Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic' s new look, explained.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 03:20

Sonic, Shadow plus new hedgehog. Apparently this is a flyer Sega will be handing out at E3. Whats most interesting to note is the ' PC' logo at the bottom.

The new guy looks sort of cool but Shadow I wish would go away and never come back.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 7 May 06 23:59:42 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 03:24
where are his guns gone?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 04:05

where are his guns gone?

LOL
Better is they all went away. Another fast hedgehog.... woo....[:' (]
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 04:40
Actually I kinda like the look of the new guy....a sonic trio interesting. Just wondering where they' re gonna take the story..more clones?.
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 05:07
ARE YOU THERE?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 05:44
at the end of S adventure Sonic changed into chaos sonic or something like that - maybe that' s him
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 06, 2006 18:29
Haven' t you played Sonic Adventure? Sonic changes into Super Sonic which gives him a yellow/golden colour, red eyes and longer hair... um nails... whatever. It' s kind of like when Son-Goku goes super Saiyan level 3 in Dragon Ball Z. Actually it' s exactly the same thing because Super Sonic gets this glow around him to.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 May 06 10:31:07 >
dasher232

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 01:41

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Haven' t you played Sonic Adventure? Sonic changes into Super Sonic which gives him a yellow/golden colour, red eyes and longer hair... um nails... whatever. It' s kind of like when Son-Goku goes super Saiyan level 3 in Dragon Ball Z. Actually it' s exactly the same thing because Super Sonic gets this glow around him to.

Yup yr right not just that but I felt a bit cheated when that happened dunno why...all the crap about sucking the ' ' positive' energy from the emeralds..not just that but after that you weren' t even allowed to play as ' ' super sonic' ' afterwards.
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 05:34
Super Sonic' s been about since Sonic 2 but yeah, it sucks not being able to blast about the levels as Super Sonic. Fingers crossed that' ll be addressed in this game.

As for the new guy, I doubt very much he' s a clone. This game is set in a previously unexplored corner of Sonic' s world so it' s possible this fellow has been there all along. The fact he recognises Sonic and calls him the Iblis Trigger seems to suggest he’s seen something of Sonic before. Maybe we' ll actually learn something about Sonic' s past.
dasher232

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 05:40
Yeah sounds really exciting I think i' m gonna love the new guy though. And ' ' iblis trigger' ' ? gets me thinking wth? maybe they are gonna go into a little depth about sonic' s history.
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 06:08
Interesting fact : Iblīs is the primary devil in the religion of Islam. He was made of smokeless fire by Allah. Envious of the creation of Adam and Eve Iblis disobeyed Allah and eventually was sent to hell.

So as the Iblis Trigger (Devil Trigger) I believe Sonic may inadvertently be the key to awake some greater evil.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 6 May 06 22:08:57 >
dasher232

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 19:18
Or maybe all three of them play a big part in releasing different entities, or even the same thing but they don' t know it apart from the new guy...would sorta make sense why they sent shadow all they way to space under lock and key.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 07, 2006 20:24
I hope I' ll never see any thread that long about Super MArio Bros Story :)

" Hey dude the princess actually was behind all this , she and bowser..."

:)
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 08, 2006 08:00
No scans of this til after E3 please folks by request of teh Segaz.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 08, 2006 09:54

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I hope I' ll never see any thread that long about Super MArio Bros Story :)

" Hey dude the princess actually was behind all this , she and bowser..."

:)

Actually in Super Mario Sunshine Baby Bowser said he got the paintbrush he used from E. Gadd (or someone that looked like him). It even had E. Gadd' s emblem on it. I don' t think they explained that in Sunshine, maybe it' s being saved for Mario 128. It' s not much, but it may be a sign of Nintendo also trying to increase complexity in their mascot games.

Maybe.
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 08, 2006 20:41
LOL, way to prove that scan was real Adam We' ll see though, only a day or two to go.
whatabout_paul

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 03:11
Holy mother of... have you seen the new trailer? Eggman looks sort of...HUMAN. Less of a cartoon character and more like a real evil doctor.

Then we' ve got a princess, Sonic running very fast, Sonic under water (really for the first time since the Megadrive titles) and just as things were looking up, Shadow in some jeep blowing stuff up. DAMNIT! Oh, the new hedgehog looks rather cool too, better than the picture I posted and defiantly white. Why there was a blue tinge to him before I don' t know.

Overall, after getting over the shock of Eggman’s makeover I’m very excited.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 04:27
Where did you see the new trailer with eggman in it? I checked the ign one and that was, same as conference, no eggman or anything else much, looks super sweet though and fast, for a change.
Dennis

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 04:29
Here the initial shock lasts far longer than enthusiasm. SEGA really takes risks.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 10, 2006 07:09
Crushes on animated animal type characters? Eww... oh who am I kidding, I sometimes feel that way too, for some strange reason. Hormones or something. That and the character designs are human-like, therefore they have an odd percentage of grabbing one' s interest. I remember Ariel from the Little Mermaid. That was one. A more recent attention grabber was Krystal from Dinosaur Planet, er, StarFox: Adventures. To a much lesser extent, Rouge did grab my attention in the attire department. For me though, the more humanoid, the more it stirs my perverted mind.

The graphics in the new trailers... don' t they look like Shadow the Hedgehog graphics, just with the proper framerate we got from the Adventure series, or is it just me? And no, not the character designs... or at least to a lesser extent.

Sonic, Shadow, and the White Hedgehog - what is this? Another Matrix trinity type symbolism attempt? Do NOT go there Sonic Team! Furthermore, NO MORE WEAPONS unless you make a true run and gun, but you have not the pedigree to pull that off, as seen in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sega needs to take risks. Let' s face it: if Sega remains conservative, we will get another half-baked title. They are simply not ready to go conservative yet. Sony, on the other hand....

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message