Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 11, 2007 22:52

...Alpha build remember...

...btw, i just heard that the " shield grenade" seen in the last trailer WILL be featured in the final game....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 14 Feb 07 22:58:56 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 11, 2007 23:22
Yeah i saw these on another forum, can' t say i see anything impressive. To me looks about the same as halo 2.
I wonder what the final product will look like.. im hearing things about saving polys on models etc for details, shrubs dust effect and all that... large draw distance possible so on and so forth..

I' m sure bungie wont disappoint. Hope it' s closer to the original though
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 00:07
Anyone find any high resolution pics. Low res shots won' t say much, and video is even better.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 00:54
The grass and water effects look crumy .. The graphics will no doubt be much better than this ,the question is how much better ?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 01:06
While I' m not going to say it looks like crap. I' m a little worried. Some of the textures look awesome. (characters/vehicles/weapons) but the majority of the landscape looks less than Halo 2 quality. They wouldn' t only use placeholders for half of the textures would they?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 01:09
But seriously , i dont think bungie would be using such textures for the final game .. Come on the grass looks like someone split some green paint ... I am praying they dont mess it up ...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 03:53
In a recent weekly update, Frankie was saying that they' re going to have plants on the ground that react when you walk through them. So if these ground textures make it into the game they are going to be concealed beneath grass and other foliage. I think Bungie enjoys provoking panic and rage amongst the more hysterical members of their fanbase.
silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 12, 2007 04:15
Alpha or Beta screens?

Because if that' s just an " Alpha" then don' t expect the graphics to approach what the final build quality will be like. An Alpha is just too darn early for them to even worry too much about the graphics engine. If it' s a beta though, then yea, it should be something to worry about.
Bishonen

RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 07:20

..nub..
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 07:28
I agree with all of you. Pretty worried so far at what we are seeing, and yet still hopeful that the final product will look great.

God I hope it' s more like the first Halo.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 13:49
All together now...

" Oh... Halo 3' s a piece of sh!T" ....
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 16:14
I could give a crap if the graphics suck...they just better fix the damn plot and gameplay in this one >.<. I' m not a graphics whore like some people, but dammit if I' m not a story one.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 18:15

I could give a crap if the graphics suck...they just better fix the damn plot and gameplay in this one >.<. I' m not a graphics whore like some people, but dammit if I' m not a story one.

I agree, although I know that the alpha build has a lot of placeholder textures and is missing many of the effects. The graphics will be much better than what we see here. I' m not even worried about the artistic merits of Halo 3, my consern as Alecrein brought up is story and gameplay as well as AI and physics. I' m pretty confident that most of these these things will be great. I read that Halo3 will have a lot more drama, I fully expect a story worthy of the Halo name. http://onthexbox.com/news903.aspx.
My only consern is gameplay, it looks like they will bring back dual wield which I hated but who knows maybe it will work this time.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 14, 2007 18:50

My only consern is gameplay, it looks like they will bring back dual wield which I hated but who knows maybe it will work this time.

They would be smart, and I believe they have already made mention of this, to not start the player with a dual wield-able weapon. If they focus more on Two handed weapons I' ll be happy. Although I think Dual wielding is cool sometimes it is severely gimped.
Bishonen

RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 15, 2007 05:57

...only a buffoon would think that H3 is gonna suck graphically, it' s just in vogue right now to dis Halo 3 because it hasn' t got the Cliffy B seal of approval...

Story mode > multiplayer = Halo > Gears of War
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 15, 2007 06:32
I thought Gears was way better than the Halo series.
Bishonen

RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 15, 2007 06:38
O_O Wooooah! leaked Weapons Clip O_O

Edit

I thought Gears was way better than the Halo serie

...well i' d always purchase both, but what kind of story mode is 5 hours?
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 14 Feb 07 22:53:50 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) - Feb 15, 2007 08:05

O_O Wooooah! leaked Weapons Clip O_O

Sweet, I can' t wait to try out the new weapons, that are the exact same as they always were, which weren' t original to begin with!

Flame on!
Bishonen

RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 16, 2007 03:42
..yah i have to admit that the weapons in Halo have always leaned on the side of disappointing...

...this is also probably why people call Resistance the one true Halo killer, but i' m hoping Bungie have taken this all into account....
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 17, 2007 01:47
OMGWTFBBQ all of you $ony fanboiz!!!

Seriously though, i cant decide using just those low res. pics.
GIMME SOME HD VIDEOS!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread