Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kikizo Trader Section? Please Read & Respond.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Kikizo Trader Section? Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 07:44
I recently brought an idea to Adam' s attention, and after our discussion, Adam consented to having the Kikizo members give their opinions.

The idea is to add a trader section to the Kikizo website - a place where Kikizo members could freely trade their games.

Background:
Recently, I traded in Winning Eleven 8 for the XBOX. Another member stated that their $$ was a little tight and that they were only able to acquire 2, of the several, games they really wanted. One of the games they did acquire was Winning Eleven 8...the game I just traded in at my local gaming store. If I had known that Kikizo member was still looking to purchase that game, I might have been able to make a trade with them - saving them $$ for a third title they really wanted. This would have cost only shipping and handling, rather than the cost of a full-priced game.

Anyway...Adam has stated that he likes the idea, but is concerned about the immediate (and future) level of interest.

With all this information in mind, how do you feel about a members-only trader section at Kikizo?

Regardless of how you feel, please provide as much (or little) response as you feel is necessary to make your feelings known and/or voice heard.

For Adam and myself, thank you for your time.

DaRoosh65
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 3 Apr 05 2:35:27 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 08:31
I' d personally say just make a thread rather than a section. Just post in the thread what you are looking for and what you are interested in. If someone wants what you have and is willing to trade it can then be handled through PMs. Personally I wouldn' t see much of a use for a whole new section. I' ve seen many forums with just a single thread getting the job done. this isn' t to say I' m against your idea, I just don' t think we need an entire section devoted to game trades. I just don' t think it will be used all that much.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 09:00
Fine with me, I' m not a big trader, but who knows, if somebody had a copy of ikuragua you never know.....
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 09:34
Sounds like a nice addition. A trading section might bring in a new crowd of members. Could be helpful, I dunno. Ive never traded nething online so I dont know the whole process.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 12:21
e-bay anyone?? or would it be called k-bay?? seems alot like that whole idea, or could be set up that way just without monetary value. i' m talking crazy talk cause i' m hungry....i' ll get back to this later.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 13:48
Sounds like it might be a good idea, but wouldn' t it cost a lot to forward games through the mail to each other (especially to another country)?
< Message edited by Sharon -- 22 Mar 05 21:49:12 >
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 22, 2005 15:20
It would be very conveniant to have another section. I also think that it should be for members only, for reliety issues. But i think its a great idea. When people want to trade, give eachother their E-mail addresses and then trade personal information (like address and crap needed to mail)...to sum it up ITS A GREAT IDEA!!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 23, 2005 06:27
If we' re doing this for reliety issues than I better start getting all of my recent game purchasitions in line, and figure out what games I want to extrade them for.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 23, 2005 07:12
I have done this kind of stuff before and it sounds like a great idea. I even got free money from members to help me buy Resident Evil 4 heh it was sooo nice of them. Hmmm... I think this idea is good.
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 23 Mar 05 15:14:02 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 23, 2005 10:34

e-bay anyone?? or would it be called k-bay?? seems alot like that whole idea, or could be set up that way just without monetary value. i' m talking crazy talk cause i' m hungry....i' ll get back to this later.

You' re actually on the right track...the vision would be to have a members-only trade system with feedback, so other traders could evaluate the risk postential/honesty of the prospective trade partner.

This thread was introduced to determine the level of interest, as well as to help refine the over all concept to something more acceptable to those who would take the opportunity to use the service.

I understand that this section would not be fully untilized ' as-is' , based upon the few (but much appreciated) responses from Kikizo members thus far. Maybe with time, some refinement, and membership increases, this could become a worthwhile endeavor.

Please continue to post your thoughts, as any input may spawn ideas that could bring new possibilities with regards to this particular idea or to the Kikizo website in general.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 23, 2005 14:25
yes good idea, but a point, some of us live in europe and some in america [etc.] the region codeing would affect us greatly with games and limit us to only a few members to trade with each.

But apart from that i am Full For the idea!
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 23, 2005 16:52
It' s a very good idea. However for it to be a success I think this forum needs more members.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 25, 2005 15:38
yeah thats a great idea i have been trading at 1up.com and i will trade here
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 25, 2005 15:54
Yeah, games in the US won' t work on consoles in the UK so I can' t see a lot of cross-country game trading going on... but it' s somethign I' ll be interested in doing with my fellow UK-ites.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 27, 2005 00:49
I' d be interested...
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 27, 2005 05:01
I' d love to have a trading section on here, i' d use it for sure.
Nemesis]

• Total Posts : 2
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Mar 27, 2005 11:58
i am very intersted in trading my copy games i have the latest jp us uk game only for trader that have a mod-chip i hope thats ok !?

Nemesis]
Sixteen_Bit

• Total Posts : 14
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Apr 01, 2005 19:48

ORIGINAL: DaRoosh65

I recently brought an idea to Adam' s attention, and after our discussion, Adam consented to having the Kikizo members give their opinions.

The idea is to add a trader section to the Kikizo website - a place where Kikizo members could freely trade their games.

Background:
Recently, I traded in Winning Eleven 8 for the XBOX. Another member stated that their $$ was a little tight and that they were only able to acquire 2, of the several, games they really wanted. One of the games they did acquire was Winning Eleven 8...the game I just traded in at my local gaming store. If I had known that Kikizo member was still looking to purchase that game, I might have been able to make a trade with them - saving them $$ for a third title they really wanted. This would have cost only shipping and handling, rather than the cost of a full-priced game.

Anyway...Adam has stated that he likes the idea, but is concerned about the immediate (and future) level of interest.

With all this information in mind, how do you feel about a members-only trader section at Kikizo?

Regardless of how you feel, please provide as much (or little) response as you feel is necessary to make your feelings known and/or voice heard.

For Adam and myself, thank you for your time.

DaRoosh65

Well DaRoosh and Adam,
To tell you the truth I think it is a very bad idea. I am a member in many
forums and to tell you the truth this is the least impressive. (No disrespect)
Before you go and make any new sections here is a list of must have sections.

1. The forums right now are to unorganized. Kikizo Forums need Sections
for individual consoles.
Consoles Section:
Nintendo Game Cube
Microsoft XBOX
SONY PSOne/PS2
Portable Section:
Nintendo GBA
Nintendo DS
SONY PSP
Nokia N-Gage
Then miscellaneous Section:
Other game consoles (classic systems)

We don' t need a section for trading games, plus how safe would it be and
who will contract the transaction. I don' t know just something to really
think about. ADAM now what do you think about these realistic recommendations?
< Message edited by Sixteen_Bit -- 2 Apr 05 3:52:15 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Apr 02, 2005 04:11
No disrespect but ARE YOU INSANE???? Messageboards with individual forums/sections dedicated to each console are SOOOOOOOOOO unappealing to me! There' s nothing worst than having to navigate in and out of one console forum into another..

Plus, the ones I' ve seen in the past were usually REALLY slow and most folks hung out in the general forum anyways. Console City was like that and the setup, while it may have seemed organized just didn' t work and most seemed to crave for a more consolidate general gaming forum.
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: ATTENTION ALL KIKIZO MEMBERS: Please Read & Respond. - Apr 02, 2005 10:22
I think that it is a good idea to have a trading section, why not be friendly and help out the people who can' t afford to buy every game, like me. Hee hee. No it is a totally great idea and it should happen, if people don' t like it they can just not participate in that section of the site. It' s just that simple.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message