Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Price Cuts Cometh...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Price Cuts Cometh... - Apr 23, 2007 04:58

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Sony never relied on GTA, the PS2 had the most games in last gen by far.

The GTA series did wonders for PS2 sales. The PS2 versions of III, Vice City and San Andreas rank within the all time sales chart top 10.

They certainly didn' t rely on the GTA games but they certainly helped, especially in the US.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 Price Cuts Cometh... - Apr 23, 2007 05:19

The GTA series did wonders for PS2 sales. The PS2 versions of III, Vice City and San Andreas rank within the all time sales chart top 10.

They certainly didn' t rely on the GTA games but they certainly helped, especially in the US.

GTA III was the tipping point for me. I had considered getting a ps2 prior to it, but when I played it I knew I had to buy one right away. I knew quite a lot of people who bought one when Vice City came out as well.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PS3 Price Cuts Cometh... - Apr 23, 2007 07:09
Personally with the Elite being released with it' s " improved" spec, I think Sony might have to rethink their strategy, I mean M$ are selling the Elite for what $480 against $599 (for the 60Gb), If M$ drop the price of the premium by $50 to $100 then if the Elite is using 65nm they can drop the Elite price meaning that Sony will have to drop the PS3 by what $100 to $150, just to try and compete, can they really afford to do that? They are going to have to do something and if they leave it to Oct or Nov, it might be too late.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 Price Cuts Cometh... - Apr 23, 2007 07:24
If MS wanted to screw over Sony and Nintendo all they need to do is lower the price of the Core and Premium by 50$ each.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 22 Apr 07 23:26:32 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 Price Cuts Cometh... - Apr 23, 2007 09:31
Something wicked this way comes for Sony. I can' t see them picking up on the beat that fast. Despite their recent performance, that' s still a major change in the way they do business.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message