Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six Demo now Live
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 07:48
Dead Rising has to be my favourite game on 360 so far. It doesn' t take itself so seriously, and it tries something a little new. Lets hope for more games that follow after it. Lost Planet is looking good too.

I do agree with f3 to some extent though. There are plenty of new genres to explore in games, but they always will fall back on the captain america, armies, guns, and heroes themes of old...cos that' s what sells....in the west. " Oh noes, the terrorists/aliens, quick, shoot em all!!" ie GRAW/2, GoW, Halo/2/3, Crysis, CoD/2/3, etc etc

I do like R6:Vegas for it' s style, but the substance is still the same old I guess.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 27 Oct 06 23:52:21 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 07:56
The thread is about the Demo, no need to continue with the argument. We all have opinions just remember F3, there is no such thing as ORIGINAL there is only Innovation. " There is nothing new under the sun."
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 15:52

I do like R6:Vegas for it' s style, but the substance is still the same old I guess.

What new substance would you like? I mean you cant really throw in Zombie terrorist or an alien menace into games like this. All 3 Rainbow games have had varied background stories that has been worth reading and listening to at the mission briefings, no you havent been served everything on a silver platter like most games, but if you want to find out whats going on, the info is there.

The same old is good, if its still great from the previous games, i see no problem in gunning down terrorists, atleast the characters dont run around with barrels and boxes over their heads
choupolo

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 21:53
I dunno. Maybe trying something more contraversial, like not making R6 out to be the sole good guys and the terrorists out to be the sole bad guys. Of course I' m not for terrorism or anything, but even I know it' s not as simple as good shoots evil.

They could keep R6 fundamentally the same ie a cool looking tactical shooter, but just add a few interesting characters here and there who aren' t all good, but aren' t all bad either, or governments giving R6 orders with ulterior motives.

Maybe a couple of gameplay dilemmas where you have to make tough choices eg sacrifice one hostage for the sake of many? etc. War is complex.

Hey maybe it will have a few of these and the demo doesn' t show it. (Or maybe if I made R6 no-one would buy it! ) But at the moment it just plays like a Steven Segal film. I' m still getting it though, as the multiplayer should be fun as always.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 28 Oct 06 14:26:42 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 22:42
Isn' t almost completely chnging the way the game is played, changing the main core mechanics good enough?

Previously Rainbow Six " proper" was a seriously hardcore PC game. The console iterations were shit. Same thing with Ghost Recon (with the exception of GR2 which was Xbox only and more friendly). They' ve rworked the mechanics and are making titles that appeal to more casual gamers. They' re making them much more cinematic and upping the production values while removing complex commands and streamlining the control system.

Ok, so they may not be your type of game but people like us adore them.

The Clancy games are loosely based on books and so they obviously can' t stray too far from the core material and they have to keep them as realistic as they can without straying into the realm of simulators or arcade shooters.

I' ve played through the demo about 12 or 13 times now and i' m definately looking forward to this more than Gears of War. I know people who haven' t completed the demo once yet but they' re not playing it right and making use of their team members.

What weapons have you guys found in the demo?

I found the Famas, P90, Aug A3 and UMP. Is there anything else?
choupolo

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 23:23
Oh yea, the revamped game mechanics are nice. The same complex teamwork and timing which previous R6s stood for, just easier to access. I think they' ve done well there not to sacrifice too much of the old gameplay.

Ok, so they may not be your type of game but people like us adore them.

I suppose that was what I was getting at. Maybe a more complex storyline/motivation for the game wouldn' t sell, but I would welcome it. I' m sure the books hold more intrigue and detail than the games, although I' ve never read any tbh.

< Message edited by choupolo -- 28 Oct 06 15:23:56 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 28, 2006 23:55
I lkike the story lines of the clancy games, they resample real world situations, as oppossed to other games that just go balistic with their worlds even though the games doesnt need it!
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 00:30
I like the fact that in GRAW and RB6 there are no cutscenes. Everything is seen from the perspective of the character you' re controling, in GRAW, you see things that happen elsewhere through the cross-com. It kicks ass and adds to the immersion no end.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 07:53
The one change to mechanics they did since the original (which has put me off of every game lately) has been the " leader" bullshit, how you can only play one person and if you die the game is over. The strategic switching between characters is what made this game so legendary back in the day.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 09:12
Alecrein, after seeing your avatar, you know what I would really like? Another Legacy if Kain game. I mean Defiance I tought was very good as far as action games went, and the mythology of the series has always been fascinating. Any idea what' s going on with this, and if we might see another game someday?
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 15:15
PS3 already has 1080p games running at 60fps, x360 cant even keep up 60fps @ 720p.

Nice try Vx.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 17:19

PS3 already has 1080p games running at 60fps, x360 cant even keep up 60fps @ 720p.

Nice try Vx.

PS3 has nothing at all! And you truly show your intelligence by believing Sony propaganda!
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 19:44
I played the demo in 480p and saw no slowdown a all. In 720p an encountered two instances of very minor (less tha a second) when beaching into the locker room. And in 1080i where i found the framerate was dropping constantly.

360 was built with 720p in mind, PS3 was built with 1080p in mind. That being said, it' s only the less graphically intensive games like Virtua Tennis 3 that are running in 1080p @ 60fps. We need to wait and see whether games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 hit 1080p, ...and we also need to wait for the fall 360 update to see how 360 copes with it' s " fake" 1080p.

I' d much rather 360 games were in 720p @ 60fps, or even a capped 30fps if it' s a game like Gears. From what i' ve heard the RB6 demo is around 3 months old and the game is running without framerate hiccups.

As a side note, DoA4, Moto GP 06, Ridge Racer 6 CoD2, Burnout Revenge etc are all 60fps on 360. I' m sue there are moe but i can;t think what they are off the top of my head.
choupolo

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 19:50
Ah so d' yu reckon it was slowing down on my 360 because I was running in 1366xwhatever and it had to use cpu power to scale?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 29, 2006 22:27

What weapons have you guys found in the demo?

I found the Famas, P90, Aug A3 and UMP. Is there anything else?
I don' t think so. I' ve played through the demo multiple times, refining my strategy and that, but I haven' t found anything else except maybe the unidentifiable turret on the rooftop.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 30, 2006 08:02
I' ve only just figured out how to swith to single round and how to equip the silencer...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 30, 2006 08:21

I' ve only just figured out how to swith to single round and how to equip the silencer...

I knew that, AND I DIDNT EVEN PLAY THE GAME!

...some people...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 31, 2006 03:12

Lol Handy isn' t it?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 31, 2006 03:16
sorry for caps now people,i really mean it im sorry but...

THE MUSIC IS FUCKING RETARDED AND ANOYYING OMG THE DEMO WAS SO COOL BUT THE MUSIC WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING DUMB ADN ANNOYING MN Y HEAD HURTS!!!!!!!!!
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Demo now Live - Oct 31, 2006 03:18
I actually really like the music...
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 30 Oct 06 19:18:55 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages