Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pink PSTwo
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 81
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 03:19

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Resistance is officially supposed to accomodate 40+ players. The newest media of the game looks amazing.

It looked exteremly ' bog standard' at e3. But it has been a Few months. 40+ sounds very cool, hopefully the graphics + single player will live up to it.

I know, i slated the E3 build pretty badly. It has improved drastically though and they even have the head bob in there now. Go HERE and check out the new footage (i know it' s bad quality but you can definately see how it' s improved) and see the new lighting and an awesome looking enemy attack that requires you to shake the pad to get them off.

I think it' s going to turn out to be a great launch title for Sony.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 04:46
Is this the span of the creativity they can do with the pad?

First MGS, then Tekken, now resistance are ALL going to use the pad to shake
off enemies... (Well MGS is more of a case of shaking people for information)

I wonder how well Resistance will fair without vibration? Some people do like
to feel the power behind their gun... But I don' t know, maybe shaking the
controller around is enough for people..

I' ll stick with my Gears and Rainbow 6 for the meantime... I' ll need to see more
on this game before I get sucked in..
Nitro

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 05:08

Well MGS is more of a case of shaking people for information

Or violently twisting it to break necks...

I wonder how well Resistance will fair without vibration? Some people do like to feel the power behind their gun... But I don' t know, maybe shaking the controller around is enough for people..

I' m not so sure that PS3 WILL be without vibration. Immersion have new technology and have offered it to Sony. Sony can' t really afford it but may just go for it anyway.

If the thing DOES ship without vibration i' ll see it as a step backwards and still laugh at Sony idiotic claims that they HAD to remove it for the tilt function to work.

Resistance is looking better and better. I slated it for a long time but we' re seeing some truly impressive things from it now and i think the next proper hands on will really hit home. It' ll ship day and date with the system so it' s likely the biggest title they' ll have at launch and will only really have to compete with CoD3.

I wouldn' t buy the console just for Resistance (though i would for something like DMC4 or Heavenly Sword) like i bought my Xbox for Halo, but it' s shaping up to be a sloid title.

However, like you my main focus this holiday will be 360 and games like RB6, GoW, SC:DA, CoD3 etc...
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 05:46
Isn' t lair day and date of launch too? Man i so wanna hear more about it, dragons kick ass.

The new footage of resistance looked pretty good, though the video is poor quality, i wonder if the game will turn out to be any good though.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 06:39
Lair could be truly awesome - If you' ve played Rouge Leader for GCN you know what I mean :)

Lack of vibration for an FPS is pretty disappointing, but it could still be good.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 07:40
...actually, it might not be that much of a big deal...

...or hasn' t anyone else noticed that the PS2' s rumble is pretty feeble anyway?... ...compared to my ex-box' s rumble it' s barely noticeable....

...it' s pretty unlikely that i' ll be getting a launch PS3 due to being rather broke (i' m hoping to have scraped together enough cash to pick up one of MS' s funky 360 bundle deals then though), but if i was, Resistance would certainly be bought too... ...f*ck all that other piss poor sh*t...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 22 Aug 06 23:41:33 >
Bishonen

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 08:39

..y' know...

...i' m begging to really like them both....
uumai

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 08:50

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

..y' know...

...i' m begging to really like them both....

I hope your being sincere They are both great.
Bishonen

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 08:57
...duh!...

...i was being sincere... ...i already said that i liked the pink PSP, now i' m pretty sold on the PS2 version too...
uumai

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 23, 2006 09:01

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...duh!...

...i was being sincere... ...i already said that i liked the pink PSP, now i' m pretty sold on the PS2 version too...

Now that just hurts...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 10:13

I' m not so sure that PS3 WILL be without vibration. Immersion have new technology and have offered it to Sony. Sony can' t really afford it but may just go for it anyway.

They' ve still got time, It' s not like they' ve actually started producing anything. I doubt it though, Sony' s strategy would be (had they followed current course) to announce months in advance if they knew there was a slim possibility they' d get their rumble back. Honestly, if the games are immersive enough, I don' t think rumble' s gonna be peoples biggest beef. I was playing CoD:2 (finally got an actual 360 game) without rumble, just to see what it was like, and I was so busy chunking fascists, I didn' t notice I had it off untill like the end of the next level, because i was so preoccupied with the nice visuals, and excellent sound.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 10:21
Theres plenty of homosexuals on these forums - that explain why a thread about a pink ps2 spanned 4 pages.

