Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:11
Most of my faults with Sony are to do with it not changing the pad rather than anything else.

Games wise PS3 will have the best versions of stuff I will want to play:

Sonic Next-Gen (confirmed looking sharper at 720p on PS3 at E3)
Virtua Fighter 5 (exclusive)
Virtua Tennis 3
Resident Evil 5 (though 360' s pad would be better for it)
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ridge Racer 7
Final Fantasy XIII
- Most of the Jap support like SNKP, Konami, Capcom etc.

Wii

Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Super Smash Bros Brawl
- no doubt there will be much more stuff later.

Halo 3
Too Human
Lost Planet
Mass Effect (maybe, depends on if they can shift the generic Unreal 3 sheen off)
- Can' t really think of anything else for 360
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 12 May 06 22:13:09 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:12

Also the relase of just a black system after mainly adertising the system in silver?? Wrong.

I find it highly suspect. It' s quite possible that the 2 different SKU' s will be different colours though...

It' s the size that bothers me. The machine' s case is now nearly 50% bigger than last E3!

The sizes shown here are very precise, and the silver PS3 is the case from last year (i' ll label them properly at a later date) and the black one is the most recent case that' s on display at E3 right now...

If it wasn' t so big, the black PS3 would be great. I much prefer the slightly modified design over the silver version from last year!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:20
It sure does have a lot of ventialation holes

I was just so glad sony went with slot loading, it was my only hope for the next gen consoles, and nintendo did too... Too bad about 360, trays are " so last gen"

Also the relase of just a black system after mainly adertising the system in silver?? Wrong.

I find it highly suspect. It' s quite possible that the 2 different SKU' s will be different colours though...

I doubt it. Though it is a good idea and would help distinguish the models. But sony are more likely to release the silver version when they need a boost in sales, like with the PS2. Heck I bought an Aqua PS2, love it, sold my original black one.

Edit: Do you think the PS3 will have LEDs? It doesn' t look like it from the picture you showed majik, but I' m probably just missing it. - If yes, what colour do you think it' ll be... I loved the blue light on my PS2. It was the best console for that alone.
< Message edited by uumai -- 12 May 06 22:55:12 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:38

the games you most want? are you serious?

Yes, I am very serious. I have my own taste, not yours. Nor do I want your taste, as I am but myself. Your taste isn’t better than mine or my neighbour, just as mine and my neighbours aren’t better than yours.

Now if you want to look at what the 360 has to offer, Mass Effect is shaping up to be an phenominal game, same could be said for Fable 2. Forza may still come in at second place to Trismo, but that gap is closing in FAST

Yeah, not to say any of these games are bad or anything, it’s just that I’m not really interested in any of them. I don’t really know much about Mass Effect, so I can’t say much about it. It’s an RPG by the guys that made KOTOR, right? As I don’t really know much of it yet, I’m not really interested (note that this may change if I decide to check up on it and find it intriguing). As for Fable 2, the same applies there. As I didn’t like the first I haven’t bothered checking up on it’s sequel and probably never will (I might miss out on something, but I just have so many things I like already). And as for Forza; I don’t really need any new racing games. Mario Kart is enough for me (simply because I get easily bored of racing games).

Gears of War is going to be one of the funnest games you have ever played as well. And, then, there is Halo. IF you dont like Halo, you dont like FPS games.... if you dont like halo 2, you never played it online. Halo 3 is shaping up to be the best of both plus so much more....

I do like FPS games, though it isn’t my favourite genre (I used to play too many and now I’m wounded and it’s hard for me to find new ones interesting, tough I do look forward to Crysis). I’m not a Halo fan, but I do like it, especially its co-op and split screen multiplayer. Also, no I didn’t like Halo 2 nor did I play it online, but that’s because I don’t really like playing online (Please know I don’t think it’s bad to do this, just that I don’t find it entertaining). And lastly, about Halo 3 shaping up to be the best of both. Do you have any insider information or know of something I don’t? Cause all I’ve seen is a teaser from the game, which didn’t show me much, except some vague hints to the story.

stick to Kingdom Hearts if you want... i prefer the rush from finishing first in a Rumble Pit match..

Is this hinted with a negative tone? I do like Kingdom Hearts. Not my favourite game, or even one of them, but I enjoyed playing it. And you go ahead and enjoy your Rumble Pit rushes, while I play games that I like. I get the feeling that you seem to think that what you enjoy is great and that people who don’t enjoy the same games as you are wrong. That’s wrong according to me.

