Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 27, 2006 19:35
Okay so it was obvious this was going to happen but the HD version of Gran Turismo 4 that we saw at E3 is the next iteration of the series and not GT5.

Seeing as GT3 was just a fancy GT2 the fact that they' re pulling the same stunt again is laughable.

Saying that, the game DOES look stunning and will run in 1080p and at 60fps and will support 12 (instead of 6) cars on the track and will have loading times of around 5 seconds.

Obviously the only way to achieve those things is to simply upgrade an aging PS2 title but if the content is the same, Forza 2 and GTR could provide some really quite serious competition to the driving game crown.

Original Article

EDIT: Added 2 official 1080p screenshots. (note that in the 2nd the crowd looks terrible)

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 27 Aug 06 11:38:59 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 27, 2006 19:50
Well it probably looks a lot better in motion,but those pictures was horrible,why even show them?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 27, 2006 23:04
it is a ps2 game in 1080p, sony are just realiseing this to prove they can have games in 1080p.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 27, 2006 23:59
Sad. I still can' t believe people waited in line at E3 to play this game.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 02:37
Shame on them.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 03:26
Dismal...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 04:44
it seems (from that article at least) that they will update graphics to show the power of PS3.

I don' t think it' s just adding 1080p ...

Quez - those screens look just as bad as the demo Sony showed at E3 in motion (it lasts forever - it' s so fuckin long)

If it' s just the resolution though ...they totally suck.Now that I think about it , they suck already, so why should they care? :)

Sad. I still can' t believe people waited in line at E3 to play this game.

Our species can be so fuckin stupid at times...
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 06:18
Wow, because the greatest thing a company can do is upscale imagery to show how bland a 3 year old game looks, huh? It' s like running an emulator on your PC and upscaling those graphics.....except you have to pay around 700 bucks for this one.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 08:24
The PS3 may be able to cure cancer, but it sure can' t do good graphics. PS3 is teh suk.
Nitro

RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 08:28
Joe, you know HDTV technology, ...how big of a deal will 1080p games be on PS3?! I mean, will the difference between 720p or 1080i and 1080p be that significant?!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 09:09
It is nice but it won' t be mindblowing over 1080i... just a bit more stable looking.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 09:15

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Joe, you know HDTV technology, ...how big of a deal will 1080p games be on PS3?! I mean, will the difference between 720p or 1080i and 1080p be that significant?!

No. Unless you have a gigantor HDTV that' s like 50" or bigger you aren' t going to see a difference unless you get right up tot he screen. My friend sells HDTVs and we' ve checked a ton out. I' m partial to the HP models. Those things are slick.
uumai

RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 09:16
I don' t get it, really why? I expect some major update to the gfx, gt4 was done on tech that is years and years old... I never got into the series, not much of a racing sim fan, but sony should complain, this isn' t a good advertisment for their system.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 09:45

I don' t get it, really why? I expect some major update to the gfx, gt4 was done on tech that is years and years old... I never got into the series, not much of a racing sim fan, but sony should complain, this isn' t a good advertisment for their system.

If it wasnt for bad advertisment they may not have any.

Personally I dont care for racing sims but GT was a decent game, however I dont see why you would pay $60(or more) for an updated version of a game you already have.
Nitro

RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 10:13

but sony should complain, this isn' t a good advertisment for their system.

Polyphony Digital is a Sony owned 1st party studio. This IS Sony' s game, they' re doing it to themselves.

The funny thing is that GT4 already supports 480p and 1080i so what' s the big deal with this?! It' d have to have some serious improvements right?!

I' ve never liked the series but i' ve always been able to see WHY people liked it. I did buy and do own GT4 and it is a really attractive game but 1080p still isn' t going to make it better than PGR3 (which has a seriously fucked up resolution - upscaled from 1024x600).

I think at the very least the road detail, crowds, environment textures and lighting need work to stand up against other driving games. Especially since this isn' t exactly likely to get a budget price release.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 17:03

Polyphony Digital is a Sony owned 1st party studio. This IS Sony' s game, they' re doing it to themselves.

They have become a second party dev for sony - they' re no longer internal.That doesn' t change much , but just to clear things :)

I loved the first GT game - it was a true revolution in the genre.After that it' s always the same but with new visuals.Races need improvement to be more challenging and fun.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 19:41
Yeah, GT4 HD was just the vision they wanted to pull out since Vision GT was fisrt shown on E305, but Kazonuri Yamaouchi stated that GT HD is just the title that will use the power of the PS3 and HD-tv high-resolution 1080p....ect, and that the next installment of GT5 will use the next-gen treatment, in that case I' ll wait till GT5 is out, buying GT HD is like buying another copy of GT4.
uumai

RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 20:54

I' m aware it' s part of sony... but i' m sure someone up in sony could say, look morons, no one wants a better res version of gt4, not surely for the £50-£60 they will probably charge.

Heck someone took a streets of rage game to sega (from sega) in the dc life time - i remember the news around - and sega said no to it, it wasn' t the right genre anymore, or something...
< Message edited by uumai -- 28 Aug 06 12:56:25 >
Nitro

RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 21:05

ORIGINAL: uumai

I' m aware it' s part of sony... but i' m sure someone up in sony could say, look morons, no one wants a better res version of gt4, not surely for the £50-£60 they will probably charge.

Heck someone took a streets of rage game to sega (from sega) in the dc life time - i remember the news around - and sega said no to it, it wasn' t the right genre anymore, or something...

Granted, but if it' s called Gran Turismo HD and not Gran Turismo 4 HD then how will the masses see it?!

They' ll be like " Sweet! A new GT game! Party time! Excellent!" ...or something...

They won' t realise it' s GT4 running in 1080p with maybe some new effects and cars. They' ll think it' s the next GT and hand over the money.

(note that GTHD could very well turn out looking seriously next gen, right now it needs work but it' s not like they' re changing tons of stuff, all of their effort will go to making it worth buying, ...surely)
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 28 Aug 06 13:05:25 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gran Turismo HD becomes actual game - Aug 28, 2006 23:59
Sure it' s gonna look better, but what' s new? Graphics? We all know the ps3 will eventually turn out good graphics, (it' s only a matter of time now) but how long do they think they can keep turning out recycled garbage like this?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message