Fags.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 12:07

Theres plenty of homosexuals on these forums - that explain why a thread about a pink ps2 spanned 4 pages.

Fags.

lol evil man crazy
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 13:34
If you notice on Resitance FOM video that the cross hairs rarely went past the horizontal, and you pretty much just turn left and right to target your enemies. In the first big room they could easily have had enemies on the second floor shooting down at you making it extra challenging, but because the controller won' t give you that degree of movement fluently, they don' t (Even when climbing stairs its seemed like you could not intuitively point upwards to aim in the direction you are going, he was simply aiming straight ahead into the stairs). The game looks great BTW from what i could gather from the vids, but I still stand by my claim the FPS on current controllers suck - Stick with mouse and Keyboard (PCs)- or Wiimote if it actually does what it claims.

Oh and i though sony weren' t into ' gimmicks' as mr kaz claimed at E3 2006? The only way you use the ps3 motion sensors is to shake off enemies? Give me a break and give kaz a dictionary. Sure if they can find more interesting ways to use the motion funciton that would be nice (but unlikely). IMO they could have simply put the ' shake' function to a single button press and not even bothered with it. To me it simply looks tacked on.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 24 Aug 06 5:48:22 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 15:08
No, im not a fag, im just a perver, wanting to lure unsuspecting females to my home with pink ps2 controller.

" Dont be afraid lass, i wont hurt you!!!!! bwahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahha"

The following night in my basement!

" You will learn to love me, or you' ll fry like a pork sausage!"

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 16:34
Sony can' t use immersion technology or even buy it unless they cancell their defenses.They will first have to pay a lot (a whole fuckin lot) money for the DualShock2 vibration.

They will have to do it anyway if they loose this case (and they most likely will).

And they know it' s easy to leave rumble features next to the tilt sensing capabilities.

or Wiimote if it actually does what it claims.

It seems like it won' t for while (in FPS that is)

I still stand by my claim the FPS on current controllers suck

You must have a very poor coordination then :)

I stand by my cclaims that I' d rather play every FPS on my controller unless I' m playing an online multiplayer game.
Nitro

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 16:41
Sony have already lost the Immersion lawsuit. They even lost their appeal and have apealed again because whilst the appeal is going on they can continue to sell PS2' s packaged with Dual Shock 2 pads.

The decision will never be overturned but Immersion offered their newest technology to Sony in a deal that would make the lawsuit go away but would likely have Immersion wanting a percentage of the profits made on PS3, something Sony wouldn' t be too keen on.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 24, 2006 16:43

The decision will never be overturned but Immersion offered their newest technology to Sony in a deal that would make the lawsuit go away but would likely have Immersion wanting a percentage of the profits made on PS3, something Sony wouldn' t be too keen on.

It wouldnt be fun to have to pay money your not really making, atleast not for a long while!
Bishonen

RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 25, 2006 02:50

No, im not a fag, im just a perver, wanting to lure unsuspecting females to my home with pink ps2 controller.

" Dont be afraid lass, i wont hurt you!!!!! bwahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahha"

The following night in my basement!

" You will learn to love me, or you' ll fry like a pork sausage!"

...hell yeah m' nigaz!!..

...u be wit dem real dawgs... c' use we gonna pound some fine pink-loving, pink-a$$ peckerwood pu$$y tonite... ...no what i' m saying?..

...go lit at da clit, man....
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Pink PSTwo - Aug 25, 2006 08:17

You must have a very poor coordination then :)

Hehe have i meet you before online? LOL. Well that might be part of the reason. How ever i see it as using a more suitable tool for the task, in this case the mouse and keyboard, or the Wii mote. BTW from all the demos i see of the Wii in action like Red steel etc the pointing functionality is pretty good, not perfect but close.. Where you point the Wiimote is were you aim, definately more intuitive then your standard controller.

I stand by my cclaims that I' d rather play every FPS on my controller unless I' m playing an online multiplayer game.

Thats a bold statement (i hope your kidding), but as i did point out the FPS made for current controller rarely have targets on the vertical axis (look at that Resitance demo - there wasn' t a single enemy on the second floor, or on the stairs, any place that required you to point up or down). Its not that they could not, just that current controllers lacks the necessary pointing accuracy. Developers are thus forced either ' dumb down' the challenge of the game (no vertical targets) or aid the player with auto aim to compensate for this. BTW have you actually tried playing a PC shooter (single player) with a control pad? And exactly why can' t you play online with a control pad?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message