Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo GO ????
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 73 of 73
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 05:38
Joe didn' t criticize the specs though...

I said that Revolution was superior to Xbox and he simply quoted me and noted that the clock speeds weren' t far superior but only slightly better than Xbox. Which they are when you just look at the figures...

For some unknown reason Gangsta took offense and started calling people retarded and stupid!

Joe in fact said...

I' ll wait until the games come out, but I' m not expecting the Revolution to blow me away graphically or sonically

...and there' s nothing wrong with that.
Sulphur_Genius

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 08:42

You know Majik not everyone is on 6 hours a day everyday.

Hehe , now that is funny Sh$T.!!

Majik is a lot fuckin smarter than you mate. Perhaps you wish you were on a games development couse too eh?
< Message edited by Sulphur_Genius -- 1 Apr 06 0:59:45 >
FujiwaraKazuma

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 10:16
The specs for the Rev (a.k.a. go) aren' t probably going to be up to par with the 360 and ps3, but if the gameplay is good that' s what should really matter. Nowadays people are too much into the graphics than gameplay and if a " next gen" system doesn' t have almost life-like graphics then it' s not considered next gen. Honestly, that was back in the 16 bit and 32 bit era when we could say about a game' s or system' s graphics being better the next gen, but now we should be able to make games that are focused more on gameplay. That' s why I think like the ds is kicking the psp' s ass, it has better games on it, even though the psp has better graphics. But each to his own.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 12:27
Dear me Its not nice to insult people and their intelligence

ORIGINAL: Sulphur_Genius
Jeez! It ISNT " GO" for crying out loud.

Majik has already mentioned it and i mentioned it in my previous post. Since the slide originated in Japan, and " GO" is Japanese for " Five" then " Nintendo GO" simply means " Nintendo FIVE" or " N5" .

It wouldnt be called Nintendo GO in the west, it would be called " Nintendo GO" in Japan. For me and you it would be " N5" .

Its also still speculation!

Gangsta (LOL) since Majik klnows what hes talking about when it comes to system specifications and how they work, what are you trying to say? That hes actually wrong, because hes actually spot on dude.

Majik is a lot fuckin smarter than you mate. Perhaps you wish you were on a games development couse too eh?

Yes u are smarter than me!! (u missed out the ' r' in course btw)

If you do finish your development ' couse' and qualify, I' ve found a great Development team that i think could suit you!!!! check it out:

http://www.alteregostudios.com

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 1 Apr 06 4:50:55 >
Sulphur_Genius

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 16:02
we do the same couRse dickweed
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 16:14
I didn' t get offended by anything said here - it' s just silly to compare systems by CPU clock speed - and it' s even more stupid to spend so much time doing it.

Revolution will be significantly less powerful than both competitors and what' s more it doesn' t have any unique shader abilities in it' s GPU (which I thought it will)

I don' t really think it' s stupid to compare it to other systems - many sites do it , but if you think you have any idea of how it fares in comparisons because you know some clock speeds - you guys are mistaken.

The most limiting factor for Rev in my opinion is RAM - I expected a bit more I guess.

I also don' t think those games will look as good as I thought they will before those specs.

Fanboy or not - your comparisons had nothing to do with reality and I just said it' s retarded to do them , not that all of you are @!#$%^&^%$#@ or whatever.

since you don' t take me seriously maybe you should take a look at the original story on IGN - guys with devkits who gave these specs said it' s definitely more technically advanced than original Xbox , but not as powerful as 360 or PS3 - and from your briliant comparisons(CPU Rev-729 Xbox-733) CPU seems to be even worse than the one in Xbox while GPU seems to have some neglectable clock speed advantage.

Anyway if you like to play smart with majik there' s no better place for that than Kikizo Forums I guess :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 1 Apr 06 8:43:15 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 01, 2006 21:48

we do the same couRse dickweed

oh right.. whatever u say M8!..

Revolution.

We should just see how this things hang TBH..

My guess is tho, that Nintendo really know what there doing and built the rev to have enough power to make some cracking-looking games.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 00:36
I was going ask that we keep on topic but it seems that we are back on track again.

My guess is tho, that Nintendo really know what there doing and built the rev to have enough power to make some cracking-looking games

Agreed. I' m still mystified as to how Capcom got RE4 looking so good on Gamecube, ...i mean, it looks nicer than all but the very best Xbox games (and even that' s debatable!!!) ...

It won' t be as bad as people are now expecting that' s for sure, and we should see a couple of games in this next month or so, almost certainly before E3 rolls around.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 02:46

The talk was about comparisons - so yes CLOCK SPEED MEANS NOTHING when you compare two different CPU' s

Tell that to the SNES vs. Genesis vs. Turbografx-16.
Each demonstrated speed advantages over the other.

Personally, while I' m no technical guru or whatever they' re called I think ALL of the elements that make up a game system means something. And that includes " bits" as well. I' ve never been of the belief that " bits no longer mean anything" as I' ve seen many people claim in the past.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 1 Apr 06 18:48:53 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 07:36
Revolution will be 64-bit. PowerPC doesn' t go any higher than that, and it' s only recently that they' ve even been able to obtain a 64-bit architecture (aka the G5).

The Gamecube Nintendo was 32-bit.

Oh.. almost forgot: The Neo Geo was 16-bit, but you already know that.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1 Apr 06 23:38:49 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 07:47
I always LOVED just how hard SNK was pushing that " 24-bit" Non-sense, lol..
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 08:06
How many bits was the Dreamcast?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Apr 02, 2006 08:19
PowerPC 970 (based on POWER4) was introduced in 2003 and was their first 64-bit processor proper.

POWER5 is the first to be dual-core.

IBM only use a handful of baseline chips, and simply modify them to their clients needs/requirements as they have done with for CELL and Xenon (Waternoose), and will also have done with Broadway.

So as i already said, Broadway will be either based on POWER4 or 5 architecture and could be dual-cored. I doubt we' ll know for sure any time soon though.

It should be noted that both Xenon and CELL are also 64-bit processors...

How many bits was the Dreamcast?

An idiot would tell you 128-bit, but it wasn' t.

It had an SH-4 (SuperH) and the core ran at 32-bit. People say 128-bit because it had a 128-bit FPU (Floating Point Unit), but that doesn' t make it a 128-bit chip.

The same core was used in Naomi and Atomiswave arcade platforms too.

You should understand that when you say 16/32/64/128 bit games consoles, it' s not the processor that the number signifies.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Apr 06 0:32:38 >
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 73 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread