Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 11, 2006 12:33
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.aspx

look

Snake in in This Game Solid Snake lol

I wonder if they have anymore un specified charaters?

And it still has traditonal controls
< Message edited by Kannon -- 11 May 06 5:51:49 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 11, 2006 14:13
The video looks good, I hope those aren' t the only new characters though. It would be cool if Nintendo could crack a deal with Sega and have Sonic and Knuckles in the next one, or maybe Capcom could lend Mega-Man.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 11 May 06 6:14:39 >
Kannon

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 11, 2006 14:15
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 11, 2006 14:43
YES!

This is what I' ve been waiting for...

I' m so happy right now. It might not be a launch title anymore, but that might be for the better. I was worried when I heard that they had only started work on it in December. The delay will give them time to get it right. I can' t believe they got Nobuo Uematsu to do the theme song. I wonder if he' s going to have anything to do with the other songs in the game.

Of course those aren' t going to be the only new characters, and considering how many characters they added for Melee, they have a lot to live up to.

They introduced Samus' s new " form," I wonder if you' re going to be able to switch between this form and her classic one, similar to Zelda/Sheik. How many characters could they give alternate forms to?
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 11, 2006 23:39
Just what I wanted to see... and then some.

Is that Pit and Meta-Knight? It is about time they showed up! I' m surprised Konami and Kojima allowed Snake to show up though. That' s a kickass bonus if ever I saw one.

*Watches trailer*

Oh my... that looked sick. That fart was absolutely nasty!
Game Junkie

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 00:51
Yep this is pretty much what I' ve been expecting for this one, damn now I need the Wii.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 01:04
hideo was almost begging nintendo to place snake in it :)

there will be lots of other characters - japan got a special voting service on who they want in it.

It looks so beautiful ...(I saw the high res trailer)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 May 06 17:04:49 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 01:32
Snakes special weapon should be a 30 minute long codec conversation.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 01:37
I kind of predicted that Wario, Pit and Meta Knight would be in a Smash Bros eventually- but Nintendogs and Snake? Damn, online play sure will be class!
Kannon

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 02:25
Well I hope Other companies(SEGA Capcom Treasure Hudson I would take anyone )
get their characters in SSBB.

Imagine the possiblities...

Veiwtiful Joe and...
Sonic and...
Bonks and Bomberman Classic (not the 360 version lol)
Han Randy Nicole Ginjirou Serena Valgar Kannon Undead Hero
(I basically want Guardian Heroes sorry {I should not have thought about it}
*cries a lil bit*) Red Blue
More Konami Alucard...

I mean if they can fit snake in their Then they can fit anyone (almost)

I really would take Rachet if he was up for grabs
Master Cheif lol

Too bad they could get some free publicity but money make the disk spin.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 03:38
actually kojima was asking them to include snake in GCN version - he really wanted him there , but game was to far in developement so this time Shigeru made it cause he promised it.

New characters are being discussed on a corporate level right now - there will definitely be Sonic I' m sure of it , but I wish Viewtiful joe is there too.

And this time single player will be even more fun than in GCN version.
Game Junkie

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 03:41
Yeah Viewtiful Joe, i forgot about him. SSB3 needs Joe,Sonic, and Mega Man.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 09:08
If any of you have played Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble then it' s plainly obvious that Joe was meant for a game like Smash Bros. Team Viewtiful tried to copy Smash with Red Hot Rumble and didn' t quite do it. Giving Joe to Smash Bros. would be the only way. Both Capcom and Sega really need to jump on this opportunity.
vdig

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 09:43
https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=48885&appid=&p=1&mpage=2&key=&language=&tmode=1&smode=1&s=#48919

Jumping here from that topic about " microsoft and nintendo buddying up?" .

If it is remotely true that Microsoft is trying to promote Nintendo for numerous reasons, then the likelihood of seeing Microsoft IPs in Smash Brothers is actually greater than zero, which makes for a very interesting situation.

Master Chief is now actually a VERY remote possibility instead of an impossibility.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 10:01
Let' s not take the comments made my Microsoft out of proportion. What they said was mainly the truth. Who would buy one expensive console when you can get two that do more?

It doesn' t instantly mean that Mario is going to find his way to X360 or Master Chief to Wii. I think it' s still an impossibility.

But back on topic, while it was inevitable a sequel would come out, god damn it' s good to hear. I just hope they don' t make many of the characters too similar like they did in Melee. Let' s see some new characters with new moves and new strategies.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 12 May 06 2:03:56 >
vdig

RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 12, 2006 11:19
Yes, the less clones there are in this iteration, the better. I did not like the Captain Falcon clone Ganondorf one iota. Falco was kinda lame, and the jump often-times lethal when coupled with the bunny hood, especially in the Game & Watch level. Roy and Marth... well, I kinda liked ' em, they had some differences, but still, they too were clones. Clones are cheap cop-outs to me. The developers should take their time to create individual character to each character in the roster.

Edit:
I did not say that it instantly means the IPs are going anywhere. I just said it opens a remote possibility... oh who am I kidding, it won' t happen. Still, one can dream
< Message edited by vdig -- 11 May 06 22:21:47 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 13, 2006 00:39
Until I heard the news, I didn' t think it' d feel right with third-party characters- but now I think Viewtiful Joe, Sonic, Pac-man and possibly a Final Fantasy character should be on it!

Oh, and Conker!

Plus it uses the traditional controller. OMFG I' m in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< Message edited by Marink -- 12 May 06 16:42:06 >
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 13, 2006 05:22
Wait a second, Snake? Solid Snake? Who' s next, perhaps CJ, with his special move " Hot Coffee" (with matching outfit(or lack of outfit)). Or maybe Atrus, the everloving übernerd from the Myst games. OOH! Wait! I Know! What about just abandoning the whole Game v. Game thing and put Lawrence of Arabia in there.
And we' ll throw Gollum and Margaret Thatcher in there just for kicks.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 13, 2006 05:55
I don' t think that would work Hounderdoggen. The lawrence of Arabia idea would be too tough to pull off, I mean we ALL have an idea in our head of what OUR Lawrence of Arabia should look and sound like, and If Nintendo goes and puts him in the game, it might not be right, and the backlash could be huge. Not only that, but I think Gollum and Margaret Thatcher would be unbalance characters. I mean come on, the one ring, and the right to make your own rules (as long as they' re voted on by parliment and then passed by the proper judicial systems) whenever you want??? No, I think they should stick to Video game characters.

As a second note, could someone explain to me why the hell I' d ever want to play this game??? I love Nintendo, but I can' t figure out what' s good about the smash brothers games? I' ve only played one for about half an hour, and it was entirely forgettable. Any insight would be great.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 12 May 06 21:56:27 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - May 13, 2006 13:00
Did you play it by yourself or with friends? Friends make this game awesome. Although it' s still great playing against the AI too.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message