Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 only 1 not impressed
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 01:35
I disagree, i think it' s wholley achievable but not for every type of game.

Thre are several uber-cool new animation techniques that will be used this generation with Lucas Arts & NaturalMotion' s ' euphoria' leading the way, and since animation adds so much to realism and immersion the games this gen will be more believable than ever.

The animations in GRAW are awesome and probably the best in any game yet, and Rainbow Six: Vegas is looking to follow suit, but obviously not all genres of game and not all developers will advance at the same rate.

Games like GRAW which has come at the beginning of this generation are only a glimpse of what we can expect to come over the next 5 or 6 years. Engines like Unreal Engine 3.0 and CryENGINE 2 will really push the visuals towards what we would say is CG quality. Obviously the engine that come later in the generation Unreal Engine 4.0 and whatever else will take us even closer, but i think that in some games this gen we will see Toy Story-esque visuals.

However, just as game engine advance so does CG, with Advent Children being the best yet so ingame visuals will never surpass CG.

Personally i am more interested in games like Okami.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 02:08
Agree with more interesting games like Okami, but i' m not saying CG is not
achievable, i' m saying that we will come close to mimicking certain aspects of
it, the way clothes move, slick animation, lighting effects.

Each unique game will come with their own particular skill that they accel in
but, I doubt we will get a full game this generation looking like an entire cut-scene
out of Final Fantasy AC..

I still stick with that being plausible to gens down the line...
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 08:21
Final Fantasy AC level of detail in games? In this generation, no way. You are looking at the next console war. By then, Vista is a reality, Squeenix will roll up a triple threat of unlucky numbers, and computers will potentially overclock into the 50 GHz range via multi-core processing, if not larger.

No, I don' t know that so-called ' magic formula' on how fast PCs should get powerful per annum. Never been that good at retaining such specific formulas. I' m not necessarily talking super computers either. Those things are beasts even now.

At the moment, the leap to next gen gameplay is not noticeable yet. Give it time. Hopefully, my time is not anytime soon. I need to see more.

< Message edited by vdig -- 17 May 06 19:22:23 >
Rock_Howard

• Total Posts : 8
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 09:46
quake wars, gears of war, UT 2007, they sound and look great. But the $$$$$ is pretty much a head shot.

I would like to hear your idea stephen ashaley.

As for graphics, i feel that we really should really focus more on other elements.

Though I will most likely recieve quiet a bit of heat over my opinion here it goes.

Duke Nukem 3D over halo

chrono trigger is way better that ff10.

bubble bobble kicks a$$

Say what you like, but graphics aren' t all i' m looking for

Nintendo should take Super Mario World, port it to the game cube, and add new levels until they fill an entire disc.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 17:57

ORIGINAL: Rock_Howard

My great decrease in , for lack of a better word, intrest in this generation may also be from the interference of new things in life:

Getting a my drivers licence (Going to driveing school for that matter).

getting a car

getting a job

I liked the super smash brothers games but never enough to buy them. Same goes for the halo games. although DOA4 looks excellent I really like 2d fighters better (KOF). The racing games have nice graphics but i' m so bad i wont pick up the controller. The fact that I am a bit more concerned about spending money also influences my view greatly.

Don' t get me wrong there are many games that I want to play but so far none that
I want to spend all that money on.

It' s called " growing up" brother, and most of us know what you' re talking about.

I remember getting my first " real" video game system (I don' t count my Memorex). I have fond memories of the first games that I had. I remember the anticipation of the newer systems, sequels for games that I loved, and new IPs. That was all before I had to think about car insurance, working 40 hours, grocery shopping, budgeting, taxes, etc., etc.

I used to play RPGs until my eyes bled! Now I just play for, maybe, a couple of hours in a day (if I' m lucky). I still buy ' em, though. That' s the one good thing I guess. I now make enough money that I can buy any DAMN games that I want (without having to go through Mom' s budget!) Shame I can' t buy them and send them to myself when I was little! I guess that' s what having kids is for!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: only 1 not impressed - May 18, 2006 18:58

Say what you like, but graphics aren' t all i' m looking for

It' s true that games are not all about graphics, but as it has been said before,
graphics play a major part.

To the constant gamer, graphics will mean very little, but to the common person
it' s the best looking game that catches their eye. Because the casual gamer is
fickle, we can look at games like......

Sonic on the old Genesis and MS consoles, and still want to go back to that,
I recently gave my little cousins a choice between taking my X-Box and taking
my gamecube, and they choice X-box because of the explosions in Halo and the
fluidity of the fighters in DOA. Looking at Wind Waker, they said it looked too
stupid; so graphics do play a major part in terms of attracting customers that don' t
know any better (AS LONG AS THE PRICE IS REASONABLE)

(Bearing in mind, my cousins are 7 and 5.)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message