Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 16, 2006 18:00
Stranglehold uses the unreal 3 engine as well and so does brothers in arms 3. The only thing connecting unreal 3 games such as too human, mass effect, gears of war or anything else are their sci-fi themes.

The art design in too human will separate it from either unreal 3 titles then again there isn' t exactly anything wrong with being compared to mass effect ;)

Also its easy to take pieces of a game, without looking at the whole picture and try to draw definitive conclusions (Not your fault you are merely commenting on what you' ve seen thus far which is repectable). Make no mistake about it too human will have quite a different look and feel to it than other unreal 3 games.

I understand where you are coming from though magik you make some valid points, but all in all different experiences are a guarantee. Its hard right now, but maybe just maybe there will be something about too human we' ll all see in the future that will almost make it seem as if we are comparing the 360 to an nes game. That isn' t a rag on nintendo because I love nintendo, but it doesn' t seem rather intelligent comparing a nes game to a 360 one. I think too human can quite possibly provide the spark for which certain comparisons might seem equally unfair :)
< Message edited by dyack -- 16 Apr 06 10:08:56 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 16, 2006 20:24
But Dyack the look and feel of a game are quite different things. Gangsta was saying (And I quite agree) he is tired of seeing these samey looking game pictures all over the forum. You don' t get the feel from the screens and the arguement isnt that the game wont be AAA and possibly own everything else out there, but that it' s tire some to see samey stuff.

How often do people post screens of new ps2, gamecube, xbox games? Rarely. These new games being shown aren' t SO impressive anymore, it' s as the " norm" . Happy to see screens for the first time or of something that looks genuinely impressive by these new standards.

And to whoever said ps3/nintendo fanboy... Why would sony fanboys complain about unreal engine, it will be used on PS3 too...
< Message edited by uumai -- 16 Apr 06 14:17:17 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 16, 2006 22:04
When ps3 show some playable or real time that looks amazing we will post it,but to this moment we only had some cgi,expect from MGS4 and FF7 tech demo,which we showed and all agree it look amazing technially.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 16, 2006 23:25

Why would sony fanboys complain about unreal engine, it will be used on PS3 too...

Yeah, but Sony don' t have it quite as good.

See, Unreal Engine 3.0 will make full use of DX10 and XNA, meaning 360 developers have it very easy. Developers working on PS3 titles using the engine will have to come up with their own middleware or toolkits because Epic isn' t shipping anything of use with the game environment.

On a side note, if what i' m hearing is correct, FEAR is defnately coming to 360.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 17, 2006 00:12
The only FPS I want to see coming Console side at this time is Crysis.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 25, 2006 11:57
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=2007427

new clear pics and info hands on I believe
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 25, 2006 12:37
What I find funny about the similarity of Unreal 3 games is all the baldy characters pointing guns in a lot of them!

< Message edited by choupolo -- 25 Apr 06 4:50:16 >
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 26, 2006 09:01
Yeah and they all, especially Too Human (glowing tattoos) resemble Alias from Red Faction II
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 27, 2006 22:23
Anyway getting back on topic - Too Human seems to be amazing.

I don' t know how many of you finished Eternal Darkness (made by Silicon Knights for GCN) , but those who haven' t should know , that both game design and visuals were exceptional.

Both story and storytelling were awesome , and judging by SK interviews on Too Human , this time it' s going to be at least that good.With many layers of story left for gamers to discover.

Graphics of ED ( for GameCube) had exceptional lightning- it wasn' t the way lightsourcing itself was implemented ,but the artistic way of using it.It' s hard to explain , but it looked really different and amazingly real while creating amazing mood at the same time.

Anyway - any selfrespecting gamer should play Eternal Darkness (and it' s not hard to do - it' s awesome from start to finish) to see how cool some games can be while trying something new.

I wrote all that crap about ED to make one point - Silicon Knights are more than your avarage developer , they have real artists among them (and most devs working on games 360 don' t) , they' ve worked with Miyamoto and Kojima mastering their developing skills. They are the same people who started the company - no one left since then,This game could beat the shit out of GoW,Mass Effect or any other title using the same technology.

Oh and it' s the project of their lives so ...

:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 14:35:23 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message