Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft boo boos!
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 99 of 99
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:04
Majik,

You obviously never had your opponent lying unconscious with a broken ankle on a table outside of the ring, while you were powered up to " special" , tantalising the crowd, on top of a ladder in the ring preparing to perform a triple forward summersault with half pike and twist into an elbow drop onto your opponent sending him and you through said table.

And you said the controls are rubbish? ;)

Plus No Mercy had an excellent paper-stone-scissors reversal system that only the new DOA has really managed to get close to.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:05

Original by: industrocyberbot23
Mario really disappointed. I havn' t enjoyed a Mario game since 3.

*Gasp!*

Oh yeah?! But… But you are stuuuupid… So there… [:' (] Hmpf!

…

Edit:
And I’ll be keeping an eye on you… You hear? I’m watching!
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 8 Jun 06 21:09:12 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:10

Lastly, Mario really disappointed. I havn' t enjoyed a Mario game since 3. And I thought Sunshine on the Cube *really* sucked. He was practically uncontrollable!!

Neither did I, but I think enough people seem to buy it to keep the sequels coming.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:20
Super mario sunshine as a plattform game was Great.
As the mario for GC it was' nt...
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:39
Mario sunshine isn’t the problem here. What’s missing is Super Mario 64. Why are you calling it a disappointment? Do you hate me? If so, then why? If not, then why do you dislike Mario 64?

... (the tears won’t stop coming)

…
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 8 Jun 06 21:42:30 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 05:55

I would have loved to have seen a sub $100 xbox console, maybe something as slim as a laptop.

The HDD in Xbox prevented them from making a slim version.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 06:49
Super Mario 64 (and 64 DS) is still probably the greatest platform game ever.

Sunshine was great but it didn' t do for Gamecube what 64 did for 64. Both Sunshine and Wind Waker took different directions to the previous games in the series and both kinda suffered because of it. Sunshine, when compared to other platform games this generation comes out way up top, but everybody compares it to 64 (which is understandable).

Galaxy isn' t 128 and looks more like a combination of both 64 AND Sunshine so i' m interested to see how it turns out and if we' ll ever actually see a TRUE sequel to 64.

Terry, what does Wrestle Kingdom play like?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 07:50
I can' t believe you didn' t like Super Mario 64!!!!!

That pretty much invented/reinvented 3D platfrom genre.

SM64 ranks as one of the best games i have ever played, along with LOZ:OooT and SSB series. I also enjoyed Space Station Sillicon Valley, which was a nice quirky little game.

Because i have enjoyed those games, and mainly games on Nintendo consoles i am by definition a ' Nintendo Fanboy' (my first console was the N64, then the GC and soon the Wii), so it warms my heart that Nintendo is getting there act together this generation. I have never owned a playstation or xbox and never intend to (Loyal Nintendo Fanboy ). I am however an avid PC gamer.

As you may notice i am a Noob. I visited the site and read some of the posts and found the people here generally very knowledgable so i decided to join up for discussions.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 08:20

Well, Bishonen knows what' s what with Team Tinja, but i keep hearing that the title will end up on PS3, with Project Progressive and Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 and a golf game on Wii.

.....Team Ninja Fanboys Only....
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 08:21
Hi, my name is Tiz, but you can call me Bullet Witch...

kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 08:39

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Hi, my name is Tiz, but you can call me Bullet Witch...

Yo Tiz, or now establish as Bullet witch

AQ Interactive, developer of next-generation titles such as Cry On and Vampire' s Rain, announced that its upcoming Xbox 360 title, Bullet Witch, would be delayed for the second time. Back in April, the futuristic/gothic-themed action game was pushed back two weeks from its original release date to July 13, and now it has slipped another fortnight to July 27. AQ Interactive' s Web site offered its apologies, " especially to the users waiting for the game' s release," but offered no explanations for the delay. Back in April, the developer said it would use the extra time to create a better final product.

Looks like another list of M$ boo boo' s, oh wait Namco exclusive 360 title what was it ' ' City Frame Killer' ' or something was cancled, the game itself looks great but it' s a shame that the production was resign.
< Message edited by kaoru -- 9 Jun 06 0:41:27 >
Tiz

RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 08:47
*Smiles bravely*

Yo Tiz, or now establish as Bullet witch

AQ Interactive, developer of next-generation titles such as Cry On and Vampire' s Rain, announced that its upcoming Xbox 360 title, Bullet Witch, would be delayed for the second time. Back in April, the futuristic/gothic-themed action game was pushed back two weeks from its original release date to July 13, and now it has slipped another fortnight to July 27. AQ Interactive' s Web site offered its apologies, " especially to the users waiting for the game' s release," but offered no explanations for the delay. Back in April, the developer said it would use the extra time to create a better final product.

Looks like another list of M$ boo boo' s, oh wait Namco exclusive 360 title what was it ' ' City Frame Killer' ' or something was cancled, the game itself looks great but it' s a shame that the production was resign.

As long as it comes out in the Uk, I should be okay!

Personally, for me the graphics look a bit xbox 1.5-ish, but it' s all about the
gameplay... She gives new meaning to the term " blow your brains" ...
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 09:06

ORIGINAL: Tiz

*Smiles bravely*

Personally, for me the graphics look a bit xbox 1.5-ish, but it' s all about the
gameplay... She gives new meaning to the term " blow your brains" ...

Hmm, to me it' s better if developer took the next-gen graphic seriously, I mean some titles like Guns, Tony Hawks AW was just pure xbox 1.5, if it' s gameplay you' re appreciated then graphic might not be a factor to you, but what I expected is that great graphic and gameplay is a great term for next-gen.
BTW Bullet Witch reminds me of an anime called ' ' Witch Hunter Robin' ' I' m pretty sure that Bullet Witch will offer great gameplay to fan' s like you, and I' m sure that it' ll be out in the UK, you guys really love these gothic genre of games.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 09:30

Terry, what does Wrestle Kingdom play like?

The graphics are great for a first-gen 360 title, and the AI is cool to. If you leave a weapon lying in the ring the referee will actually pick it up and throw it out.

The sound is also good, especially with the ability to use customized tracks for ring entrances, but in all honesty I found the gameplay a little lacking in some ways. There just didn' t seem to be a lot of default moves for each grappler.. You can kinda rectify that in the create-a-wrestler mode but I' ve never been too crazy about spending half a day building and tweaking characters, although I' ve created a small army of custom grapplers mainly due to the game' s extremely LAME limitation on using custom wrestlers once per story mode.

The fighting roster is nice but could definitely be better. I would have loved to see Stan Hansen and Big Van Vader in the game! Of course I get stuck with Masahiro Chono, my most hated wrestler in Japan. Hulk Hogan is my most hated in the U.S.

Despite that, I did enjoy the game a good deal when I used to put a decent amount of time into it before E3, I haven' t touched it since then unfortunately, but now I' m dying to load it up again!

The online play was kinda cool, I used to play late nights and get my arse owned by Japanese players with their CRAZY custom characters! hehe.

Fans of gimmick matches such as Cage matches, table matches, battle royals, and all that good stuff should look elsewhere as there' s none of that stuff here. This game is pure wrestling with a pretty decent countering system.

In a nutshell, Wrestle Kingdom is a good, Not great, first effort on the Xbox 360, and it' s one that feels like a mere appetizer while waiting for something bigger and better to arrive.

As for Mario 64, ADD my name to the list of 3 people on Earth who didn' t like the game ... The platforming genre is one of my favorites, but I' m not too crazy about platformers that aren' t straightforward.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 Jun 06 1:34:02 >
stephen ashaley

• Total Posts : 48
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 11:28
u r wrong there xbox has been the best on the market,becuz the xbox360 have lot of big features in them and i thing u have to retrated from what u just wrote menn ok
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 19:05

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

As for Mario 64, ADD my name to the list of 3 people on Earth who didn' t like the game ...

I guess I' m one of those three then.

...I wonder who the third guy is...
Kaze

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 19:43

The platforming genre is one of my favorites, but I' m not too crazy about platformers that aren' t straightforward.

Can' t really think of any recent straightforward platform games. Most seem to have spun off from the Mario 64 template, unless you include the 2D GBA/DS games and stuff.

(The equally brilliant) Banjo-Kazooie not take your fancy?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 20:41
Daxter,for the most part, was a bit straightforward and a pretty fun game to boot..

One of my favorite platformers released this generation but is still pretty old was, DONALD DUCK GOING QUACKERS!! It had both side-scrolling 2.5D levels and 3D levels. AND, all you had to do was continue on straight ahead collecting stuff along the way, hopping across different platforms while dodging traps, and death drops. All of the winning elements of traditional platformers.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 Jun 06 21:52:45 >
Tiz

RE: Microsoft boo boos! - Jun 09, 2006 20:41

I guess I' m one of those three then.

...I wonder who the third guy is...

Whilst I can appreciate it was a benchmark game.... I didn' t like it..

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 99 of 99

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message