Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?!
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 79
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 07, 2006 06:07
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 07, 2006 06:13
Misguided maybe as it' s not been officially announced for any console yet.

Still, if it only ends up on 360 i' ll laugh my head off at poor old Sony. I seriously hope Microsoft have paid tons for exclusivity because i know there was a exclusivity battle going on for this title amongst others in December, and we' ve heard nothing since.

I want my VF5!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 07, 2006 06:15
Yeah,it was one of the newest trailer and come up today.
At the same time as the event...so well..we will see.
Wouldn' t suprice me at all if it in fact did.
SEGA want to become a huge western publish and releasing it for 360 very soon is a good idea,cause then they have racing,rpg,action,rts,sports and fighting games covered in their publish genre for ocnsoles.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 07, 2006 17:37
VF5 exclusivity could swing things massively for MS in territories it is currently failing to gain a foothold. I' d love it on console. It looks fantastic. Shame they will want to leave it a while to let the arcades make their money!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 02:48
it would be nice ,but laughing at Sony wouldn' t be very smart since no VF game has ever sold good.

My guess is it could be different this time if it' s online and Arcade Perfect Conversion (for the first time) - plus it' s released soon after Arcade version.

(VF3 for DC was released years after arcade so it' s no surprise it was like the Arcade Version)
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 03:34

no VF game has ever sold good

Actually they have. Saturn VF2 and PS2 VF4 original managed to sell over 1 million units. DC VF3 sold poorly due to the game being 2 years old at the time, and the featureless home conversion didn' t help matters either.

Making VF5 a 360 exclusive would be a huge mistake for SEGA. The game is only popular with the hardcore audience in the west which make up just a small percentage of the industry today. Secondly, VF alone can no longer sell a console in which the Japanese have little interest, and much less support for.

The fact is most hardcore gamers in both Japan and in the west are waiting for PS3 as it would seem at the moment that' s the machine which will gain the most support. Just like PS2 had with Tekken, Vampire Night, King Of Fighters, XenoSaga, Star Ocean, Time Crisis, Guilty Gear, etc.

The only exception was Sega' s early Xbox exclusives like Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF, which although excellent were still not enough to convince gamers in Japan that the XB was the one to get.

I would rather VF5 have more guaranteed success on PS3 rather than dissapointing sales which SEGA cannot afford to have on such a high profile title.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 03:59
best thing would be if VF5 was ported to PS3 and 360 AND PC.. I feel a game as good as VF should be on all formats, especially if they can handle a decent conversion. When u do Multiplatform you might aswell do it properly.
f3hunter

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 04:05
And as for a VF game ' online' .. No chance in hell..

VF has a 60fps hit-/collision/ratio.. You' ll need a mega fast BroadBsnd connection to mantain its tight, instant gameplay mechanics..

Games such as ' DOA' and ' Tekken' could get away with it, but VF, no way in hell.
Kyo.k

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 04:29

VF5 was ported to PS3 and 360 AND PC

I completely agree. However SEGA in terms of their Japanese management are more likely to release the game exclusively for the most popular console in their home territory. Also I believe that AM2 once said that they had inadiquate resources to pull off large multiplatform projects. It was the reason they didn' t internally do the conversion of OutRun2 or SP.

Maybe if SEGA Europe push for a multi-platform conversion then it may well happen. Hopefully it does, just as long as both PS3 and 360 conversions are arcade perfect.

Online VF would be cool, although I remember reading an interview with Yu Susuki stating that it would require ' super broardband' (fibre optics) style speeds to have it work perfectly. Maybe with VF6 when broadband speeds that are fast enough and are at reasonable costs.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 05:22
" Not sold good?" LOL

Actually VF4 is pretty much the higest grossing game ever in Japan on any format: In the arcade. I believe it' s the highest player-to-spend ratio of any game in history. To be good there you spend $5000 on playing over the last 5 years. VF is massively profitable and it will be moreso with VF5 becaue Sega owns the arcade venues and the VF.net infrastructure. They' re seemingly onto a massive winner.

As Kyo mentioned VF2 is also the best selling console 3D fighter in Japan as well.

Western VF4 sales on PS2 were respectable.

VF5 anticipation is quite high and I am sure a PS3 version would do quite well.

By the way everyone look at these direct feed gameplay videos NOW.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200604/025.asp
Kyo.k

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 05:30
Saw those this morning. To say they made my day would be an understatement. I haven' t been this excited about VF since the arcade release of VF3.

You can see clearly in the vids just how much the play style has changed, looking like a perfect cross between VF3 and 4. Hopefully SEGA will release this over in the UK, even if it' s just in a standard Naomi universal cabnet (the display is still awesome).

Either that or I' m going to find an execuse to travel all the way to Japan.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 07:29
As for Virtua Fighter games doing poorly :P...

On the MagicBox platinum selling list the Saturn version of Virtua Fighter 2 sold At least 1.7 million copies in Japan alone. That' s not even counting the stores that the charts didn' t track. That' s beyond phenomenal and like Adam said, easily the best selling 3D fighter in Japan..

Virtua Fighter 3 had to be one of the most popular arcade games in Japanese history, with one of the most dominating performances in arcade gaming history. I believe it remained #1 on the Japanese Top ten arcade charts for 3 years straight.

Virtua Fighter 4 sold surprisingly well in the U.S. with at least 500,000 copies sold, it showed that U.S. gamers were finally warming up to the series. The series is already uber popular in Japan,

While I hate the word " exclusive" when it comes to 3rd party games, if Virtua Fighter 5 does go to a single platform, I to would like to see it land on the console with the highest install base in Japan. That' s where its bread n' butter is at...
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7 Apr 06 23:38:10 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 07:40

I to would like to see it land on the console with the highest install base in Japan.

That console could even be Revolution...
Terry Bogard

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 07:53

That console could even be Revolution...

Abso-friggin-Lutely!!!

If the Revolution leads in Japan then I' d want Virtua Fighter 5 on that hot rockin machine! But I swear, if the game ever did get released on the Revolution and Mario winds up being a playable fighter in the game, I' m killing SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 07:58
The VF5 videos look great by the way. And i' m so psyched to see which console it will land on.
f3hunter

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 08, 2006 10:01
VF5 looks as awesome as i expected.

Still need a few tweaks (noticed a few little collision bugs).. but overall its looking hot, animation looks the part and the backgrounds are lush.. the Music tho.. im not so sure about.. One track sounds like a soundtrack to Soul calibur, while another one to Castlevania?? But..the more i here them, the more they grow on me..

If the Revolution leads in Japan then I' d want Virtua Fighter 5 on that hot rockin machine! But I swear, if the game ever did get released on the Revolution and Mario winds up being a playable fighter in the game, I' m killing SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!!

HAAhAA!

More like buying a Revolution with a copy Vf5, and Ten Revolution controllers to attach to each of your limbs..

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 09, 2006 06:43
I didn' t mean that VF4 Arcade isn' t profitable.

I think a game like VF4 - made for a system with huge userbase ,should sell more than 500 k in US.I guess fighting games don' t sell so well anymore.

I had no idea about VF2 though :)

The Online thing sux - I have noone to play VF with so that' s why I' d love to play online.

I do understand however why it can' t be done ...shit
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 8 Apr 06 22:45:56 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 09, 2006 15:49

I think a game like VF4 - made for a system with huge userbase ,should sell more than 500 k in US.I guess fighting games don' t sell so well anymore.

You' re right in that the Virtua Fighter games should sell a truckload, but you have to remember that 500,000 copies sold in the U.S. is a Great step for the series in a region that hadn' t warmed up to it in the past because many felt the games were too complex with too high of a learning curve. There' s like a night and day difference between the popularity of the series in the U.S. and Japan... Baby steps
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 Apr 06 7:52:29 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 10, 2006 11:16
i' m no pro in virtua fighter , in fact i never owned a virtua fighter although i played all of them , anyway i' m Supernoob.

still i' ve seen videos in kikzo about virtua fighter 5, and i' m extremly disapointed, it seems like fighting games don' t evolve a bit, tha animation is sooo this gen, same kinf of moves, same physics, no real weight to the fighters, same way to block attacks... i mean what' s the fuss all about, the gameplay ? hearing peopel talking about this game is like a revolution in gihthing games which i don' t see any... i don' t know how the controls are but from the look of the video this is vitua fighter 4 with nicer graphics, virtua fighter 4 which in return is virtua fighter 3 with nicer graphics...

i guess i could say the same from the evolution of tekken

tekken 3 --- 4 ---- 5 well almost

i eexpect a lot from ps3/xbox360... it feels like graphics are getting so top notch bud sadly the animation doesn' t match that realistic level at all.

to sum up,

after seeing video of virtua fighter 5, there was no WOW at all...

that kind of shock ater seeing MGS4 or gears of war or even fight night round 3.
Terry Bogard

RE: Virtua Fighter 5 on 360+arcade? wtf?! - Apr 10, 2006 14:09

i don' t know how the controls are but from the look of the video this is vitua fighter 4 with nicer graphics, virtua fighter 4 which in return is virtua fighter 3 with nicer graphics...

There are noticeable and subtle differences between Virtua Fighter 3 and Virtua Fighter 4 , which is why I still prefer Virtua Fighter 3.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 79

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message