Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamestop has full stock of PS3s
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 00:28
By this logic, the 360 must be floping too as they can also be readily found on store shelves.

The ps3 launched In Novemeber, the Demand will go down and the stocks will go up, did you expect it to be in short supply any longer?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 00:57
A good question to ask if you really want to compare the ps3 sales to 360 sales, is to look at the price of the 360 at launch and the few months to follow, to the price of the ps3 in that same time frame.

I say this because, I agree to some extent that the price of the ps3 maybe the problem, or just as with the 360, maybe people are waiting to buy a ps3 when there are more games out that they want. For example Metal Gear Solid 4, I think will be a console selling game for Sony, so I think we should wait until then to get a real answer/comparison of the 2.

Just my thoughts.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 01:13

A good question to ask if you really want to compare the ps3 sales to 360 sales, is to look at the price of the 360 at launch and the few months to follow, to the price of the ps3 in that same time frame.

I say this because, I agree to some extent that the price of the ps3 maybe the problem, or just as with the 360, maybe people are waiting to buy a ps3 when there are more games out that they want. For example Metal Gear Solid 4, I think will be a console selling game for Sony, so I think we should wait until then to get a real answer/comparison of the 2.

I agree. In fact, 3 of my friends all say they are waiting for the ps3 to either go down in price, or for it to get more games they want to play. It' s up to Sony to turn the ps3 around, not third party developers, and they really need to start getting exclusives.

The main reason I post in these threads about how the ps3 is doing poorly is because I know they aren' t coming from an unbiased standpoint. You can' t really compare the ps3 sales to the Xbox360' s sales in its first few months. The ps3 is going up against the wii and the xbox, 2 competitors the Xbox never had. Now you might say its Sony' s fault for launching late, and I would say that yes, this was to be expected when they announced the long delays. However, it still does not change the fact that comparing two different consoles, launched in completely different circumstances, and claiming one is failing so early on, before even a European launch is just shortsighted. If we were to look at things a similar way, then the original Xbox would be a failure. Remember, neither Sony or MS thought the Wii would be as popular as it is, and I can guarantee you that if it had either not been launched, or had been a repeat of the GC, both the Xbox and Ps3 would be selling a fair amount more. This is not to make excuses for the ps3, but I just want people to think and look at things more clearly
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 02:23
Exactly ... U cant compare the sales of the ps3 and the xbox360 .. This thread was about the ps3 sales and u jumped in with ur comparsion with the xbox360 sales ..This board is no longer a 360 fanboy heaven since some " members" left so i guess u dont have to be worried about " biased" opinions unless ofcourse u urself are a fanboy ..
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 03:00
Well it was just about the ps3 being in stock initially. But then people started saying it was a flop, and it wasn' t succesful. However to say that, you have to be comparing it to something else to make that judgement. And considering there has only been one other console with such a high price point etc, I just assumed they were comparing it to the Xbox360. From now on I won' t bother.

Lets just say the ps3 isn' t selling as well as Sony would like, but isn' t selling as poorly as a lot of fanboys would like.
canadagamer

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 03:05
The reason why so many people became, or have thought to become 360 fanboys, I think, is because of all of the bullshit Sony put gamers through. I think you' ll have to agree that they on their own could have avoided a lot of this by coming clean and honest with the delay of the original launch. Once again, just my thought.

I also think that Sony are in a situation that they have not been in since they launched the original Playstation, wherein they now have legitimate consoles out there that are taking a lot of the comsumer base they had with PS1 and PS2.

This example will probable be best understood by Avarice to demonstrate what I mean by that statement.

In Alberta, the Province in Canada I live in, there was only the Calgary Flames or only the Edmonton Oilers hockey clubs, the demand for tickets to go see a game would be astronomical, as millions of people would be scrounging for tickets to go see one of the teams.

Whereas, in actuality, there are 2 teams so that gives the millions of people who live in Alberta a choice between the 2 teams and who they will cheer for and where there money will be spent on tickets, jerseys etc.

Do you know what I mean.

There are 3 very good consoles out there, so logic tells us that Sony will not repeat the sales of the PS2 no matter what they do.
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 03:21
I understand completely. You are on point when you say that the ps3 won' t match the ps2' s sales numbers. I think they would be lucky to match half of its sales at this point, especially considering its still selling more than the ps3 or xbox360 every month.

I also agree that almost all the problems the ps3 currently has is because of Sony mismanagement. The loss of exclusives, the rushed vid card, the lack of major support for devs has all caused problems. Sony isn' t as stupid as a lot of people would like to think though, and I think they can rectify a lot of problems in the coming years(no its not gonna happen in the short term, it never does with consoles).

As far as the fanboyism, I really can' t ever come to grips with x360 fanboy' s viewpoints. They are just so biased, angry, and overall misinformed, and want to remain that way. Thats not to say Playstation fanboys are any better, there are just less of them, or if there are as many, they are less vocal. My main issue is wondering why people would want Sony to fail. I certainly don' t want MS or Nintendo to fail. Every company especially Sony and Nintendo have made some amazing games in the past, and I don' t know why anyone would not want the ps3 to be a repeat of the ps2. I personally have two fav consoles of all time(based on number and quality of games available) and its the ps2 and the Super Nintendo (SNES). IMO any console would be lucky to have the scope of games these two did.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 05:58
Canadian Hockey Analogies! Finally some intelligent ideas!

..This board is no longer a 360 fanboy heaven since some " members" left so i guess u dont have to be worried about " biased" opinions unless ofcourse u urself are a fanboy ..

This forum wasn' t a " 360 fanboy heaven" . A few people kept stoking the fire, & everybody else responded. It wasn' t, and has never been 100% Quezcatol' s fault. (There we go, said the name) Even Majik would agree to that.

Exactly ... U cant compare the sales of the ps3 and the xbox360
Sure you can. Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo are already having a good ' ol time sizing eachother up without our help.

XBL vs. PSO
Download Channel vs. Marketplace
WiiMote vs. Sixaxis
PS3 HDMI vs. Zephyr (?)
(insert countless links to " PS3' s/360' s/Wii' s lead doesn' t matter" articles here)

.. This thread was about the ps3 sales and u jumped in with ur comparsion with the xbox360 sales

It' s not your place to tell someone how they should be posting. Last time I checked the thread, no one in here (you included) was a moderator.

canadagamer

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 07:28
It' s in human nature to want to see the giant fall. Everybody in Major League Basebal wants to see the Yankees fall, hockey they want the Detroit Red Wings to fall. It' s the Big Bad Empire Syndrome.

When your at the top, there is no place to go but down, and people love to watch it fall.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 07:49
My platform of choice is now the PC. However I prefer the 360 out of the three consoles but that doesn' t mean I want the other two to fail. Infact I kinda wish they all succeed, but especially Nintendo. I sincerely hope Nintendo makes Trillions with Wii and decides to use the Sony/MS strategy and beat them both at their own game next gen (post Wii) and make some uber console that dwarves PS4 and Xbox 3 in proccessing power.

I was raised with Nintendo, and I don' t like to see MS and Sony trample on them. I want Nintendo to make money with Wii so that can get cocky and can invest heavily into their next console and make it kick ass. I want to see them dominate in their field rather then settle for a niche market. That would be the natural order of things.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 08:30

I was raised with Nintendo, and I don' t like to see MS and Sony trample on them. I want Nintendo to make money with Wii so that can get cocky and can invest heavily into their next console and make it kick ass. I want to see them dominate in their field rather then settle for a niche market. That would be the natural order of things.

I dont know if i could even imagine what a powerful console buy nintendo would be like
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 09:18

I dont know if i could even imagine what a powerful console buy nintendo would be like

The N64 was very poweful for its day. The thing that held it back was the damned cartridges. In fact, its still something that makes me think back every now and then. What if nintendo had made a powerful console that used the traditional disc format? It sure woulda made game ports easier(one of the N64' s major problems was lack of 3rd party). At the time the N64 came out, people still loved nintendo, the SNES was a huge hit, and they hadn' t made any goofs yet. I really think if they had thought a bit more, they could have sold a lot more consoles and really changed their place in the current market.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 10:33
I remember when the ps1-64-DC generation came out. I bought the ps1 first, but i hated it because the only games i like for it were the Smackdown series that hadnt came out yet, So i just kept playing my SNES until i got a 64. I didnt get a DC until after it failed
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 14:26

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I remember when the ps1-64-DC generation came out. I bought the ps1 first, but i hated it because the only games i like for it were the Smackdown series that hadnt came out yet, So i just kept playing my SNES until i got a 64.

So u havent played Xenogears, Vagrant Story or Valkiria Profile???

didnt get a DC until after it failed

Thats too bad
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 18:35

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

It' s not your place to tell someone how they should be posting. Last time I checked the thread, no one in here (you included) was a moderator.

Wooh ... I didnt mean that man .. I said that cos Avarice himself said that the sales of the two cant be compared ...
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 09, 2007 21:29

I remember when the ps1-64-DC generation came out.

The DC is not that generation though. The DC is in the same generation as PS2, GC and Xbox. It was the first 128-bit console showing a huge graphical leap over PS1 and N64. It' s just that the other consoles got released later. With Xbox and GC quite a bit later.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 10, 2007 02:14

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

It' s in human nature to want to see the giant fall. Everybody in Major League Basebal wants to see the Yankees fall, hockey they want the Detroit Red Wings to fall. It' s the Big Bad Empire Syndrome.

When your at the top, there is no place to go but down, and people love to watch it fall.

Very poetic.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 10, 2007 04:43

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Wooh ... I didnt mean that man .. I said that cos Avarice himself said that the sales of the two cant be compared ...

My bad dude. Misinterpreted your post.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 12, 2007 03:48

So u havent played Xenogears, Vagrant Story or Valkiria Profile???

Ooh Ooh, Generic J-Games!!!! Whats not to love!?
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 13, 2007 14:01

Eddie the hated:
They' re not even hiding behind the " limited supply" banner anymore. EB Gamestop has a full stock of PS3s.

It just says it' s in stock, it might be 1, it might be 100, it does not says it is in ' full stock' .. :P
All the consoles are in limited suply, however Sony ships enough, let' s just hope that' s the case when Europe and Australia also enters the market.. :-/

Avarice:
I agree. In fact, 3 of my friends all say they are waiting for the ps3 to either go down in price, or for it to get more games they want to play. It' s up to Sony to turn the ps3 around, not third party developers, and they really need to start getting exclusives.

Out of the games that I am going to get at European laundh for PS3, 4 out of 6 are PS3 exclusives (I think), wich isn' t all that bad this early in the life-cycle. :)

Resistance - Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Formula 1 - CE, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, are the exclusives, I' m gonna get.
I' m also going to get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Virtua Tennis 3.

I am abit unsure if I' m gonna get Def Jam: Icons, or Virtua Fighter. :)

I am very happy with the games wich seems to be in production by the Sony studios, abit sad that Everybody' s Golf for PS3, dosn' t make launch. :-/
Heavenly Sword, Lair and Warhawk, all looks very interesting, and I' m pretty sure they will get bought, but those didn' t make launch either.. :(

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message