Sorry for the long post everyone, I just felt that his statements where aimed at me so…
Nitro

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:44

Do you think the PS3 will have LEDs? It doesn' t look like it from the price you showed majic, but I' m probably just missing it. - If yes, what colour do you think it' ll be... I loved the blue light on my PS2. It was the best console for that alone.

I doubt it. The tray might ligt up though like Wii' s which would be nice. It' d definately be strange if it didn' t have any lights at all but since all we' ve seen so far are empty shells we won' t know until we see it running.

As for colour, i think red would be nice to go with the black.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 12 May 06 23:18:16 >
uumai

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 06:54
For UK gamers, or just those interested. Gamestation actually have a pre-order set up for the PS3 at £424.99 subject to RRP from maufacturer.

If I had the money I' d pre-order the thing now... But then I' m not thrilled about the idea of a launch console.
< Message edited by uumai -- 13 May 06 0:29:58 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 07:01

I was just so glad sony went with slot loading, it was my only hope for the next gen consoles, and nintendo did too... Too bad about 360, trays are " so last gen"

while trays may be last gen, they are far easier to fix than slot loaders. sorry, that' s just how i look at stuff, functionality, and ease of repair. Although i admit, a red LED slot loader would be freakin awesome. But sadly i' m sure sony' s gonna be new and innovative and graciously borrow Nintendo' s blue one.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 07:09

Halo 3
Too Human
Lost Planet
Mass Effect (maybe, depends on if they can shift the generic Unreal 3 sheen off)
- Can' t really think of anything else for 360

Good list,but you forgot Gears of war perhaps? :P
And seeing how you wrote FF13,why no Lost odyssey?
FF creator himself who does it,and nobuo FF composer who done the music in ff1-ff10.
Ofc Akira creator of dragonballz and also did Chrono trigger which is regarded as the best rpg ever by many fans is doing blue dragon with sakaguchi for 360.

Anyway,i hope tri-ace new rpg will be cool(the creators of star ocean/valkyrie profile) and that square-enix action-shooter is good...

Btw one game that everyone talked about last e3,was Alan wake,many sony fans who seemd to dig that,however now when its no coming for sony i havn' t heard a single nice comment about that game.

ofc not much was shown this e3 either to be honest.

GTA serie has i never liked before and i doubt i will get GTA4 at all...but i guess thats a good title...
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 07:30

why no Lost odyssey?

Just slipped my mind, as did Alan Wake.

I' m really intersted to see what they do with Alan Wake, what kind of game it will shape up to be. Story, gameplay - action, puzzles etc. The trailer really got me thinking.

Gears of War however... Meh, not a fan so far. The latest build showed some promise but the whole thing felt, um soulless I suppose. The outside sections looked quike jerky and seemed to make aiming and moving some what iffy.

I' ll give it a try when a solid preview build turns up, or wait until it comes out.
uumai

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 08:29

Btw one game that everyone talked about last e3,was Alan wake,many sony fans who seemd to dig that,however now when its no coming for sony i havn' t heard a single nice comment about that game.

I' m sorry you seem to have missed my posts Quez. It was and still is one of my highly anticipated next gen games. I was very sorry to see it exclusively release for 360. But that is life, and so If/when I get a 360, I will get it... If not perhaps just buy the game to play on my friends machine (lending him my ps3) and then exchange it when i' m done.

The only game i feel could compete with alan wake if it turns out as good as i hope (i imagine it kinda like a horror book) is whatever game fahrenheit people bring out. quadratic i think they are, and they showed something this year, but not sure if it is from a game but i' d like a direct feed of the trailer with audio.
QuezcatoL

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 08:35
you got a link to that ?
Im very intrested in david cage next project,or wtf he is called,fahrenheit was a good game,but it feelt rushed and like they skipped some in the middle.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 11:22
I suppose one positive thing to come out of PS3' s high price and negative impressions from E3, is that it' ll keep demand at a manageable level, and within their planned production rates since they' ll definitely be on a tight schedule. They' ll be able to achieve their worlwide launch with minimal shortages, so they won' t have to go through as much bad press as 360 got for its first 3 months.

Then later on when production can be ramped up, they can lower the price to a more casual friendly level then (after 6 months or something).

Sony may have chosen to brave the bad press of a high initial price so they don' t have to have shortages. Whereas MS didn' t want to risk the bad press of a price hike, and decided to take the short term negativity over shortages instead.

A simplistic view of it, but it shows how theres no real way of winning with these things. I guess the only thing is, once shortages aren' t a problem anymore, 360 will still be cheaper..

(Ps Fahrenheit devs = Quantic Dream?)
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 May 06 4:25:55 >
Nitro

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 13, 2006 22:20
If Microsoft go ahead with a $100 price drop in October/November, then you' ll have 2 PS3 SKU' s priced at $499/$599 and 2 360 SKU' s priced at $199/$299.

That would certainly have a positive effect on 360 sales over the holiday period.

Realistically it' ll take 9 or so months before Sony will be able to drop the price, and since they will still be losing money on every unit manufactured it' s unlikely to be greater than $80. They said they expect to overtake 360' s sales by March 2007, does anybody here think that' s remotely possible?
QuezcatoL

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 00:30
It depends,phil says that because himself doesnt belive Ms will will 10 million xbox360 before ps3 is out-
If they dont,then perhaps...
If they do,nope.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 03:00
its unlikely the xbox wont take a hit when the ps3 lands.
Dionysius

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 03:21
Oh my fucking God!
How could I forget Alan Wake?! Its trailer was one of those that impressed me the most, back when it was first shown. I’m really looking forward to it (and to think that I, not many seconds ago was thinking how there where no games coming for “my” 360).

I also forgot about Lost Odyssey (maybe I’m going senile). Although I’m not in a stadium where I am all excited about it (I’m scared I might get hurt) I do have hopes for it. Hironobu Sakaguchi is one of my favorite game designers, as I am a great fan of Final Fantasy (though I’ve only played from 6 and up). However just a name won’t make me wet my pants, but I’ll cross my fingers and hope he delivers. I know he can!

Also Alone in the Dark 4 seems like real fun to me, although the story (from what I’ve heard) seems somewhat comedic. The following is taken from Gamespot.

Even though the new game takes place in modern times circa 2006, for whatever reason, the hero of the new Alone in the Dark will be a man named Edward Carnby, star of the very first Alone in the Dark game--which took place in the late 1920s.

“We need to back, to the future!” said Doc.

By the way, this has been confusing me for a while now. Everyone seems to speak of Splinter Cell: Double Agent like on of the 360’s trump cards, but on Gamespot I spotted that it was also on its way for the Ps3. I figure that is true, but then why do many people seem to see it as one of the games that will make people choose the Box over the Ps?
Nitro

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 04:11
It hasn' t been confirmed for PS3 and Ubisoft have refused to comment on a PS3 version alltogether. Until it' s announced for the machine, the only next-gen machine it will be on is 360.

It may very well end up on PS3 as a launch title and that could be the reason for it' s delay, but we do know that the president of Ubisoft completely slated Sony and their machine the other day.

Advanced Warfighter is expected as a PS3 launch title, but 4 months after it' s release 360 is supposedly getting Ghost Recon 4.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 04:28
Didnt Sony, along time ago, say they were gonna pass on SC:4. Its gonna be hell trying to find the artical, but I' ll look for it.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 06:28
So basically what we' re saying is that:

a) Sony' s PS3 price is too high

and

b) Whether you get a PS3 or a 360 and/or a Wii is all about game preference.

I think that:

The Dualshock controller SUCKS ASS!!
The price of the PS3 is reasonable considering the tech that you get (although I may pass. For a while, anyways.)
The lesser SKU for the PS3 is GARBAGE (Even more so than the 360 Core! How can it NOT be upgradeable?! That' s SO wrong!)

So, in a nutshell, I don' t think that the criticism has been too harsh. I think they bring it upon themselves. I mean, they get up on their soapbox, and huff and puff, and show us all these " magical" things, and they we find out that it' s all smoke and mirrors! I' m not saying that I don' t like the PS3. What I' m saying is that MS forced Sony' s hand early on, into hyping up the PS3 to try to detract from the 360. I think that they kind of shot themselves in the foot, a little bit. I' d still like to own a PS3 when it' s released however, but that price...!
Dionysius

RE: Too harsh on Sony or justifiable critism?! - May 14, 2006 06:45
I see. That kinda explains it, about Splinter Cell I mean. Thanks.

Yeah, it is a lot of money (just think of all those starving children). No matter, ' CAUSE I' M RICH! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... sigh. I' ll be eating bread crumps for awhile. I damn my love love for Final Fantasy. I damn it to HEEELLLL!!!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 13 May 06 22:47:05 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread