Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 26, 2007 20:20
Apparently.

I' m at work right now so i' ll be downloading it and giving my impressions in 6-8 hours, as long as it is actually there.

The muppets at NeoGAF are in the process of confirming it now. It was originally penned for tomorrow in Japan (which is actually in about 3 hours time) so if it' s up it' s gone up slightly early.

Also, Calling All Cars has been delayed AGAIN until 3rd may...
< Message edited by NITRO -- 27 Apr 07 0:13:00 >
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese/American/Canadian PSN - Apr 27, 2007 00:33
Confirmed.

It' s up on the Japanese store and isn' t region encoded.

In just a couple of hours i' ll be playing this baby and all of you non-PS3-owning-Ninja-Gaiden-loving fools will be jealous!!!

So HA!!!

EDIT: Apparently it' s also available on the US and Canadian networks.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 26 Apr 07 16:37:25 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese/American/Canadian PSN - Apr 27, 2007 01:34
Great.
The better marketplace sony get and Internet service the bigger chance we with XBL have that the fee will go away.

As I said before the fee is good in one way,just imgaien how many nutcases and unserious gamers we would have,as we don' t have enough over XBL,but the cost is just too high so anything sony does good is only good for all gamers.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese/American/Canadian PSN - Apr 27, 2007 01:48
on the ps3 now.tried usa uk and hk account but no NG :( Ok so the HK store doesn' t have everything the japanese one does... found it now and downloading as we speak. On topic of new downloads, virtua tennis demo coming to us store today

edit. I like your new attitude quez
< Message edited by uumai -- 26 Apr 07 20:21:35 >
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese/American/Canadian PSN - Apr 27, 2007 05:37
I' m currently at 15% so impressions and photo-screens within an hour

I haven' t personally checked any other stores, i just jumped straight onto the Japanese PSN and hit download.

I can' t fucking wait!!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese/American/Canadian PSN - Apr 27, 2007 05:49
GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I need to find somebody with a PS3. This is how I felt back when I didn' t have a 360!!!
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 08:05
It' s basically the parts shown in the first proper gameplay footage we saw. The Ninja Temple that serves as the games opening level, and a mission from the Mission mode where you play as Rachel in the Monastery.

Playing as Ryu owns, playing as Rachel blows, ...big time.

As Ryu you start with the Dragon Sword, Nunckaku, Dabilahro, Lunar and the dual katanas - Dragon' s Claw & Tiger Fang. You can only initially play on easy, then once you' ve played the level through you unlock the mission mode and hard mode.

Item placement differs in the different difficulty settings and you face different enemies. For example, one of the coolest thing i noticed was where you would normally get the Fangs of the Samurai, on hard when you opened the chest a shitload of bats flew out and attacked me and the Fangs were in a different chest further on. Then, in the room with the trap door were there would normlly be brown and white Ninjas, on hard there are white and armoured black ninjas.

The dual katanas are overpowered for this level, but i' m guessing that you won' t get them until later in the game anyway so i' m sure everything will balance out.

It' s slightly faster and it controls superbly. Constant 60fps, great graphics (especially the lighting, blood and fire effects), some minor aliasing (because PS3 can' t do FSAA + HDR and the game uses HDR), great textures etc etc etc...

Demo is in English, although Japanese voice and text is selectable. I' m guessing it switched automatically after checking my language settings.

Playing as Rachel however fucking sucks ass. Her character model looks lame, especially with her dumb S&M bondage gear. Her run cycle looks really awkward and she' s super slow. You only get the War Hammer and that' s always sucked ass. I got bored after like 2 minutes and went back to play the Temple again.

I can' t see myself playing the Rachel parts of Sigma more than once, and i' ll only play it then because it' ll unlock shit. They' d have been MUCH better off letting us play as Ayane instead ahead of Code Cronus because Rachel is just retarded.

But meh, i' m loving the main game and Ryu' s missions mode will be badass.

Anyhoo, BlimBlim has been testing is new capture hardware out and has upped a ' First 10 Minutes..' that you guys should watch. It' s nothing you haven' t seen before in gameplay clips already released but it covers the demo and it' s really good quality. You can check it out HERE

Oh, and Blims video shows the level played through on easy, not hard.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 27 Apr 07 0:12:45 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 08:15
Blim can fuck himself he is a fucking noob at games.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 14:02
Ayane should get her own ninja game.
uumai

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 16:06
Agreed on Rachael... Lame ass character.. running animation was terrible [:' (] and slow and crap annoying etc etc..

Ryu was cool, the game seems so fast now, been a while since i played my exbox version but i dont remember it being this fast though. Graphics were ok i wasn' t blown away but i wont complain either.

Pretty sure i' ll buy it though
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 17:14

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 20:23
Unlike lesser Japanese Developers, Team Ninja consider America and Europe to be just as worthy of their games... ...so you should be able to download the Sigma demo without having to access Japanese servers...

GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I need to find somebody with a PS3. This is how I felt back when I didn' t have a 360!!!

....meh... ....who needs a 360 or a PS3 when PS2 is kicking so much behind?

FFXII > all ...
uumai

RE: Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo available on Japanese PSN - Apr 27, 2007 21:55
Well Bish it is on the us store or should be now just japanese updated first

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages