Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 17, 2007 03:26
It' s foolish to think that a heavily modified Halo 2 engine could turn out as nice as a well developed game that uses UE3.0.

Halo 3 won' t look as nice as Gear of War and it won' t look as nice as Unreal Tournament 3. Everybody keeps talking about placeholder textures and models but what you' re forgetting is that what you' re seeing now is a game that' s already been in development for 2 and a half years. You can call it beta all you want but there will be no drastic improvements between now and release. They' ll finalize the textures and lighting and lock down the framerate. That. Is. All.

The Halo series has never been graphically impressive.

As for offline vs online. Online is king.

The single player campaign is nice, but has become far less important this past couple of years. I' d take a multiplayer specific Halo 3 over a story only version any day of the week. What they need to do is have an online story co-op mode like Gears. That would be great.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 17, 2007 06:13
I don' t know why, but I was under the impression that Halo 3 was using Unreal 3 engine.

" As for offline vs online. Online is king.

The single player campaign is nice, but has become far less important this past couple of years. I' d take a multiplayer specific Halo 3 over a story only version any day of the week. What they need to do is have an online story co-op mode like Gears. That would be great."

I completely agree, it would be asinine for Bungie not to include online co-op.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Feb 07 22:16:28 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: New Halo 3 Alpha Screens :) And Video :) - Feb 18, 2007 12:42

The Halo series has never been graphically impressive.

I dunno, i thought halo 1 looked great at the time. I still think halo 1' s graphics were better than halo 2
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message