Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 whats the best game you ever played
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 71
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 18:17
doom3???
How many fps have you played?
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 18:47
I love FPS Quezcatol. I play as many as I can. Doom 3 is one of my favorites.
QuezcatoL

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 18:51
Okay,its just that doom3 feels like a old women...just with a facelift,for me doom3,is a 80 year women with a face like a 20 year,but when you take of the cloth you see it...
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 8 Nov 05 2:53:14 >
Boss Hogg

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 19:09
Whats so bad about Doom 3? Its fun, scares you (especially when you play it in the dark) you can play online, and the graphics are great.
QuezcatoL

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 19:16
The online part sux,and about that dark thing yes thats another thing,all those hi tech weapons doesnt even have a flash light on them :P
doom3 is about open a door then shot,then open a new shot,then open a new one shot,oh a pda,use code for door,shot monster,and btw 50% of all monster spawn behind you...
It would be scary if you was not expecting them to come from behind half of the game.
Boss Hogg

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 07, 2005 19:36

all those hi tech weapons doesnt even have a flash light on them :P

lol thats true I never thought of that. Doom 3 is just one of those games that people like or dont like what can you do? To some people shooting the crap out of demons is fun go figure.
Sakr

• Total Posts : 15
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 08, 2005 15:42
doom3 is surely one of the best game of the last generation, especially because of its grafik. one just have to play it at night with a full sound effect(with a headset ), and i can assume that in those conditions it´s one of the scariest games ever. the problem is that (as quezcatol said like an old woman with a young face).
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 08, 2005 16:17
doom 3 is not at all one of the best games of the last generation, there are so many so many games much better than it... doom 3 is beautiful and delivers a good/ scary atmosphere but that' s where it ends...

my games well , all final fantasy from 6 to X (not X-II)
devil may cry
zelda ocarina of time
Metal gear solid
God of war
castel vania symphony of the nigh
pffff i can' t stop there are so many that really left a very very good impression
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 09, 2005 00:24
I actually agree with Boss Hogg, i loved doom 3, every second of it, and the expansion too. It gave me just what i expected and a little more, i think most people were expecting toó much. I liked the story, or atleast the way it was told. Thats what i think makes that part better than HL2, there is virtually no story, sure you can read paper clips on the walls. but thats about it
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 09, 2005 03:31
Mechwarrior 2. Hands down my most favorite game ever.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 13, 2005 10:11
....hmm.....in no particular order I' d say:

Halo 2

is there any game which comes close, in terms of AI, real-time battle field tactics (what? you havent completed it on legendary mode?) and comedy? ( just pretend the lame ending didn' t happen, though - ok?)

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

I loved the Goth feel to this game..... the mood and atmosphere was perfect, along with the sense of freedom and adventure, which i found refreshing.
I also liked the baroque voice acting, creepy but majestic in game music, inventive ways of impalement, and puzzle elements. The way that Raziel vampirised a new power from each new defeated boss was a stroke of genius, as it allowed the gamer to be continually excited about the next macabre encounter and it' s resultant reward.

Bioforge

Anyone remember this obscure classic? this was the first epic sci-fi game that i played (and completed in instalments ' round a high-grade PC owning friend' s house). A futuristic tale of a dead man reborn in the body of a cyborg, i identified with the main protagonist' s angst....the gameplay was always inspired, mixing early resi style slow mystery solving with edge-of-your seat kinetic action sequences. The way that the main character' s fate is given reconciliation and new meaning through the revelations regarding an alien race gave the game a touching finale.

Silent Hill

Fantastic in it' s simplicity. So easy to pick up and play that on my very first whats-this-game-about? go, i was immediately hooked on this games amazing mystery filled story.... i truly wanted to know what was going on in that heebie-jeebie filled little town. I remember the whole thing so well... one dark rainy Saturday night....the wind was howling, thunder rumbled.... it was late and the lights were off....most of my friends had passed out in one intoxicated stupor or another.... it wasn' t even my playstaion and as sure as hell had never heard of Silent Hill. But from that very first go, i was totally hooked. I wanted to be scared. I trawled the back alleyways of that fog filled town... the feeling of foreboding and gloom was almost erotic.....' hey, i think i see something up ahead' .....wonder what it is. " You don' t want to go that way" warned the games owner. ' But i have to see, i have to know' , i said continuing along my foolishly chosen path........
... wha..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!??

The ending was THE BEST though, i completed this game on my very first go. Normally i would of felt ripped off (although it wasn' t my game), but it was just SOOO COOOL. Somehow i had summoned up The Devil. No forewarning or explanation, just bam, Satan or some proper looking demonic thing, there in front of me, on my widescreen tv flapping its wings and firing fireballs at me..... I just ran and ran and ran. I had the shotgun, and i just kept running around this thing and shooting and running and shooting. Most of my friends had awoken and were surprised to see me confronting the final demon....i was hysterically shouting HOW THE F*CK DO YOU KILL THIS THING!!! i was shooting and running, not sopping for sh*t when the demon made this strange sound. It sounded like a death-throw and then i saw it just drop, like some kind of winged 18 foot bag of demonic potatoes....... was it dead?? ...it' wasn' t moving....

" well done mate you killed it.... i was too s*it scared to take that thing on, always wanted to see the ending, though!"

Classic.
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 13 Nov 05 18:24:10 >
Boss Hogg

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Nov 13, 2005 14:29
Just got Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory. Game is sick definetly the best game i' ve played in a long while.
Minde0511

• Total Posts : 6
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 03, 2005 00:11
without a doubt final fantasy 7. The best story line, the best game play, the best everything, and i remember back in the day when i was playin FF7 the graphics were unbelievable. Even though it will never happen, but imagine if with the release of PS3 square enix came out with the same FF7 on PS3. I honestly think that would be a great strategy for sony. I would easily say FF7 could be their killer app. Who would not want to see that game on PS3?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 03, 2005 14:12
PC:
UFO: Enemy Unknown (my first love! i could still play through it again if it would run!)
Syndicate (gauss gun!)
X-Wing/TIE Fighter
Doom
Quake 2
Unreal Tournament ' 99 and mods like Infiltration
More recently Doom 3 (hehe, im one who loved it especially with the original sounds in the Trent Reznor mod)
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Richard Burns Rally and GT Legends for racers

Console:
Streets of Rage 1+2 (2 has the best music of any game)
Thunderforce 2/3/4 (my fave shmup series)
Street Fighter 2 (i wish i could do a fireball!)
Legend of Zelda (the music!)
2 player Super Probotectors!
4 player Micro Machines v3!
Tenchu 1 (the voice acting was fantastic, Onikage is my favourite character of all time!)
Tekken 2+5
Wipeout 2097
Devil May Cry 1+3
Zone of the Enders 2 (coolest anime inspired game)
Silent Hill 1+2 (Nothing else has made me feel the same way)
MGS 1+3 (testament to film like videogames)
FF7 (Omnislash! Best gaming moment ever...) Also 1 vote for not having a remake!

Im done... no wait there' s probably more... But if I chose one it would be UFO:Enemy Unknown!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 3 Dec 05 22:21:52 >
QuezcatoL

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 03, 2005 14:33
I can never understand people voting No for a remake...im not gonna force you to buy the game...
FF7 FTW.
choupolo

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 03, 2005 14:52
Yup guess you' ve got a point there, if it is made I just wont buy it. But I really dont think theres much point in an FF7 with Advent Children graphics. Its like people wanting Hideo Kojima to make MGS games forever, he doesnt want to!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 04, 2005 05:14
At the moment my favorites are
Morrowind (xbox)
Kotor 1 (xbox)
and Super Smash bros. (gamecube).
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (gamecube) Form Factor is an excellent developer and Sony is lucky for snatching them up.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 4 Dec 05 13:18:59 >
QuezcatoL

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 04, 2005 07:03
Ofc he doesnt,but he still made a remake on the first MGS to the GC.
Harry

• Total Posts : 3
RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 04, 2005 09:58
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
I listen to the music while i am driving, very relaxing.
choupolo

RE: whats the best game you ever played - Dec 04, 2005 16:45
Oh I forgot to mention Star Fox on the snes and Rez + Space Channel 5 on the dreamcast. (Up, Down, Up, Down, Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!)

Quezcatol: So I suppose you played MGS on both PS and GC then...
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message