Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 165
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:24
i always like to fight against an army of enemies in my games, and this forum is one of my best games ever!

i understood Cetra so many times, well there are times where he shows some fanboiysm, but how many times he said some correct stuff, he is being objective so many times and you just bashed him, not because of what he said, just because he is CETRA.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:26
No, he talked rubbish, and that' s why loads of people jumped on him.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:27
Well, for the reasons you hate it here, is the same reason i love it here.

So, it' s not all bad here.
The majority of people here are sega fans, it' s not said in the charter, and i know the moment i say it, i will get a few stragglers saying how much they don' t like sega.
But from reading any given post, it' s pretty clear.

Sega fans, the die hard ones.. Don' t really like sony, now you can come up with 10 reasons why us sega faithful should, and you might say we need to move on, and " get with the program" .
But some of us are comfortable with our denial, and will continue to hate sony nomatter what they do right.

Some of us would like to see that little bastard kutaragi begging for change in Akihabara.

There are also the nintendo fans, i don' t think they are too chummy with the sony either.
I have a theory about Xbox fans, i think the draw of jsrf and panzer dragoon filled it' s order forms.
So sony dislike is a given.

All these reasons and more, sony is a 4 letter word here.

Though, i could be wrong.
Nitro

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:35
Y' know what ginjirou, this is what Cetra had to say...

But first let me say that the response is very good and objective here. On other forums I would be called a damn psx n00b fanboy and stupid and not being able to realise anything.

From here...

https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=50324&p=6&mpage=2&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language=

So what you' re saying is complete rubbish.

It' s an online gaming forum, -- it' s Kikizo, -- if you come and talk sh*t, you' ll be jumped on, just like in any non-biased forum.

Some of us would like to see that little bastard kutaragi begging for change in Akihabara.

^^ this is why i love it here!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:45

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

That' s not how it is at all! When you get idiots typing loads of rubbish and lies and claiming it' s fact, then going on about how Sony can do no wrong and that they virtually invented the gaming industry and all of the innovation that' s taken place, it' s really lame. Then when the guys who source their information and prefer to rely on fact try to explain things nicely, they don' t listen and continue to talk rubbish.

Well actually in most cases the " rubbish" was just some poor guys opinion. I think it' s rare to see comments that are completely based on lies. Lots of comments have been backed up by sources but they' ve been called " unreliable" , " Sony-biased" , " fake" and so on (I' m guilty for that too).
You listen as little as the ones you debate with do as they sometimes also try to explain things nicely.

Members like Tiz, Whiteguy, Gangsta, Quez, Terry, Mass, Unlucky, Chop, Abasoufiane, Bishonen, Jtype etc... (sorry if i missed anybody out) ...are one of the main reasons i come here. I like to have discussions with like-minded (ish) gamers who know what they' re talking about.

So you believe that those who are not like-minded don' t know what they are talking about.
And do you have to call peoples opinions stupid and such just because they' re not like-minded?

The majority of people here are sega fans

I' m a Sega fan too! They are my favourites. And Nintendo is second to them. But I can still like Sony.

My point with this thread was to show that even though most of us dislike Sony for various reasons (I dislike them,, yes) they are still doing some good stuff that no one can deny. But it seems lots of you are actually denying it. Especially Majik with his top five list. Man that was lame.

Y' know what ginjirou, this is what Cetra had to say...

quote:

But first let me say that the response is very good and objective here. On other forums I would be called a damn psx n00b fanboy and stupid and not being able to realise anything.

That was his fifth post after joining Kikizo.
I' d like to know what he has to say today.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 7 Jun 06 13:53:26 >
whiteguysamurai

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:50
Oh.... tisk tisk tisk...I remember that forum...

This should be one of the rules to get strung up at kikizo, don' t badmouth one company to bolster the company you like, that is rule #1 of not being a fanboy.

It' s one thing for a person to pop into a forum and say, the (insert console here) is stupid, let me tell you why..And back it up with some valid points.

But to start off talking about how you don' t like a company, then having nothing to back it up with, other then a weak argument..Well you will have to be understanding as they lynch you.

Scrambled eggs+tabasco =
whiteguysamurai

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:51
Oh, ok.
Well.. I see what you mean.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:53

...pushes the technological standard forward more than other companies.

...makes good products (my favs are PS1 and PSP).

...made gaming mainstream.

...included the rumble in their dual shocks instead of having an add-on (N64/DC).

...sells products with lots of value.

dualshock rumble better than addon? oh yeah cool but when I had my PSX with normal digital controller I didn' t like the idea of getting a new one.

PSP is ok but PSX was a terrible product when it comes to durability and hardware flaws

Where' s that value of their products? PS2 costs as much as Xbox and it' s just weak in comparison (not to mention the lack of HDD or ethernet card in previous versions)

MAinstream? oh yeah thank you Sony for EA and licensed games - thank you so much for the Mainstream :)

To Sony' s credit:

3RD party exclusives (MGS , FF , DQ , Capcom Stuff and so on)

PS2 controller - I liked it more (than the X one) for fighting games and action stuff (I even played ninja gaiden and DoA with it).

(I hate the idea of using dual[NO]shock for it' s 3rd generation though)

Anyway Sony will go down eventually - you can' t be arrogant like that while lying all over the place and giving people shit for a lot of money...not for long that is.

PS2 might have been said to be powerful , but it wasn' t that pricey at the time.

600 is twice the price of PS2 and I hope we' ll get at least a bit better system than the one they sold for 299.

That however could be nothing but a wishful thinking - as it always is with Sony.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 7 Jun 06 13:55:32 >
Nitro

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 21:59
I called somebody' s OPINION stupid?!
ginjirou

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 22:00

Where' s that value of their products? PS2 costs as much as Xbox and it' s just weak in comparison (not to mention the lack of HDD or ethernet card in previous versions)

I think the PS2 had lots of value. Maybe not today when the Xbox and the PS2 cost pretty much the same but when the PS2 was released it was the first console with a DVD drive and it was released ages before the XBox or the GCN which means that the technology was more expensive.
Also, the PS2 has been able to stand up against the GCN and the XBox even though it is much weaker and it is also seeing continuing support form Sony and developers today while the Xbox and the GCN pretty much have been forsaken.
That is what I call value.

Anyway Sony will go down eventually - you can' t be arrogant like that while lying all over the place and giving people shit for a lot of money...not for long that is.

Well I believe so too as I think they' ve made some major mistakes with the PS3. But as Nintendo have, I hope they' ll learn their lessons.

Nitro

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 22:02
I called somebody' s OPINION stupid?!
ginjirou

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 22:05
Why are you making things so hard.
I don' t know if you' ve used the exact word but you' ve defenately indicated that you feel a person who wasn' t like-minded was stupid several times. Please don' t make me search through the previous threads for quotes. It' s not worth it. I' ll even take back my statement as long as I don' t have to do that.
Btw, I called Abasoufiane stupid
Nitro

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 22:07
Somebody' s opinion is their opinion and i always respect that. If, however, they opely state that their oipinion has been formed on what i know to be lies/false information, then i will tell them so.

whiteguysamurai

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 22:07
I will admit one thing about the people who developed software for the playstation.

They can make ANYTHING work!

Toasters, microwave ovens, eletric pencil sharpeners and beer bottles filled with 3 week old flat beer,
I expect to see a god of war game for all these items.

True professionals!
Abasoufiane

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 23:04
you still think i' m stupid ginjirou ?
ginjirou

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 23:17

you still think i' m stupid ginjirou ?

God I hate you for making me say this...

no

I don' t...

think you' re ..stupid.

I never did.

Now I' m going to kill myself.
Abasoufiane

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 23:21
ginjirou

RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 07, 2006 23:22

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Had to swallow a bit of my pride there.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 08, 2006 00:13
I' m staying well clear of this one...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 10 reasons why you LIKE Sony - Jun 08, 2006 00:19

Also, the PS2 has been able to stand up against the GCN and the XBox even though it is much weaker and it is also seeing continuing support form Sony and developers today while the Xbox and the GCN pretty much have been forsaken.

It' s not hard to support the system that sold 80 mln units - GCN has some support but it' s neglectable , while Xbox is dead - MS killed it just like that.

If Sony were the unsuccesful guys do you really think they would' ve supported it?

Ans while we' re at it , DC had much better games and graphics than 1st PS2 titles and DVD wasn' t popular at that time.

Year later when GCN and Xbox arrived PS2 started having some games worth playing.Year is not eternity.

DC shipped for 200$ while PS2 with less RAM shipped for 300 - I don' t watch DVD on consoles - for that I have a DVD player.For people like me paying for that kind of drive is ok if you don' t cut hardware (like RAM) costs for it.Same goes for PS3 if gameinquirer' s report is true.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 165

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message