Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA4
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 87
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:29
Maah, I dont know what to think. So the ' IV' was just a reference to ' III' with nicer graphics? Or will they revamp the whole idea behind GTA and make the entire thing less cartoony and more gritty - kinda like ' III' the way it could have been with more processing power for AI, lifecycles, environment weathering etc...

I think the environments look fantastic, there' s so much detail and the lighting is just right. I' d be pleased if they followed through and revolutionised the gameplay too by making it more realistic, creating a living breathing city where the people arent such cartoons, and things dont just spawn at one end of the street to disappear when out of sight.

I suppose the humour would look a little out of place then. I wonder if a serious GTA would sell...
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:30
The graphics look nice if they can pull off physics and large numbers of people in firefights without any noticeable slowdown and keep the FPS high.

Past that, the video doesn' t show enough to speculate on the features thus far. I would buy it even if it wasn' t any different than the others gameplay wise, largely because I still love the huge open driving environments and chases. Sandbox gameplay takes a long time to get old, and if the driving physics are right, they can keep me playing for a long time.

That said, lets hope they really push for more than just a prettier game. I would definitely like to see water/air travel polished and done well, and I would prefer a smaller city with fully fleshed buildings which you can go into rather than a huge one with buildings with no inside. This would immerse you in the game much more than the past games, and is one of the aspects they could definitely improve upon.

Oh, and hopefully there is less swearing. I f*cking couldn' t take the sh!t mouthed dialogue from CJ in SA.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 09:56
i finaly saw the trailer and it really looks amazing, much better than pictures. From the accent , as many people say, it' s either middle eastern guy or from eastern europe or russian. middle eastern people don' t have mafia in the culture so the character wouldn' t really fit in the world of GTA, a russian (or from eastern europe) though would make much more sense.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 10:00
Russian is most likely but to me he sounds more Czech than Russian.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 10:06
i don' t know how you could say that, but they all sound alike to me from those regions.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 10:22
Those graphics are awful.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 10:46
I finally downloaded it, and the graphics were much much better than i had expected, and it sounds like it has a decent plot to it, unlike the other games where all you do is do retarded missions like killing people on a golf course with a golf club
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 11:06
The low-res shadow maps are distracting, but this is an issue with all next-gen games from what I' ve seen so far.

NYC is a great place to actually visit, but not so interesting to me as a setting in a video game.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 11:47

NYC is a great place to actually visit, but not so interesting to me as a setting in a video game.

I think it looks great. The rest of the locations are dull and sad. This game would have looked really great if it were made last gen. Right now it just looks like a mediocre this gen game
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 12:34
This game will kick ass.
Nitro

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 17:00
GTA (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas)
GTA London (Erm, ...London)
GTA2 (Anywhere City)
GTA III (Liberty City)
GTA III: Vice City (Vice City)
GTA III: San Andreas (San Andreas)
GTA III: Liberty City Stories
GTA III: Vice City Stories

Liberty City = New York
Vice City = Miami
San Andreas = San Fransisco

GTA IV will be the forth time we' ve played in Liberty City, it' s time to move on now.

I' m sure the game will be awesome but do they really have to re-make the same game again?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 17:09

GTA (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas)
GTA London (Erm, ...London)
GTA2 (Anywhere City)
GTA III (Liberty City)
GTA III: Vice City (Vice City)
GTA III: San Andreas (San Andreas)
GTA III: Liberty City Stories
GTA III: Vice City Stories

Liberty City = New York
Vice City = Miami
San Andreas = San Fransisco

GTA IV will be the forth time we' ve played in Liberty City, it' s time to move on now.

I' m sure the game will be awesome but do they really have to re-make the same game again?

I agree, while this may be a more fleshed out and impressive New York City, its still a similar setting. At least Liberty City was always my favorite as far as terrain went. Vice city had my favorite story.

San Andreas was Los Angeles(first island), San Francisco(second island), and Las Vegas(third island).
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 17:22
To me this looks like liberty city stories but from the viewpoint of another gang. I agree with both Nitro and the Chief. The location has been done before and yes the graphics look pretty they are nothing special for a next gen game, it almost reminded me of " The Godfather." to some extent.
Agent Ghost

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 18:22

You' re just bitter because the location was thought to be London. Joking. Seriously though, it doesn' t matter what city it takes place in.
Nitro

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 19:14

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

You' re just bitter because the location was thought to be London. Joking. Seriously though, it doesn' t matter what city it takes place in.

Hahaha, ....well it' s not necessarily the location itself because i' m sure it' ll look completely different than in the previous games. It' s just that they seem unwilling to take any real risks, ...which i partially understand because of their weak financial situation. I' d just hoped for something more, something else.

The game is destined to be a huge success and it' s destined to draw the same kind of criticism the previous games faced which will not do them any good. After Table Tennis i' d hoped to see Rockstar turn their talents to other genres, but they seem to be unable to make anything else stick.

The GTA game have been massive technical achievements of their release platforms, and i' m certain this will be just as groundbreaking, but with games like Saints Row 2, Driver PS3 and The Getaway coming, Rockstar need to be cautious because their one-trick-pony won' t keep them going forever.
Agent Ghost

RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 20:09
...but all we' ve seen is the location and a glimps at the graphics. What makes you think those other games will even come close to GTA? Saints Row blows, The Getaway is trash and Drive sucks. None of those are in the same league as GTA. I' m not even sure Drive is a sandbox game at all.

GTA is not a one trick pony. GTA is like TES series, a lot of imitators but none even come close. GTA has so much depth and so many different layers. I just dusted off GTAIII and I' m still finding things I missed. I' m not even conserned about their finacial state either. If they have to borrow money to produce the game they will do so.

I guess it' s useless to argue at this point. I' d rather just wait and see. However, I stand by my prediction. GTA4>the rest.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 30 Mar 07 12:47:32 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 20:23
So far so good ... Graphics are okay lets see what they can do with the gameplay ..
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 21:00
It looks like they have kept their traditional humour and satire - paticularly like the advert for the film in chick-flick style for ' I slept with your Mom'
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 21:09

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

middle eastern people don' t have mafia in the culture so the character wouldn' t really fit in the world of GTA, a russian (or from eastern europe) though would make much more sense.

I beg to differ, try going to Kharkov in the Ukraine, the mafia is absolutely rife out there, as it is in lithuania and most former communist run countries.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: GTA4 - Mar 30, 2007 21:20
...i' ve seen better looking turds...
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 87

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages