Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 why did bill gates created the xbox
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - May 26, 2006 05:36

I would never like to meet these 3 down an alleyway:

Ken Kutaragi
Kaz Hirai
Phil Harrison

I would, maybe i could slap some sense into the poor fools.
brick_boss

• Total Posts : 14
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - May 26, 2006 05:39
wats good homie
tkrunner

• Total Posts : 3
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 12:09
Bill Gates didn' t create x-box. J Allard did. J works for Microsoft and was the one to persuade Bill into joing in the internet industry. Look at it now. J has Bill' s respect. J was always a fan of video games as a kid and it also brought him and his family close together because they played together every day. As a kid he made games for the fun of it and even sold some of them. Bill Gates and Microsoft were happy to publish the x-box becuase it was a way of bringing and connecting digital entertainment in a household. Bill' s foundation is alled the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. He dosen' t make computers he makes computer software-most notably their operating server-Windows.Sony makes more money from SCE(Playstation department) then Nintendo' s whole company does. Sony didn' t create Playstation because they wanted money-they don' t need it. They were supposed to help Nointendo create their newest console which would have been the Playstation but instead they worked with Philips instead creating the N64. Sony was so pissed they created the Playstation which would become the highest selling video game console and Sony Product evr. Thanks Nintendo for being complete idiots. At least Ken Kutaragi, Kaz Hirai, and Phil Harrison are human beings unlike those deformed freaks with no lives at Nintendo. I think you idiots should get your facts straight before you talk.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 17:04

Bill Gates didn' t create x-box. J Allard did

The kid meant Microsoft, not Gates himself. We managed to figure that one out fairly quickly, shame you didn' t because you just made yourself look a little daft...

Sony makes more money from SCE(Playstation department) then Nintendo' s whole company does. Sony didn' t create Playstation because they wanted money-they don' t need it.

Then it' s a damn shame that Sony' s game division have wasted the past four years worth of profits made from the sales of the PS2, in creating CELL.

Sony' s financial reports are made available to the public, maybe you should go find it.

They were supposed to help Nointendo create their newest console which would have been the Playstation but instead they worked with Philips instead creating the N64. Sony was so pissed they created the Playstation

Sony wee greedy and wanted 100% of the rights to the drives technology. Nintendo had funded it' s development and so said 100% was out of the question. When Sony maintained it wanted 100%, Nintendo f**ked them off and went to find another partner.

At least Ken Kutaragi, Kaz Hirai, and Phil Harrison

That' s the funniest thing i' ve read in ages!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 17:53
Sony perhaps didn' t need the money when they launched the PSX, but they certainly do these days, infact their margins are so slim currently that where as electronics rivals such as panasonic have up to 30% profit of all their turnover Sony is down to less than 1% profit for all of their turnover!

With their hopes pinned firmly on PS Hardware / Software and their flat panel TV' s for financial stablility in the future (oh and BR) they plan to providing massive financial support to other flailing divisions such as their computers (Vaio) which although well specced machines in themselves, as a division struggle, to break even...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 18:24
I could never in my life imagine a global company to do something without any thought of profit.
Sony made the PS1 to make money, not because they were pissed at Nintendo.
Microsoft made the Xbox because they saw the possibilitiy to make big money, as well as strengthen their brand and prevent Sony from competing at software level.
Nintendo makes consoles to make money, not because they love the world. They don' t know much else than making videogame consoles so they don' t really have a choice.

What makes the three companies different to me are:
Microsoft makes wise bussiness decisions.
Sony makes stupid bussiness decisions (lately).
Nintendo makes daring decisions that in the end brings innovation and great fun.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jun 06 10:25:36 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 18:32
I agree ginj, and I think that all of those compaines have made the other companies mistakes at other times, and that these opinions are only valid of a console life cycle or so, its a wheel of corporate fortune!!
ginjirou

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 18:44
Mmm.
I think we can mention one console per company that could be concidered a failure (design or sales):

Sony: PS3 (so far anyway)
Nintendo: Gamecube
Microsoft: Xbox (also, Windows Me uugh)
Sega: Saturn
Tiger Telematics: Gizmondo ( https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=47157&p=1&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1 ) Buahahahaha!

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jun 06 10:44:57 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 19, 2006 22:56
What was wrong with Windows Me? i had it, and I thought it was ok. Didnt crash much and done what i told it to do.
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 21:59
The xbox is just like House of a 1000 corpses.
There only there to prove there ceators have money.
ginjirou

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 22:01

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

What was wrong with Windows Me? i had it, and I thought it was ok. Didnt crash much and done what i told it to do.

Well it wasn' t that bad but compared to 2000 I think it' s like a... demo or something. It has lots of minor flaws that bugs me and some people say that there are some major ones too but I' ve never noticed them.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Jun 06 14:01:48 >
GamerManX

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 22:03
Ive never even heard of Windows Me?
ginjirou

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 22:05
Not many had, or has it. The Millenium Edition.
GamerManX

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 22:07
I have heard of windows millinium edition
Nitro

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 20, 2006 23:37
ME was simply a very unstable ' home' version of 2000. Almost everything was tweaked and altered to make it easier for home users to use.

It sucked.
GamerManX

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 21, 2006 01:24
They still send it out in those little aol disks dont they?
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 22, 2006 11:25
Melenium edition is based of the 9x core, starting with windows 3.1 through windows 98.

It was also the last 9x system to be made, in favor of the nt core that was used in windows 2000 through xp.

they stopped support because ME was messy and crash prone, unlike windows 2000 which is neat and (mostly) solid.

And thank god for that.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 22, 2006 17:07

Melenium edition is based of the 9x core, starting with windows 3.1 through windows 98.

3.11 was not 9x, 95 was a total redesign from scratch!
Nitro

RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 22, 2006 19:12

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

3.11 was not 9x, 95 was a total redesign from scratch!

You worked for Microsoft didn' t you?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: why did bill gates created the xbox - Jun 22, 2006 20:28
thats why im rich!

Ohhh no, im not! damn
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages