Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lair (new HD gameplay videos)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Lair (new HD gameplay videos) - Apr 15, 2007 16:01

Lair, better known as lets run through thousa-ahem-hundre-ahem-tens of onscreen enemies towards the camera.

The air combat looks decent enough, but ploughing through footsoldier after footsoldier is gonna get old... quick.

In that case, the Japanese should love this game. After all, there are plenty of great selling games they have had that are the same, but less diverse, with worse graphics, and extremely contrived storylines. That said, the Japanese also have a crazy market, and could easily not buy this game, for no apparent reason.

I love their cars, and their electronics, even their culture and food, but I don' t even pretend to understand their media or gaming tastes. I still find it funny how Pearl Harbor (the movie that sucked more than Chadwarden meeting the Village People) grossed the largest profits in Japan.

Edit : broken quote
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 15 Apr 07 8:03:18 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Lair (new HD gameplay videos) - Apr 15, 2007 16:02
I think it looks like a good game, the videos on game trailers impressed me. The ground combat shown thus far would be a great addition IF you could jump off and fight with the soldier, like in dragon dragoon/drakengard.

Still can' t wait though, happy enough about motion controls, just hope its implemented well come release. GFX are more impressive than i first thought.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lair (new HD gameplay videos) - Apr 16, 2007 00:32

The air combat looks decent enough, but ploughing through footsoldier after footsoldier is gonna get old... quick.

Just like citizens on the GTA games

Cheif, we already talked about that! GTA Oklahoma!? Remember!? You get an achievement just for finding a person!

by having the dragon susceptible to massive damage

We know how well that theory worked out.

Still can' t wait though, happy enough about motion controls, just hope its implemented well come release. GFX are more impressive than i first thought.
From a technical standpoint the game is fine, but I think it' s missing something. The ground troops are all equally spaced apart, doing not a whole lot of anything until you swoop down on them. I was expecting more than 1 on 1 swordfights on a battlefield that big, but that' s just me.

Hopefully they can implement SIXAXIS correctly, but from reports as of late, controlling your dragon on the ground is a monster.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Lair (new HD gameplay videos) - Apr 16, 2007 00:49
The ground motion control was removed ages ago, its now analogue based, the only complaints ive heard recently is what ign have said abut the turning 180 when in combat... also the lock on thig (as shown in the trailer) where you just seem to turn unexpectedly it seems would be a pain

Overall it' ll be a 7/8 out of 10 i think
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread