Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 predictions for the ps3
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 74 of 74
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:15

so you mean... all my games wont run at 120fps!?

First of all,to get 120 fps,you need a 120 hz tv,or monitor second you eye doesnt see a diffrence.
Also no game at 1080p or i will go in 120 fps trust me :P
Also for ex,GRAW/PDZ went in 30 fps,and it runned in a perfect tempo for me.
Now why add in 90 more fps?
Whats the point?
If they can add in 120 fps,they apprently not gonna add in more details.
Cliffy at epic games said,they would add in more and more details if they went over 40 fps.
Basically they gonna cream the screen with candy,which you cannot if you gonna play at 120 fps.
I mean seriously,wtf is wrong with ken?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:31
I think he' s being sarcastic Quez...

Technologically, from what Sony have previously stated, PS3 doesn' t have much on 360, ...if anything.

Sony are always careful to choose their word carefully and mostly means something slightly different than what the majority think.

Most early PS3 games won' t even run at 1080p, let alone use dual displays. It just sounds good!

I mean seriously,wtf is wrong with ken?

He' s a business man, not a gamer. His job is to make Sony money and he does hid job well. It' s not like he gives a shit about the kids buying the machine as long as their buying it.
QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:38
But why say 120 fps?
Is it because some people doesnt get what that is?
If a game plays in 120 fps,the console is not having any problem playing the game,and then you know for sure,the graphic on that game could have been so much much better,
You could probably play some xbox games at 120 fps with no problem on the 360,what diffrence does it make?
I dont get ken at all...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:40
Sony can take as long as they like becuase they are sony. They are above the competition. And the ps3 is going to be the next no.1 console again hitting the 100milllion mark in a short 5 years again becuase, simply, they are sony.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:53
The " dual 1080p" output, to me, is like....

Ignoring 32:9 ratio for a minute, makes me think of the dreamcast and VMU.

The VMU was a nice idea that if used well in games could have really been cool. eg stats, or a map (not jsut some silly icon). I guess the only use i can see for dual hdmi output other than " ours is better than theirs" is for multitasking, watching a bdrom while playing a game off the HDD, or like.... hmm.... Playing a game while something... I don' t see it being much use given the one input would be used for the game, but i mean who is it that can afford 2 1080p hdtvs, that doesn' t have a pc to do all the extra crap the ps3 could possibly run on a second screen??

I' m still gonna get one when it comes out in " november" (yes i suppose i am being optimistic) or whenever. I like the HDD being required, but if they don' t supply it with the system then they are whores. 120fps, dual hdmi, 7 controlers, 4d and all that is like things i' ll pretend i never heard, because frankley i dont care.
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:56

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Sony can take as long as they like becuase they are sony. They are above the competition. And the ps3 is going to be the next no.1 console again hitting the 100milllion mark in a short 5 years again becuase, simply, they are sony.

Ugh! Don' t give me that shit, ...PS3 isn' t going to be as successful as either PS1 or PS2. You just wait until E3 and then you' ll get the picture!

If Sony were all that, PSX would have been a major success...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 06:19
Sony CAN' T take as long as they want because like Nintendo did with Sega, if they underestimate the competition and don' t rush to meet them head on then they run the risk of losing a lot of marketshare.

Even though I' ve never been a fan of Sony I' ve always given them credit for not just sitting back and thinking that they can' t be beaten. When the Dreamcast came, Sony didn' t scoff at it, they actually got nervous and rushed the announcement of the PS2 in March 1999 and hustled to get it onto Japanese shelves exactly one year later. Sony WAS a good student of the industry, they witnessed the mistakes of Nintendo and Sega and tried to avoid making them. However, with the PS3 some solid cracks are starting to form on that armor of theirs. And with Nintendo and Microsoft chomping at their heels with lower-priced next-gen alternatives, it' s going to be VERY interesting how things play out in the next-generation wars. It looks like it' s going to get BRUTAL..

Even though the PS3 is bound to be successful, I still see Sony in sort of a tough spot. The headstart they had on the current competition this generation is GONE.
Their consumer friendly $299 price point is also GONE.

If they go low with the PS3 price, they get f**ked, as it' ll probably make the Xbox' s 1 billion dollar a year loss seem like chump change. They go high as many speculate, the consumer gets f**ked.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Mar 06 22:29:33 >
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 20, 2006 14:18

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Right, and atari was atari, and people thought they too were bullet-proof, but people are fickle when it comes to entertainment, the ps3 might(and most likely will be) very expensive.
And if the machine is expensive, people are less likely to want to spring for a bundle of games.
3D0 made this mistake.

Terry Bogard :
Sony CAN' T take as long as they want because like Nintendo did with Sega, if they underestimate the competition and don' t rush to meet them head on then they run the risk of losing a lot of marketshare.

Amen to this, even if sony is dominating in all tried and true fields, there are fields sony will never want to try because it' s a risk.
And people like games that do something differant, like the sims, it' s sold more copies then the loads of doom clones on the market.

As much as we all hate to admit it, it' s the 80s allover again.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 00:32
I' m so glad the majority of this site have their heads screwed on the right way!

I can remember towards the end of the megadrive, no one thought Sega could put a foot wrong, and I mean, no-one. It was a no-brainer for them as far as all of my mates were concerned.. the fanboys for the MD (if they existed then) were even worse.

Im not saying then was now or vice versa, but I remember how quickly Sega messed up content provisions, and how quickly the black unit lost to the cheaper, more flimsy " inferior" unit..

and the saturn sold for £100 more...

So surely Sony don' t believe their own hype?

I think for a typicical Sony type launch, this is VERY daring for them!

Initial sales dont always equal platform survival either!

Course it will be a success, but as Terry say' s they have always been watchful of the market, and applying big business principles to what was a rather innocent time back with the PS.

Anyone who things Sony will be the biggest forever is insane, and very shortsighted!

After all this, can you see them going the same way with the PS4? Good god, I' ll build myself a hype-resitant shelter and live underground for a few years.

I remember the DC launch in Japan, I got mine over a year ahead of uk launch, and even now some DC games stund up against PS2 ones. That console was killed by hype. I can remember 5 year old' s in game saying the PS2 was better when they hadn' t even finalised the specs.

Lets all be British about this, give everyone a chance, and make our minds up AFTER the first round - not before!

Dam this speculation, it' s so addictive. Mental note to self - take " hype-bunker(tm)" idea seriously.
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 02:27
A quick look at the guys running the gaming aspect of all three companies explains a lot...

J Allard

Satoru Iwata

...and the biggest idiot in the industry himself, ...Ken " It' ll be expensive" Kutaragi...

I wonder if Ken actually ever plays games...
QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 06:50
I had some pics when J.allard was fat and had hair on both side of the head if you know what i mean :P
and wore old disgusting pike shirts or customes,he really changed his look for the 360.
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 06:57
Like...

I see what you' re getting at, but J Allard has always been cool!

My point is that KK is a business man and i doubt he sits and plays games. I HATE HIM!!!

I want to see KK and JA fight to the death!
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 13:21
The thing about j is, i' ve seen him at halo contests in the seattle area, not signing autographs or hanging with his entourage..
But getting his ass kicked in slayer, he may not be a great halo player, but he uses the product, just like what Majikdra6on said.

And that makes him tons better then anyone else in this industry.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 21, 2006 18:01
Now a fight between J and KK wouldnt be good, if KK should go out and win. but if the contestants get the companies latest consoles in hand, KK would have PSP for a weapon and J would have a 360, :P
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 74 of 74

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message