from Majora' s Mask to twilight which might " explain" his astonishment.

As far as the graphics go, it' s true that pixel-shaders high-resolution textures a good game does not make, but the N64 couldn' t have handled WindWaker for the Gamecube. The Gamecube easily handles Twilight Princess for the Wii.

sorry didn' t get your point, what' s your point EXACTLY.

< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 18 Jun 07 1:12:45 >
Nitro

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 09:13
That the only technologial progression is in the control method.

Question: If Nintendo had simply released the Wiimote for the Gamecube as an additional controller, how successful would it have been?
Abasoufiane

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 09:15
zero chance , nada.

That the only technologial progression is in the control method.

so? we' re criticizing twilight princess not the wii, even if the only technological progression is in the control method, it doesn' t make this zelda average to its predecessors. for me it' s not a wii game , it' s a gamecube game, with some gimmicks added STILL it' s a very good game for many people. i wish i had play it so i can give my opinion.

< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 18 Jun 07 1:19:29 >
Nitro

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 09:29

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

zero chance , nada.

Ok, so Wii, the console, is the vessel to deliver the control method. That' s fine, but without the controller it' s a Gamecube. So the question is; does the controller add enough to warrant an entire 5 year generation, on top of the 6 year old Gamecube?

Now, since we know we can have innovation AND superior hardware (see Eye of Judgement, Guitar Hero, Eye Toy, Rainbow Six: Vegas' s facemapping etc...) then what makes Wii so special?

How are Nintendo gettong away with repackaging their previous console and giving it a funky controller?
Abasoufiane

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 09:42
it' s called marketing and nintendo is getting very good at it this time around, you could explain the wii success because people see those ads and think that might be a great idea to play viodeo games with the family, parents are more encouraged to buy this console to their kids as they see it as an opportunity to have fun with them without being intimidated by regular controlers. those ads work like a charm.

then when a bunch of people buy the console, you want to get like theirs as well so can exchange games between your friends and play the same games as your friends do. if you buy a 360 and 8 of your friends have Wii, you will be marginalized. following this, success lead to even more success.

the price is also a factor.

we want to know what are the people who buy the wii, if most of them are serious gamers, then they will buy many games, we can have a look at the sell charts to analyse them, and that' s scary because you add that segment to the occasional gamers that is already sold by the wii, and you get a monumental market , all developers will be interested in.

If most of wii buyers are wanna be gamers and just passing time, which we might know if the sell chart is mostly party games and wii sports . then developers will not be encouraged to invest in a wii and serious games will always be home for ps3 and 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 09:52

If Nintendo had simply released the Wiimote for the Gamecube as an additional controller, how successful would it have been?

Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 10:19

That' s fine, but without the controller it' s a Gamecube.

Ok so far no Wii game has proven otherwise but it has been stated by Ati that the Wii is capable of alot more and what we are seeing now is just the " tip of the iceberg" so we have yet to see what the console is truely capable of in terms of graphics. Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy should show us what the Wii is capable of in terms of graphics. So I think we should wait and see if its just another Gamecube. I' m as dissapointed with the Wii as everyone else is but I still have faith in the console. The next few months could make or break the console.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 18 Jun 07 2:23:23 >
Abasoufiane

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 10:24
the issue i see is not whether it' s a second gamecube or not, but if it really succeds like ps2 did, this thing will bring the technology back, a lot of our beloved sequels and new ip' s from great developers for which we bought our 360' s or ps3' s will head to that console or simply get canceled. this will be a nightmare.
Duffman

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 10:40

the issue i see is not whether it' s a second gamecube or not, but if it really succeds like ps2 did

Yep your spot on. In order for the Wii to succeed like the PS2 it needs games, games, games, games. I' m getting sick of shitty PS2 ports and all these damn party games.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 12:02

second, it feels like an unpolished game, the animation is weak, some bugs here and there, some freezes for a second or two but it' s still annoying.

It sort of depends, do you have xbox live? If you dont have live then you obviously havnt gotten any of the updates, which really sucks. Before they fixed most of the bugs you could just walk along the beach and get stuck in a random rock.

Question: If Nintendo had simply released the Wiimote for the Gamecube as an additional controller, how successful would it have been?

I think the hyping of the wii, a few months before it came out, really helped it. If it were going to the GC they wouldnt have been able to hype it since it had already failed
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 19:50
Let this thread die, it had no value in the first place. If you want to discuss the Wii then do so in the Wii sales thread. It gets confusing when we are discussing basically the same thing in two different threads.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 23:04

Ok so far no Wii game has proven otherwise but it has been stated by Ati that the Wii is capable of alot more and what we are seeing now is just the " tip of the iceberg"
" The Emotion Engine is capable of accurately rendering a multitude of human emotions, unrivaled by any other processor in development today"

Don' t trust press-announcements.

I' m not saying there' s not more to the Wii, but I' m still waiting for something to shock me.
Duffman

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 23:34

Don' t trust press-announcements.

You' re right Eddie. Alot of it is bull.

but I' m still waiting for something to shock me.

Don' t expect anything to shock you Eddie but I do think Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy should be fairly impressive. Well hopefully anyway!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 23:52
Prime 3 isn' t going to shock me at all.

Shocking me would imply that I thought it could be anything less than perfect.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 19, 2007 03:11

Let this thread die, it had no value in the first place. If you want to discuss the Wii then do so in the Wii sales thread

Discussing this there would still be going off topic, maybe we should just change the name of the thread and ban emo
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 19, 2007 05:23
Graphicly, Mario galaxy is easily the best looking game on the wii, and I do think that the wii graphics will impress... ina few years. right now all wii gets is party games, mainly becuase it is targeted at a casual audience, I am sure Nintendo lost some hardcore fans faith when this was annocced. Going back to Oblivion, I do think Wind Waker was better thinking back... and I dislike Zelda [I think its dated and will go nowhere after oot, sorry fans] ... But i think Okami is better than both. and that is a Zelda rip, but with enough different for me to enjoy, ... But Shadow the Collouss owns all, my game of 2006 easily.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 18 Jun 07 21:24:26 >
Nitro

RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 19, 2007 05:58

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

But Shadow the Collouss owns all, my game of 2006 easily.

Yeah it' s funny how my favourite game last years was SotC, and this year so far it' s God of War II. Both last-gen games
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 19, 2007 08:04
yeah your saying your enjoying gow2 alot on the ps2, but isnt it more of the same?, while I did think the orginal god of war was great [didnt it just come out of nowhere?] I thought the battle system was lacking compared to the mighty dmc3, but i had just as fun with both games. I hear the story in this one is better, which is very good in my books, as the story in the first was good also.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message