Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Some SEGA stuff
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 03:14
House of dead on NR...could be intresting.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 03:23
It' s called ' The House of the Dead' and that' s 5 words.

I' ve played HOTD4 and i' m certain it wouldn' t be considered...

one of the coolest things that' s coming

...especially when SEGA have some great franchises on the way already.

It' s not HOTD. It has to be something else.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 04:02
I don' t want a Revolution version of NiGHTS just yet.. Sonic Team has been 0-2 since late last year going into early 2006. I don' t want them touching NiGHTS yet until they get their act together, otherwise we might wind up with Claris and Elliot running around Nightopia with uzis, blasting everything in sight..
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 21, 2006 04:52
Maybe Handheld Sega System?

nah, thats too much broken english. How about...

Harry Potter Racer?

Sega just got the licence to this great franchise and is working hard [ie, taking it easy] on the most exciteing series yet, and what better way to convey that, than a racing game, on broomsticks? no?

ok, what about

Hey! Touch Me!

a new game for the ds staring Micheal Jackson .. and.. no, too far
Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 21, 2006 23:36
ADAM!!!!

...erm, ...is it another Headhunter?!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 22, 2006 00:22
OH GOD NO!!

After Headhunter: Redemption, I think Amuze has A LOT of redeeming to do..
I loved the original Headhunter, but Redemption was quite MEH!

If they were to do a sequel that played more like the original with ' some' of the advancements made in Redemption, I' d be SO there!!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 22, 2006 06:44

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I don' t want a Revolution version of NiGHTS just yet.. Sonic Team has been 0-2 since late last year going into early 2006. I don' t want them touching NiGHTS yet until they get their act together, otherwise we might wind up with Claris and Elliot running around Nightopia with uzis, blasting everything in sight..

I guess you should read this if you haven' t already done it:
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/702/702606p1.aspx
It' s the rumours Majik spoke off that Nights might actually appear on the Revolution.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 22, 2006 08:13
SEGA is a evil company that has Kikizo under gun point...
Terry is actually not a human,its an A.I sega created that just spread SEGA love...a true masterpice when it coms to SEGA propaganda :P
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 22, 2006 18:57
I see.
Then you must be Sakaguchis evil creation.
Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 22, 2006 22:15
Y' know i used to walk to school and on the way i' d go to the shop and everyday i' d spend my money on games magazines. Back then i didn' t even know what girls were, ...but i could tell anbody reams about Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter or, erm, ...G-Police...

I love games and there are specific companies that i grew up with that i' d never want to fully admit could possible make a bad game. Sega is one of them. See, i don' t blame Sega, i blame Sammy, and while there may be some truth to that i still feel like i' m kidding myself.

The long running franchises that never really change much, ...i still find brilliant. The HOTD and Virtua Fighter games for example. Subtle changes in the gameplay and superior visuals to previous incarnations and i' m bowled over. But then i look at Namco and say that they need to change the aging game mechanics in their games.

I don' t get it.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 23, 2006 00:18
Well I would say that Virtua Fighter' s mechanics and overall game engine developed far more than Namco' s Tekken series with each installment. Namely VF2 to VF3 and then to VF4. VF5 seems to have changed the less from 4 than 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. So that seems the exception, but then again it' s not finished and will see noticeable tweaks before release.

I find the biggest change for Tekken was back with 1 to 2 to 3. After that it just didn' t move forward enough. Thankfully I don' t love it any less, especially Tekken 5 and Tekken Tag.

I guess Sega changed more things back then to drive forward the realism in their arcade games. Now they don' t seem to do that so much, though VF5 looks to be an exception through subtle changes more than complete overhaul.

These days I' m just happy and thankfull that most of the companies that I also grew up with are still making games that I want. Even if they don' t change all that much... the magic never dies.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 22 Apr 06 16:19:50 >
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 23, 2006 01:14
What made me like SEGA more than other companies was their attitude. Or rather, the games attitude. Compare Sonic to Mario and you get the point. Yet they can still make very cute games that appeal to everyone. A perfect mix. They create games with depth beyond our understanding (like VF) but also games that are easy to play (Super Monkey Ball), games with deep stories and characters (Shenmue) but also games that has a more simple approach (Sonic).
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Apr 06 17:14:54 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 23, 2006 22:46

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

What made me like SEGA more than other companies was their attitude. Or rather, the games attitude. Compare Sonic to Mario and you get the point. Yet they can still make very cute games that appeal to everyone. A perfect mix. They create games with depth beyond our understanding (like VF) but also games that are easy to play (Super Monkey Ball), games with deep stories and characters (Shenmue) but also games that has a more simple approach (Sonic).

Totally agree it' s weird because I started off liking both sonic and mario about the same now I can' t stand mario (no offense to the mario fans), and I dunno why but it just seems diluted, sonic however seems to still be able to add depth and dimentions to it' s new installations. Sega is one of my favourite companies like you said they have a very good attitude to warm to that' s reflected in their games.
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 29, 2006 05:28
Ok, there have been some announcements lately such as Virtua Tennis and Super Monkey Ball and we' ve got lots of nice VF5 and Chrome Hounds trailers to watch. But we still haven' t figured out the three-words-where-the-first-word-starts-with-H-thing.
Or was that just a bad joke Adam?
And it was supposed to be one of the coolest things so I' m expecting more than just that H thing since you did say:

Sega has a couple of cool surprises for you guys at E3 (though they' re announcing them in advance of the show - very soon). Though unfortunately it looks like we won' t be breaking the info like we have done in the past. To prove I am not making it up, one of the coolest things that' s coming is three words, first letter H. ;-)

Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 29, 2006 06:25
I dunno, but i have reason to believe that SOMETHING will be announced in a few hours time. No idea what, it could even just be an update of something we' ve seen recently **thinks Red Steel**, but whatever it is is supposed to be very interesting.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 29, 2006 08:43
Hmm... Adam Doree, you said that one of the coolest things coming out starts with an H huh? It' s not Hentai Happy Hour? Gee... exploding heads come to mind.

Oh. Salutations to all the Kikizo board members. Expect me to hang out on these boards henceforth for gaming chit chat. You may have seen me in the GameFAQS boards prior, but I doubt it. Nice to meet you all.

Sega' s newest batch of games sound far more enticing than the previous batches. The Sonic brand, in particular, was tarnished considerably last year, so this will hopefully restore some fairh. However, I really want to try Sonic Rush. Heard that was good. So with only Outrun 2006 and Sonic Rush as the only nice offerings last year, Sega has not done too well. However, if Afterburner, HotD etc. all make their mark, I expect good things for the company this year. And nothing could be more incredible than if they announce a Wii surprise in the form of a Nights sequel. One can only hope....

Back to the H: Same guys that made Guilty Gear fighting series, right? Similar game mechanics, but not identical? Based on an anime? I know what it is.

The game in question is Ken Il Guerrero. Wait, that' s the Italian name.
Fist of the... nope, that' s the American/English title.
Shin... that' s the OVA series, darn it.
It is Hokuto no Ken!

Kenshiro, the man with the seven scars arrives in an awesome 2d fighter, and if you have not seen it in action, well... you are missing out. Interested? Youtube it.

On a side note: Did you manage to watch the Raoh Gaiden flick yet? I want to see it BADLY.
< Message edited by vdig -- 28 Apr 06 19:49:38 >
Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 29, 2006 08:55
HotD4 is great. It' s more of the same but the new mechanics are cool enough to warrant spending more money.

I' m not sure if i prefer the shotguns from the 3rd game though. The Mac 10' s in number 4 seem to be how they expect people to cope with the higher enemy count.

At least they recoil.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 30, 2006 00:16
I was told that it was something that was renamed. Go figure.

A new Time Crisis where you can move and strafe would be interesting... but then it would not be Time Crisis, would it?
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - May 02, 2006 23:09
Damnit! We' re close to E3 and still no big announcements from Sega except the Sega Rally news and the previously announced Virtua Tennis and Super Monkey Ball.
I' ll keep reviving this thread until I get my Three-words-where-the-first-one-starts-with-H.
Adam, just make something up like
" Sega currently in Handheld Game development and I' ll be satisfied because then I can finally let this thread rest in peace.
It wouldn' t be lying either since they are most likely to be working on some kind of handheld title right now, be it for the PSP, the DS or cell-phones. Right?

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 May 06 16:29:20 >
Rock_Howard

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Some SEGA stuff - May 03, 2006 11:33
Sega did recently merge with sammy, which i feel is great. Sega could continue to make things for arcades like they have been. Sammy' s Atomiswave system is pretty much a slightly upgraded dreamcast that takes cartridges. there is also the noami arcade systems sega has made.

As for the " h" thing.
possibly could be HOAX HOAX HOAX
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message