Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS4 video demonstration
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 03, 2006 20:34
About IGN, sure I know they have to get money somehow and their bussinessidea is smart. But why would I want to pay for membership when I can get the same stuff for free somewhere else?
They' ve got some exclusives I won' t get my hands on for some time but paying for it... nah that' s just their way of sucking money from jackasses. They could make that for free and still live on the ads the content will generate. But they won' t because they know suckers like us will pay them for it.
It' s company strategy, as much money as possible in the easiest possible way. I' m just saying I' m not going to fall for their strategy.

About MGS4. I was never impressed by the original trailers if concidering the graphics by pure power. The environments also looked pretty bad imo. What made me go wow was the art direction (as usuall), the animation, the cool angles (as in any MGS sequence) and the character details.
Other than that it was the least that I would expect from a next-gen title developed by a company like Konami.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 May 06 12:38:31 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 03, 2006 20:43
I HATE IGN.

You don' t think that Sony' s deal with IGN and their GameSpy division to do PlayStation HUB is going to make them even more biased than they already are?! Even GameSpot get paid by Sony for no apparent reason. I despise both sites!

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 03, 2006 20:55
Mmmm there are Ads on IGN even if you pay for it, i pay for it, and i stil have Adds
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 04, 2006 00:21
I used to be an IGN Insider, before last E3, then around that time they made a lot of their stuff accessable to mainstreamers albeit at lower quality with a couple more ads.

So after my year with them expired I let it go, but I signed up as I remember back in college and after they had a lot of stuff as insider-only.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 04, 2006 04:42
sure most of the intersting insider articles are posted on forums anyway.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 04, 2006 08:46

I' m just saying I' m not going to fall for their strategy.

:)

I' ve been an insider a long time ago , but lately the CHEAP BASTARD VERSION is enough for me , for HD videos I go to kikizo :)

You don' t think that Sony' s deal with IGN and their GameSpy division to do PlayStation HUB is going to make them even more biased than they already are?! Even GameSpot get paid by Sony for no apparent reason. I despise both sites!

Well in that case they (IGN) need to flame MS as much as they can , since Nintendo' s WI-FI service was also made with gamespy

Conspiracy theories at their best :)

Ginjirou - I totally agree about all that you said about MGS4 - those effects are quite common now but using them in cool ways is the key.

Mmmm there are Ads on IGN even if you pay for it, i pay for it, and i stil have Adds

My bad :)

Vx maybe you could post some cool articles from INSIDER - like Oblivion HEAD to HEAD and some other interesting features?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 04, 2006 16:36
Oblivion Head to Head, was actually the most boring head to head iv read! The PC version one, but only slightly, and if you had a Super Super PC.

But ill keep an eye out for cool articles :)
]GaNgStA[

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 04, 2006 20:44
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 05, 2006 03:10
if that stuff is all real time, its pretty impressive. still, i want to see a breakdown of gameplay, not cinematic real time stuff.
]GaNgStA[

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 05, 2006 05:48
And I want fries , coke and a toilet paper - supersized please :)
Nitro

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 05, 2006 18:58
It' s certainly realtime but the actions are predetermined and so when factoring in user control, physics, AI and everything else that' s needed to be able to play the game, it' s obviously not going to look THAT good.

I don' t for one minute doubt that it will look nice, but i also don' t expect it to be on store shelves for another 18 months or so.
ginjirou

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 05, 2006 20:17
During thoe 18 months they should be able to make the game look as good as it did in the trailer or even better.
Isn' t that what you always say about other games majik? That when the development team gets extra time they can optimize the game and stuff like that. As with GRAW. Oh I forgot, this is a PS3 game so it' s a different story...
Nitro

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 05, 2006 22:04
No no, that' s exactly the case. But as with every other MGS game, the cutscenes are of far superior quality to the actual gameplay.

Because it' s a cutscene and doesn' t require things like AI, it frees up processing power and enables developers to add post production effects.

It' s the same with Gears of War on 360 where some of the stuff that we' ve seen is obviously from a cutscene and looks of higher quality than the game looks when you' re playing it. This is from a cutcene...

...and the thing ingame doesn' t look like that.

I' m not saying that MGS will look bad ingame, just that i don' t expect the game to look as good as the cutscenes do, though as you noted, with 18 months left of development, the gameplay could very well look like the stuff we' ve seen so far with the cutscenes looking even better.

However, what we' ve seen so far has been little more than a tech demo, or at least that' s what i believe. It' s not an early build of the game, just an early build of the engine showing off what can be done.

I doubt we' ll see anything ingame at E3 either, just another cutscene like they do with all MGS games.
prodygee

• Total Posts : 9
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 06, 2006 22:23
Okay.. I have decided.. I' m selling my 360
ginjirou

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 07, 2006 00:40
What... why?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 07, 2006 08:05
Becuase ps3 is obviously the way of the future.
ginjirou

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 07, 2006 17:25
Yeah that word future sure is right since it' s a loong wait before PS3 arrives and it' ll be an even loooonger wait before it' s got enough good games to be worth buying. And to some it will be even loooonger since they have to save up for one. So yes the PS3 is the way of the (distant) future. I prefer having fun today though...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 7 May 06 9:25:49 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: MGS4 video demonstration - May 07, 2006 20:16
heheheh

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages