Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What do you expect from Next-Gen?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 01, 2006 22:05
everyone of us expect many things from this Gen (next?), apart from graphis which is the most obvious part to get much improved, i still don' t see something revolutionary, what could those huge numbers specs do for games, i was thinking about fighting game, i think this genre didn' t get improved , the gameplay change, smoother animation , better graphics and that would be all, what i want finaly to see is:

1) In fights , characters should block the opponent attacks realisticly, if the punsh if going to the face , then the oppenent should hide his face when pushing the block button, i hope you understand what i mean, the block movement should match the attack, the idea appeared in Mortal Kombat deadly alliance first, but it' s far from perfect but the concept is there , i hope that with all this power developers have in hand , they can really make it happen, and thus allowing us to see some fancy flashy combat.

2) they should also add a buton to avoid hits, may be not all but most of them, if i want to give a low kick then once the other player hit a button his character should jump over the kick for exemple, or if i want to punsh him in the face, then he should lean backward, it' s almost like that Boxer from tekken, but again i want all players to have this ability in addition of the ability to block the attack. if you think that all that people will do is hitting taht button, developers should add a " focus" metter that you should use it wisely because if it' s empty, you can' t avoid the attacks anymore but to block them ( slight dammage), this will add a strategy to the game + each fight will be a true show with the right animation and graphics.

3) Please emotions, it' s already happening, Fight night round 3, more of that please .

4) one thing i always found ridiculous in fighting games is that if your character had a little energy left, then the other player might give you a very very light punsh and you' re " KO" , that' s not realistic at all, characters should show they are tired, damaged, and fighting death when they run out of energy.

5) clothes should get damaged as well...

that' s what i could think of, please let me know what you think about all of that and i hope oyu understand what i' m saying, let' s talk about every genre and see what can be improved.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 01, 2006 23:57
Well i always thought its lame that,when for ex in a rpg like Oblivion which i love and give 95/100 so dont get me wrong :P
That when you hit someone and he is almost dead,then he shouldn' t be able to be as much as a threat as the other guys close toi you with full health.
I want that in every rpg.
I hate when i play a rpg game,and usddenly the enemy who is almost dead,does a great attack or something,when he should just die in 1 hit more or somthing...

I also want people to breath heavy or something when they are hit,moving slow,i know some games done it,but i want it in all games.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 1 Apr 06 16:11:06 >
Abasoufiane

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 08:43
for god' s sake why nobody is interested in that thread, i mean it' s not the first time everytime i put up one of these threads , it' s dead, so what' s the problem?? people are lazy to think or are they empty or what the Fu*k is that !!

i thought people would be excited to share their opintions , how many times you said if only they could do that and that or why they didn' t do that ... come on !!

IDEAS are in COMA
QuezcatoL

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 08:51
This site has very few members O_o
What would happend if you and me left? would be dead ...
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 08:58
I' ve had dreams of taking a full grasp. You know like game gloves, to move completely. I could take a knife and watch the flesh rip off someone slowly as I cut through their flesh. YAY!!!
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 09:36
I expect it to have more depth in the games as in choices, options, area mass (like Oblivion), better AI, Physics, textures, more possibilities (Revolution), More games and uh.... yeh those things.
QuezcatoL

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 09:42
Havoc in every game.
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 11:25
How about BETTER THAN HAVOC!!! (Havoc Physics Powers Half-Life 2) PhysX Covame will be pwning in CoD3 :SRO, XD Pwnt, (Oh Snap it' s 2006)
artofshooting

• Total Posts : 5
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 20:13
I don' t expect much in next gen... I' m tired of thos emore and more realistic games.
I want fun damnit! sick of even and even ' closer to reality' games...
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 22:42
I expect games will get more artistic in their visual presentation.

...think Shadow of the Collossus

It' s getting to the point where every game looks so good it' s going to be hard for developers to catch gamers' eye with yet another pretty shooter, sports players that look even more realistic, etc.

Visuals are going to start crossing the line between " technically impressive" and " beautiful" far more often.

At least I hope so.

whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 22:51
I expect if what nintendo is about to do with the wand controller is any good, sony and microsoft will have come out with their own versions.
Perhaps even with improvments, thus making the price the chief reason for the revolution.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 23:04
simulated intelegence. Not artificial intelegence, enemies that react to your every move.
Take a war game for example. If you have 15 men on a squad, and you are up against a group of 7 underfed, exhausted, and disheartened men. In most cases they' d surrender or retreat to gather more forces, not run blindly into battle. Fear, Stamina, and Adrenaline should all be able to be implemented in next gen games.

It' s not going to be about hardware in the end, it' ll be about developers and how they use their knowlege of the development kits. Resident Evil 4 (gamecube) is a prime example. it is one of the most visually astounding games for Gamecube, Granted, with the huge hardware advantage that the Xbox has, it wouldn' t be fair to compare it to the likes of that machine, but there are Xbox games that look worse than Resident Evil 4, a game first released on the weakest of the big 3 consoles (in terms of hardware only). I like shiny graphics, but those will only entertain me for so long.
Abasoufiane

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 02, 2006 23:09
man the gamecube is not the lowest machine at all, well it produces lower polygone/s than ps2 or xbox but it as other advantages than ps2.

ps2 is the weakest console of the three.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 00:59

it produces lower polygone/s than ps2 or xbox

Heard it on Wikipedia eh?!

It' s not quite true, as is highlighted perfectly by RE4 where the poly-count had to be lowered for the PS2 version.

Leons overall poly-count was fairly close but when you have the two games running side by side you can see fairly noticable differences that you otherwise would have missed.

The trees for example. In the PS2 version there are far less trees than in the Gamecube version of the game, as shown here...

Note: the images may look even closer than they actually are due to the small size of the screenshots.

Gamecube

Playstation 2

The other biggest differences were the textures and lighting, both which had to be reduced for PS2, as shown here...

Gamecube

Playstation 2

The PS2 version is an amazing game, and one of the consoles best, but PS2 can' t do as much as Gamecube and that includes the number of onscreen ploygons.

It' s a relatively common mistake though. The Playstation 2 is by far the weakest console but it' s saving grace is it' s huge amount of bandwidth allowing for tons of particle effects (more than even Xbox).

I can' t wait for RE5!!!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Apr 06 17:10:35 >
QuezcatoL

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 01:54
Your right majik,however you doesnt say that the gc use 1.5 gb disc,and not dvd' s,thus its impossible to make games as demanding or big as FF10 for ex.
Nitro

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 02:04
Very true!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 02:09
Can' t you just put them on several discs as with Tales of Symphonia or RE4?
Abasoufiane

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 02:25
no i didnt' hear it on wikipedia: from what i always knew:

Game cube around 12 ploy/s
ps2 around 55 poly/s
x box around 100 poly/s

you exemple of reseident evil isn' t a proof, becaus ethere might be other reasons why gamecube could display such amount of polygons while not reaching its max (12 million)
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 2 Apr 06 18:31:45 >
Nitro

RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 02:40
Hahahahaha...

Obviously you believe everything Sony say...
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: What do you expect from Next-Gen? - Apr 03, 2006 02:40

Note: the images may look even closer than they actually are due to the small size of the screenshots

I see a bigger difference than I thougth their was like the absence of trees
the lighting was obvious but only with a side by side comparison did I notice
much more

Can' t you just put them on several discs as with Tales of Symphonia or RE4?

Most companies just didn' t want put their long games (FF and other reasons )
on the Cube
multiple disks is not a good enougn reason not to
I mean I know I would have bought them
I like FF but never had my own personal Playstaions
i still bought the ones i could

What I think they should do with next/new gen is eliminate what limitations they
could have done away with previously like inaccesible areas just because
and well I' d like to see two play story modes like Halo and
Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams CO-OP
doesn' t need to have anything to do with the story
One of the best (non relevant) co-ops I have played is on
Legend of Oasis/Story of Thor 2 on the Saturn
you could Climb on each others back to reach places that
would be much harder or use your head as a stepping stone
< Message edited by Kannon -- 2 Apr 06 22:02:20 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission